Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) (2821 Views)

Tiwa Savage Bags Honorary Degree From The University Of Kent, UK (photos) / A Nairalander Had Just Completed His Business Degree In The UK (photos) / Nigerian PHD Students Stranded In UK (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thousands of children have been told to stay at home today after a council closed four schools because they were invaded by Britain's deadliest spiders.

Newham Council in east London has evacuated two primaries and two secondary schools to treat the invasion of False Widow Spiders 'immediately, before the eggs start hatching'.

False Widow Spiders, the UK's most poisonous arachnid, are dark-coloured with globular bodies and range from 9.5 to 14 mm in size.

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
A notice on the Lister Community School website from the headteacher Anthony Wilson.

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2018
Ellen Wilkinson Primary School.

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by milemimi93(m): 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2018
God bless PMB. I know the thread has nothing to do with him. But I have to steal this time out to praise the man. He has done Nigerians great.

PMB still remains the best yet. Yet his best is yet to come..

Sai baba we the good citizens of Nig love u.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
Rokeby school is due to remain closed until October 29.

1 Like

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by milemimi93(m): 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2018
This thing shouldn't be news.. We had Ebola cases in Nig and schools were shut down..
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by jumpandpas(m): 3:52am On Oct 05, 2018
. tongue.
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by jumpandpas(m): 3:52am On Oct 05, 2018
Explorers:
Rokeby school is due to remain closed until October 29.

Even in Nigeria, their national assembly has been closed because of one unrepentant spider in Aso rock.
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by jumpandpas(m): 3:58am On Oct 05, 2018
milemimi93:
God bless PMB. I know the thread has nothing to do with him. But I have to steal this time out to praise the man. He has done Nigerians great.

PMB still remains the best yet. Yet his best is yet to come..

Sai baba we the good citizens of Nig love u.

Is it the same Buhari that closed presidential villa and ran to Daura because of Lt. Col. Oscar Ibibibio and his gang of rodents?

3 Likes

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by KingLennon(m): 7:13am On Oct 05, 2018
That's a great decision and a timely one at that. The false wisdow spider is very dangerous...
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Teacher1776(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2018
A real spiderman will soon emerge in England.
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2018
grin
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Ramon92: 8:48am On Oct 05, 2018
These oyinbo people sef. Ordinary spider undecided

Nigeria that's been infested with cows nko, did it they shut it down?

1 Like

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2018
If na Naija half the students go don die first.. grin
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2018
Earthbound:
If na Naija half the students go don die first.. grin
and people go abuse govt for closing the sch, eg ebola crisis, private schools refused to adjust resumption date by just 2weeks when fg advised them too, not until state govt/fg insisted that they are gonna use police to enforce it if they dont
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2018
milemimi93:
This thing shouldn't be news.. We had Ebola cases in Nig and schools were shut down..
:
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

and people go abuse govt for closing the sch, eg ebola crisis, private schools refused to adjust resumption date by just 2weeks when fg advised them too, not until state govt/fg insisted that they are gonna use police to enforce it if they dont
That's a better case scenario sef. I don't think we have anti venom for spiders. Imagine if this occurred in public primary and secondary schools here.
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by kushercain: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2018
If na me I go still go school. Spider man tins grin

1 Like

Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by NnamdiN: 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2018
They're apologising for closing schools shocked shocked grin
This would have been good news for my goons back then grin
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by kalvoken(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
KingLennon:
That's a great decision and a timely one at that. The false wisdow spider is very dangerous...

I'm not doubting if you would have said this, should Nigerian government take same action in a similar case. I know you won't, rather the chant would have been useless, irresponsible government And so on.
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by KingLennon(m): 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
kalvoken:

I'm not doubting if you would have said this, should Nigerian government take same action in a similar case. I know you won't, rather the chant would have been useless, irresponsible government And so on.
I value human lives alot that makes your thought Invaluable...
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 06, 2018
A nation running a working system
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 6:40am On Oct 06, 2018
For here, pupils dey use dem as toys!

What is bad is bad!
Re: Infestation Of Venomous Spiders Closes Four Schools In The UK(Photos) by Gosj01(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2018
Following.

check signature for exciting deals!

(1) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Post Ume Coming Up / At Last: !ansu Second Choice Admission List Is Out: ! / Benue Owes 150 Teachers 4-yr Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.