Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN (2489 Views)

Ex-corpers May Receive Allawee In Arrears, See Official Breakdown / NYSC Slogans Corpers And Ex-corpers Can Relate With / Kaduna Corpers & Ex Corpers Protesting Non-Payment Of Allowances (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Eudes(m): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
Thank you for viewing this thread; your kind contribution is needed to help others make right decisions. Please if you have served or you are currently serving in Benue State don't hesitate to contribute to the thread.

As I am looking at my call-up letter I don't know whether to be happy or angry since I don't know how Benue State looks like, but I only wanted to serve in Rivers or Ogun. Currently, I don't have the money to work out redeployment but I don't mind borrowing if it worth it. I need your kind advice here, PLEASE.

What I am truly looking for is NETWORK and ELECTRICITY. If I have these two things I will never have any problem in my service year.

Please I need reliable answer to the following questions;
1. What is your experience so far with network and light in Benue?
2. What are the possible opportunities for a corper in Benue.
3. Is the state still having security issues?

Thanks in advance for obliging my humble request.

1 Like

Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Eudes(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2018
Let your advice start rolling
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by suarhez: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2018
please o
tears still DE roll from my eyes since I printed call up letter but positive advice fit wipe some tears
abeg make una contribute
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by physise(m): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
Baba welcome to benue aka the food basket of the nation..
1)if you're posted to makurdi or otukpo town you will definitely enjoy electricity and good network. If you're posted to a village like Opa-adoka then you won't enjoy electricity but network is good
2)Unless you're an agriculturist, there's little or no opportunities for corpers in benue state. Benue state is an agricultural state. Their major occupation is farming.
3)No

1 Like

Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by physise(m): 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2018
See benue state is not a bad state.. You go enjoy your service if dem post you go otukpo or markudi.. Some villages in benue lack water. You go suffer during dry season cos their stream dy dry during that time.. Me and other batch b 2017 stream one corpers hear am during that period
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Eudes(m): 6:54pm On Oct 19, 2018
suarhez:
please o
tears still DE roll from my eyes since I printed call up letter but positive advice fit wipe some tears
abeg make una contribute

Lol...Calm down. What you think is a curse may turn out to be the greatest blessing you have ever experienced in life. Chill, God knows the best.
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Eudes(m): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2018
physise:
Baba welcome to benue aka the food basket of the nation..
1)if you're posted to makurdi or otukpo town you will definitely enjoy electricity and good network. If you're posted to a village like Opa-adoka then you won't enjoy electricity but network is good
2)Unless you're an agriculturist, there's little or no opportunities for corpers in benue state. Benue state is an agricultural state. Their major occupation is farming.
3)No

Thanks boss for coming to our rescue. Please, can one possibly influence posting to those towns? If yes, how?
Also, what are the little opportunities there for agriculturists?

I appreciate your kindness. God bless

1 Like

Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Eudes(m): 7:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
physise:
See benue state is not a bad state.. You go enjoy your service if dem post you go otukpo or markudi.. Some villages in benue lack water. You go suffer during dry season cos their stream dy dry during that time.. Me and other batch b 2017 stream one corpers hear am during that period

Hehehe...please how did you survive the dry season? And, can I influence my posting to markurdi and co.?

Thanks for the kind effort. I remain eternally grateful.
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by suarhez: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2018
Eudes:

Lol...Calm down. What you think is a curse may turn out to be the greatest blessing you have ever experienced in life. Chill, God knows the best.
I really pray so
thanks man
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by physise(m): 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2018
Pcm don't allow anybody to discourage you. I still remember vividly that some people were saying all sort of bad things about benue but i can proudly tell you that apart from the water issue, Benue people esp the idomas are very nice, respectful, caring and accommodating towards corpers.. The state is not called the food basket of the nation for nothing..we hardly buy foodstuff cos they "donate" enough to us so tey we come even tire to dy chop.. This is the best time to experience benue state. The weather is a bit cool with occasional rainfall and enough water plus the abundance of food
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by physise(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Eudes:

Hehehe...please how did you survive the dry season? And, can I influence my posting to markurdi and co.?

Thanks for the kind effort. I remain eternally grateful.
Store enough water in drums
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by physise(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2018
Eudes:

Thanks boss for coming to our rescue. Please, can one possibly influence posting to those towns? If yes, how?
Also, what are the little opportunities there for agriculturists?

I appreciate your kindness. God bless
you need cash to influence your posting
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Amazonboss(f): 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2018
I served in benue,it's cool! Very hospitable and pea loving indigenes. They love life itself so much that you can be carried away if care is not taken.

You will be inspired and motivated. Do well to locate your church family house for corpers for onward guidiance. You will enjoy food•

For corpers who want to redeploy, I can assits with that.

Paid assistance not free
Just mention

I will follow up.

Goodluck
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by chucksp: 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2018
Is it possible coming into the camp for thumb printing and leaving the next day after that?
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 20, 2018
Amazonboss:
I served in benue,it's cool! Very hospitable and pea loving indigenes. They love life itself so much that you can be carried away if care is not taken.

You will be inspired and motivated. Do well to locate your church family house for corpers for onward guidiance. You will enjoy food•

For corpers who want to redeploy, I can assits with that.

Paid assistance not free
Just mention

I will follow up.

Goodluck
Hello, we need to talk please

1 Like

Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Eudes(m): 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2018
physise:
Pcm don't allow anybody to discourage you. I still remember vividly that some people were saying all sort of bad things about benue but i can proudly tell you that apart from the water issue, Benue people esp the idomas are very nice, respectful, caring and accommodating towards corpers.. The state is not called the food basket of the nation for nothing..we hardly buy foodstuff cos they "donate" enough to us so tey we come even tire to dy chop.. This is the best time to experience benue state. The weather is a bit cool with occasional rainfall and enough water plus the abundance of food

This is more than enough. God bless you big!

1 Like

Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Amazonboss(f): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
Brinebryne:

Hello, we need to talk please

Send me your digits so I add you on whatsaap.
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Vivly(f): 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
Benue is fun to be. I served in Benue, 17B. If you can, get posted to Makurdi. Don't listen to people in camp telling you cost of living in Makurdi is higher than that of villages. It's not. A packet of Indomie sells for the same price everywhere. There are cheap accommodations to suit your budget and some places pay corp members well. See Nepa Office, Benue Hotels, etc.
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by QuinieR(f): 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
Vivly:
Benue is fun to be. I served in Benue, 17B. If you can, get posted to Makurdi. Don't listen to people in camp telling you cost of living in Makurdi is higher than that of villages. It's not. A packet of Indomie sells for the same price everywhere. There are cheap accommodations to suit your budget and some places pay corp members well. See Nepa Office, Benue Hotels, etc.
You mean someone can serve in an hotel
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Amazonboss(f): 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2018
My house rent was just 30k with water,though little light issues which we sorted out after heavy pressure! Cheap food during it' season.

If you're from benue here's me saying thank you! You guys gave me great hospitality.

My students called and called until I added them to my facebook list.

I pray God to bless katsina ala locals for me.

There were days I will have to avoid some roads in the market otherwise tomatoes go follow me go house brekete abi na yams. Lol chai! Pig meat?? Nah I ran away jare.

I will never forget that state in a hurry.

My heart still bleeds at what's been happening in some parts. Please do not vote back this government please tivs idomas,igedes come out enmass and show them out! Your hearts. Are very beautiful only peace can thrive

2 Likes

Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Angel196(f): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2018
Vivly:
please can you recommend ppa's in makurdi who gives corpers accommodation and pays.
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Vivly(f): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
Angel196:
please can you recommend ppa's in makurdi who gives corpers accommodation and pays.
I served in the Nigerian Air Force Base. I was given accommodation and paid too. Also check Nasme barracks and Police Headquarters. There's accommodation and allowance.
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Eudes(m): 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2018
Vivly:
I served in the Nigerian Air Force Base. I was given accommodation and paid too. Also check Nasme barracks and Police Headquarters. There's accommodation and allowance.

Please did you do anything special before you got posted to Makurdi
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Angel196(f): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
Vivly:
Do you know if they are still paying now?
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2018
Amazonboss:

Send me your digits so I add you on whatsaap.
Ok. check your mail please

1 Like

Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by smokers: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2018
I served in benue just finished this year june i really enjoyed Vandeikya cus self con was 30k and there is a bank in the LGA which is not common. i must confess TIV people are cool and they are not called food basket of the nation for nothing.
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by suarhez: 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2018
Enjoying wannune camp so far
Just hope the state will favour us when we go out there in about a week time
Re: ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN by pillarmaria(m): 11:04am On Nov 19, 2020
Why this thread come die down without my signature? grin

(1) (Reply)

Get In Here To Order For Your NYSC Kit / Can Green Card Be Reprinted After Registration / Help!!! I Am Unable To Print My Call-up Letter After The Required Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.