Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Mallam Bolaji Abdullah: The Best Governor Kwarans Never Had - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Bolaji Abdullah: The Best Governor Kwarans Never Had (340 Views)

Video: Saraki Asking Kwarans To Vote Buhari / VIDEO: Kwarans Boo, Praise APC Guber Candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq / Kwarans Bombarded Saraki With "OLE" "THIEF" "OTOGE" On Live Radio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mallam Bolaji Abdullah: The Best Governor Kwarans Never Had by Comrademajeed: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
BOLAJI ABDULLAH: THE BEST GOVERNOR KWARANS NEVER HAD

By: Abdulmajeed Abdulfatai
Edited, Com. Abdulateef Ishowo

It is better to start with, Who's a God-father? And better still, What is god-fatherism? A god-father is a king maker, Boss, Leader and principal, while, god-son is the beneficiary and recipient of the legacy of a god-father.
A god-father is someone who has built unimaginable respect and followers (Voters) in a community and possessed a well organized political structure and platform and general acceptance from electorates that could secure victory for the candidate of his choice. Politics of god-fatherism involves the "anointing" of a god-son who is expected to win an election by using the influence, wealth, political structure and experience of the god-father. In return, the god-son reciprocate by loyalty and regular consultation with the god-father.

A vibrant argument at the phenomenon of god-fatherism reveals that nothing is wrong with the globally acclaimed idea. In fact, it helps to nurture democracy and provide opportunities for the upcoming politicians to attain political power. Every society has a set of individuals who commands respect among the people.

In Kwara, Abubakar Bukola Saraki who was the State governor for 8 years and currently The Senate President of The Nigerian Senate and Chairman of National Assembly has naturally and ultimately emerged and assumed the position of god-father even before the demise of His father, (Dr. Abubakar Sola Saraki). This was proved, when he single handedly brought his Commissioner For Finance AbdulFatah Ahmed from obscurity to become the governor of Kwara State in 2011. ABS as He's fondly called, by his followers having inherited the dynasty from His father, has successfully uplifted The Saraki dynasty with His brilliance and dynamic leadership style to an enviable hight in Nigeria since the demise of The Baba Saraki of the blessed memory. However, ABS has recorded tremendouse success in promoting brilliant individuals by bringing them from obscurity to man different positions of authority as commissioners, SSA's SSA's Ministers and other positions that are numerous to mention. Admittedly, Amongst whom he brought to limelight and nurtured was Hon Bolaji ABDULLAHI (Omoluabi). Omoluabi, in His response to Prof. Itse Sagay, says, "Go and tell Prof. Sagay that I am not just the man Friday of Senator Bukola Saraki. Tell him I am his man Monday," which literally means His (Omoluabi) Loyalty to ABS is second to non. Mallam Bolaji once told the Nigerian Senate that he was taught by his parents never to make people regret associating with him. In fact, the origin of the name, Omoluabi, which Mallam Bolaji carries till date can be traced to that screening. Mallam said his parents taught him that “life is not as straight as the barrels of a gun” and it is therefore important that he stays truth to the principles that define the character of a good human being. One of these principles, according to him, is to never betray those who place their trust in him. Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi understands and respects the fact that once someone gives you something or, ultimately, their trusts, a burden has been placed on you, which can only be lightened by the level of truthfulness to yourself and to your God.
This is an indication that Omoluabi was obsessed with Sen. Bukola Saraki and Having his loyalty tested and trusted in different difficult period of times, these outstanding qualities he possessed endeared him to the majority of Kwarans especially, The Youths, which unanimously tipped Him to take over from Dr. Abdulfatah Ahmed as governor of Kwara come 2019. One of the most important requirements that an individual must possessed before he could be selected and anointed by a god-father is an astute loyalty of no comparism then followed by other criteria such as Educational background and administrative competence.

WHAT IS A POLITICAL LOYALTY?
Scholars interpret loyalty in different ways depending on where they stand at a particular period.

Some described loyal supporters or aides as bootlickers, sycophants, etc. and some loyalists are also described as supporters and aides who may have withdrawn their support for solid or trivial reasons as traitors, unfaithful etc. But to Him, Mallam Bolaji ABDULLAHI, loyalty is a “personal virtue” while service to the people is a “public obligation”.
The Great Nkrumah of Ghana at a point encountered disloyalty as some of the comrades he relied on betrayed him and released sensitive internal information to his opponents. But Nkrumah had very dedicated or loyal comrades around him one of them if not the most loyal was Kofi Baako, father of Abdul Malik Kweku Baako. After Independence, he served in various capacities in Nkrumah's government and one significant point noteworthy is the decision to place him at sensitive ministries by Nkrumah. He became the youngest minister in the whole of the British Commonwealth of Nations. He stayed committed to Nkrumah's agenda and defended his party's principles and decisions with dexterity because of his vast understanding of the Nkruma philosophy.

However, obviously, Omoluabi's consistent loyalty could be compared to that of Nkruma's most loyal follower Kofi Bako, who was later rewarded by occupying the most important position in Kwame Nkruma government. This is why some students of political history in Saraki dynasty and outside envisaged Bolaji ABDULLAHI to become The next Kwara State Governor as the reward for his consistent overtures and undiluted loyalty to ABS.
In doing the forgoing, this fine technocrat has proved, beyond doubts, his genuineness of character and the worthiness of his uncommon title in the political circle “Omoluabi” by tendering his resignation anytime the personal stuff (loyalty to his boss) conflicts with public assignments or even benefits. He did this both as a Minister and yet again as the Spokesperson of the All Progressive Congress, APC.
As common as loyalty can be, the type of Omoluabi is not what you come across cheaply like market crowds. This is why majority of people especially The young people, having evaluated his outstanding characteristic ranging from his humility, briliancy, tenacious, administrative competence to His 21st century leadership style is going to make a fine governor. but unfortunately, another
Acclaimed loyal Member of Saraki dynasty Rt. Hon Razak Atunwa was unanimously anointed as The next Governor of Kwara.
The anointing of Barr Abdulrazak Atunwa has brought so much disagreement within the Saraki family not because The anointed candidate was not competent, but because, he was relatively the least popular amongst the contenders. He was said to have had a political dissipated career ever since he became The House of Rep Member, The aggrieved members allegedly said, he was not always available to respond to the needs and yearnings of the members of the structure that brought him to power and most of the Sarakite family were perplex on how to market The 49 years Asa born politician.

MY MESSAGE TO THE SARAKITES

THE 40th United States' President, Ronald Reagan, coined one of the most memorable quotes on loyalty in politics. It reads: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican.

Thou shall not speak ill of any fellow Sarakite

former Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tun Musa Hitam, also gave a glimpse in the kind of loyalty demanded, Moreover it was loyalty of a personal nature and not at all like the loyalty of deceit. I see loyalty as being specific to the party, to the position, to the nation, and ultimately, to our Leader Dr. Bikola Saraki. I believe in absolute loyalty, that it was the price of good governance.

Of course, it would be unwise to compel anyone to be loyal to a fault and without any form of constructive criticism.
I accept and even uphold the concept that unity is crucial in any political organisation. If a political party is not united then its push to unite the people at large will be severely compromised.

But once a decision has been made by the leader, it is the duty of the party member to implement it and defend it. There is no use being part of an organisation when one cannot defend it.

I always say that the perfect must not be the enemy of the good. What I mean is that compromise must not be seen as a dirty word and in search of that elusive perfect solution that is often very lopsided given that people like things their way, we find ourselves at odds with what is a good decision that works and is forged by compelling all the competing forces to coalesce around a compromise.

I personally have always shared my views privately with my party colleagues but when a decision is made it must be defended by all because the compromise ensures that we all get something we want but not everything that we want.

Now, in the past couple of days there has been a degree of turbulence for most of the Sarakite members

Supporting the leadership of the party and also defending the decisions taken by the party and by extension the government is a fundamental concept of good governance.

One cannot govern if there is no singular voice. The people do not like to see their leaders warring constantly and sniping one another.

Jeremy Corbyn the leader of the Labour Party in England is openly at war with his parliamentary party and the result is Labour is fast losing the support of the electorate.
Personally, I too have had reservations over decisions taken but I have always remain steadfast as I have been mentored to do so by many senior comrades of like-minds. One of those I admired so much for his mentorship is Com. Abdulateef Ishowo. The collective interest of government and the party supersedes personal preferences or interests.

So, as we seek to unite the people, politicians must first learn to unite themselves.

People's political career ends abruptly because of disloyalty and there are many practical examples across the world even here in Kwara. Monetary influence, inability to critically analyse situations and others inability to read into the future expose them to clever manipulations.

Politicians and activists of political parties in the developing and less developed countries fall into these traps because of poverty and crave for wealth. Few detach themselves from their leaders based on solid principles but many of them cross carpet because of hardship and crave for wealth.

The most dangerous political animal on earth is that politician who easily shift his loyalty and does that in times of crisis but the interesting thing is that history teaches us that such characters end up shattering their own political career and have destroyed many fine politicians across the globe.

That notwithstanding, all who have also decided to throw their support behind other candidates must do that with clear convictions, they must show genuine loyalty..

Interestingly, Mallam Bolaji ABDULLAH's VISION: Which is, to make Kwara State a shining example for good governance, where youths are truly empowered; where the most vulnerable among us are best protected; and where government works for all, has encapsulated all it requires to make Kwara a great state to be proud of.

Conclusively, as members of one unite family, I humbly implore us all to have absolute confidence in ABS and PDP leadership decision to present Atunwa1 as The PDP gubernatorial candidate come to 2019 and I want to assure us that victory is our by His grace.

By: Abdulmajeed Abdulfatai
Edited, Com. Abdulateef Ishowo
Re: Mallam Bolaji Abdullah: The Best Governor Kwarans Never Had by Kamelot77(m): 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
I want saraki dynasty to end BT if bolaji abdullahi is PDP candidate, I will av vote for him. during his time as d commissioner for education, kwara state education really improved. I hope he come back in 2023 cos most kwarans believe in him.

(1) (Reply)

We Made A Mistake Of Bringing Politicians Into ANN Party - Chairman BOT / October 15 No Go Easy For Governor Ayodele Fayose Of Ekiti State. / Atiku Is Pdp's Desperate Option Not Best Option By Soibi Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.