Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Do State Governments Have The Power To Seal Up Federal Government Institutions? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do State Governments Have The Power To Seal Up Federal Government Institutions? (362 Views)

Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival / Osinbajo Reveals How State Governments Can Tax Nigerians, Generate More Revenues / Which Government Institutions Is The Most Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do State Governments Have The Power To Seal Up Federal Government Institutions? by Niorte: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
I actually need some clarifications on this. I went to the National Horticultural Research Institute, (NIHORT) Ibadan, yesterday to get something done. To my surprise, the Oyo state government had locked up the research institute on account of tax issues.

While inquiring further, I was told the tax issue was dated back between 2003 and 2008. My question is, does the state government has power to lock up a federal government establishment?

1 Like

Re: Do State Governments Have The Power To Seal Up Federal Government Institutions? by Niyeal(m): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2018
Yes.
I will explain at front page
Re: Do State Governments Have The Power To Seal Up Federal Government Institutions? by agabusta: 5:00pm On Oct 05, 2018
Niyeal:
Yes.

I will explain at front page

undecided undecided
Re: Do State Governments Have The Power To Seal Up Federal Government Institutions? by orisa37: 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
No.
Re: Do State Governments Have The Power To Seal Up Federal Government Institutions? by Niorte: 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
Really

(1) (Reply)

Ann Presidential Candidate Fela Congratulates Former Ann Aspirant Mr. Hashim / Jubilations As Tony Nwulu Clinches UPP Governorship Ticket In Imo State. / Will The Yorubas Support Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.