Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Should I Quit Or Stay - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit Or Stay (838 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Is It Better To Quit Or Continue With This Job? / Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit Or Stay by aralc: 11:46am On Oct 05, 2018
Good day all

not to bore you with too many details I will go straight to the point. I work with someone who is very influential in the Federal [b]agency to which she works as her personal assistant. there was never an agreement on the job it was just come help me with my workload and I will pay you 15k before the end of the month and we go our seperate ways. from the onward i am still there this time around more like a civil servant cos everyone thinks i am staff now that i am into the service. i travel with them, attend meetings with them and also join the in some conferecnes. my salary was raised recently to 20k and no hope of being employed in the federal agency because she barely talk about it and when i bring it up she will say my documents are in HR when i know its not there. and others do want to help not to get into a problem with her. i am in my late 20s and i dont like the working condition i find myself with. she even treathens to sack me when there was a mistake which we both can share the blame 20% for me and 80% for her. there is a cafe close to my house where i go for late night hustle. they are asking me to work for them and i also apply online and tell people i am looking for a job.

Please i need advice on what to do. should i quit so others may help me or should i emdure?[/b]
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by Omoekun931(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2018
Stay. I see a light at the end of this tunnel. You will be surprised

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by enemachris(m): 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
My dear, you better quit and start looking for ways to build your future instead of building another person's future.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by dahmie2013: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
I think you should be patient dear! The advantage of the job is dat u can do ur side hustle, so just hold on.
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by dozofavour(m): 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
enemachris:
My dear, you better quit and start looking for ways to build your future instead of building another person's future.

why my heart is telling me to quit, i am really confused i dont want to do something i will regret later
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by Alexgeneration(m): 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2018
Leave that frustrating job immediately, be a man and step out of that cocoon and look for a better job.

Besides,you can meet other "ogas" in that office to link you up to better opportunities,even if the opportunities are outside that federal agency.

It's not a must that the person that brought you to the organization will help you climb up the ladder.

Go out and network with people .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
there is no point 2 waste time. just quite...................... better days ahead

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by Korofoh: 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by enemachris(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
dozofavour:

why my heart is telling me to quit, i am really confused i dont want to do something i will regret later
Thats the problem with fear, it kills u several times before your death. Where u r currently is limiting u but u dnt know. If u dnt step out frm d circle nw, u mite end up regreting it later.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay by Queenmark: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2018
dozofavour:

If you want to be collecting 20k for the rest of your life you can stay since you do not want to regret it. That lady is not interested in helping you move forward in life.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Olopo (local Cook) / Office Assistant/cleaner / Female Customer Care Opening At Ginido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.