Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) (21603 Views)

Taraba State University Lecturer Weds His Former Student (Photos) / Adewole Atere, FUOYE Lecturer, Impregnates 16-Year-Old Student (Photos) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by sacajawea: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
My biggest fear those days HealthCare was non-existent and most don't care
Even the Schools in Ghana and SA had provision for students if they get admission Health Insurance as long as you had money.
But many of you would still hail or love your UNIBEN after many more of this. Rubbish A very Overrated school.
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by megamank(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2018
Ikmontana1:
Are you certain we read the same news post

Which one your read? My be na the French version I read o....
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by Jaykaynigltd: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2018
abdulaz:
As a student of any federal higher institutions in Nigeria, just bear in mind that you’re on your own health wise.

Sad though. The system failed him cry
except unilorin
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by vindisick: 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
It's unfortunate, that's the zoo for you. It's not like the citizens haven't always been clamouring about these negligence and poor management in the health care system for almost 58 yrs now. NO!.The thing is that the country is built on a very faulty foundation and nothing actually changes for good. RIP.

I wouldn't want my children to inherit this kind of country, that's why we fight to restore the republic of biafra. Cos to me, That's the only antidote.
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by emrys2955: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
This Nigeria. we prefer our job than the lives of others. I thank God bkos dia Is no more Nigeria in the new earth. RIP
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by Omonoba1: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
It's such a pity.. I was at posting at the A&E when they brought him in and there was no such thing as 15minutes delay at UBTH. The delay was from the health center and I think UNIBEN should really consider been strict on the staffs there cos they are good for nothing. I think the FG can do better by placing all undergrads under the NHIS. That way, they can access ubth easily instead of the health center
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by TheBoy1740: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
abdulaz:
As a student of any federal higher institutions in Nigeria, just bear in mind that you’re on your own health wise.

Sad though. The system failed him cry

You're on your own in everything

1 Like

Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by sacx: 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
Just imagine after all the stress of going through health clearance in 100level, school still can't provide standard health facilities.

1 Like

Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by odysey: 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
G1STM0RE:
Austin Okafor, a 300 level Entrepreneurship student of the Department of Management Sciences, University of Benin, has died as a result of what his colleagues called insensitivity on the part of the school management.

According to reports, Okafor had gone to the Health Centre on October, 2, 2018, for medical attention and was referred to the Uniben Teaching Hospital, on Wednesday morning, after he started urinating blood.

It was gathered that despite the emergency situation, the ambulance conveying him with no life support facilities, was still made to stop at the Student Affairs Division to obtain a clearance permit before he could be treated at UBTH.

However, after about a 35-minute delay in getting him to UBTH, Okafor died while doctors were struggling to resuscitate him at the Accident & Emergency Ward after another 15 minutes of negligence.

News via Gistmore :: http://gistmore.com/schools-protocol-poor-facilities-kill-uniben-300-level-student-photos

Cc; lalasticlala

if you can reach his family

tell them they can get justice

they should sue the school ... there are law firms that would gladly do this pro bono
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by LilSmith55(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
And dey expect us to pay 350k
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by Emeknightpeter: 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2018
So sad
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by Omonoba1: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2018
odysey:

if you can reach his family

tell them they can get justice

they should sue the school ... there are law firms that would gladly do this pro bono
lol..That's a wild goose chase.
Re: School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) by odysey: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2018
Omonoba1:
lol..That's a wild goose chase.
I can promise you they'll Pay upto 50m if pursued

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Outdated And/or Made-up Words In Nigerian English / Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools / JAMB 2014/2015 Admission Status To Be Available Online Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.