Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket (5433 Views)

Abia PDP Gave Themselves 108,000 Votes In Obingwa Against 9k – Alex Otti (Video) / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2018
Omoboricash:

If the author of this write up was opportune to have information on how Jonathan made dollars flow bcoz of pdp wanted to take over Lagos, he wouldn't be saying this. State house ikoyi was busy all through the 2015 gubernatorial election. Gani Adams the opc leaders was given pipeline surveillance contract just for pdp to win Lagos, Afenifere was given huge amount? T of dollars to support JK. The opc members were destroying apc posters just to scare people away on election day.
JK may not have up to the figures he gathered in 2015 general election

Seems like you misunderstood my point... We're on the same page... I said PDP cannot get up to that same figure they Got in 2015, because there is no Federal Power behind Agbaje

1 Like

Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2018
Minjim:

If you're expecting Buhari to rig elections for Tinubu like Pdp does, you're in for a shocker

After Buhari had appealed to him to allow Ambode run and he vehemently disagreed you now expect Fg to disrepute Inec to please Tinubu and his insatiable pack of wolves?

May the best and more popular candidate win

When Tinubu was the on AD governor, when he brought Fashola and Ambode who was helping him to rig back then... I promise you Agbaje will not get up to 500,000 Votes Next year
Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by millhouse: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2018
Beating APC in any election ain't that hard. Problem is how to beat INEC too!
Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by Minjim: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2018
seanfer:

When Tinubu was the on AD governor, when he brought Fashola and Ambode who was helping him to rig back then... I promise you Agbaje will not get up to 500,000 Votes Next year

What u ppl failed to observe is that the ppl are becoming more informed and elections are becoming more credible with winners emerging with lesser margins

The battle is between two ppl

Agbaje is a man of his own worth, value and popularity.

Who is Sanwo-olu?

1 Like

Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by seanfer(m): 10:21am On Oct 06, 2018
Minjim:

What u ppl failed to observe is that the ppl are becoming more informed and elections are becoming more credible with winners emerging with lesser margins

Who is Sanwo-olu?

You want to force your opinion on me but don't want to reason with mine... Who was Ambode, Fashola when they defeated Agbaje in 2007 and 2015.... Even if PDP present Ambode as their flag bearer he will still lose the Election... The 2015 margin was close because of Federal Power and Money PDP spent.... And now there is no police or army to intimidate anybody.....
Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by ORIENTATION101: 10:53am On Oct 06, 2018
Minjim:

Who is Sanwo-olu?
you re far from reality gringrin
election in africa is far from what you think it is.
election in africa is only credible when the parties perfect their rigging without form of violence.

popularity ,educational background, financial worth is not enough to win election in nigeria.
if not gani fawehinmi, charles soludo, pat utomi,tunde bakare ,should have won elective post despite contesting for public offices.

to win election in africa you must have a formidable political structure in grassroot politics .

agbaje is popular but doesnt have the political structure to win lagos gubernatorial election cos 70% lagos political terrain is under tinubu led apc caucus.
for opposition party to defeat apc they must infiltrate , divide ,and woo stakeholders from apc political structure in lagos state before they stand the chance.

do lagos pdp have the resources and manpower to to the afromentioned ,it would have been possible in 2015 when the party has the federal machineries in the possesion
Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by Minjim: 11:00am On Oct 06, 2018
seanfer:

You want to force your opinion on me but don't want to reason with mine... Who was Ambode, Fashola when they defeated Agbaje in 2007 and 2015.... Even if PDP present Ambode as their flag bearer he will still lose the Election... The 2015 margin was close because of Federal Power and Money PDP spent.... And now there is no police or army to intimidate anybody.....
lemme address points

First, I'm an Apc card carrying member. I'm being honest with the present realities
You spoke of Federal Might. The same fed might Pdp had but didnt win Lag. What makes u think it wont work against Apc too?
Buhari will never disrepute the little reputation Inec has made to rig election for Tinubu after he had advised him to field his best aspirant. Have you seen Buhari giving fund to Apc states to fund elections like Gej did
So remove Fed might. Lagos is too exposed for that.

If its money, I can assure u Pdp states will pull resources together once they see there's a possiblity of winning Lag.

The things that count in this election is the manner Apc took Lagosians for granted for too many times to field a puppet to massage their insatiable greed at accumulating the wealth of Lag. Lagosians are now united by one obvious purpose . And that is taking power from Tinubu and giving it to whom they themselves choose .
Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by Minjim: 11:13am On Oct 06, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
you re far from reality gringrin
election in africa is far from what you think it is.
election in africa is only credible when the parties perfect their rigging without form of violence.

popularity ,educational background, financial worth is not enough to win election in nigeria.
if not gani fawehinmi, charles soludo, pat utomi,tunde bakare ,should have won elective post despite contesting for public offices.

to win election in africa you must have a formidable political structure in grassroot politics .

agbaje is popular but doesnt have the political structure to win lagos gubernatorial election cos 70% lagos political terrain is under tinubu led apc caucus.
for opposition party to defeat apc they must infiltrate , divide ,and woo stakeholders from apc political structure in lagos state before they stand the chance.

do lagos pdp have the resources and manpower to to the afromentioned ,it would have been possible in 2015 when the party has the federal machineries in the possesion

In politics , you have to be consistence . None of those you mentioned are . Except Gani (bicos he's late) and Utomi who just contested .
Pdp is very popular in Eko politics . Visit Isale Eko and Mushin. you'll know what I'm saying.
Change is constant and if you look at results of election in Anambra , Ekiti and Osun you'll see that winning margines are getting slimmer. Especially in the West. Electorates are now looking at candidates rather than parties.

And since Apc refused to field its best candidate , other parties will expliot that .

Jimi is well liked by Lagosians . Everyone knows this . His timings had just not been right.
I believe. that in this election, what will unite Lagosians is Tinubu's overbearing influence that has gotten on ppl's nerve and they may express their grievance with their votes
Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by ORIENTATION101: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2018
Minjim:

In politics , you have to be consistence . None of those you mentioned are . Except Gani (bicos he's late) and Utomi who just contested .
Pdp is very popular in Eko politics . Visit Isale Eko and Mushin. you'll know what I'm saying.
Change is constant and if you look at results of election in Anambra , Ekiti and Osun you'll see that winning margines are getting slimmer. Especially in the West. Electorates are now looking at candidates rather than parties.

And since Apc refused to field its best candidate , other parties will expliot that .

Jimi is well liked by Lagosians . Everyone knows this . His timings had just not been right.
I believe. that in this election, what will unite Lagosians is Tinubu's overbearing influence that has gotten on ppl's nerve and they may express their grievance with their votes
sanwolu is from lagos island so pdp dont stand a chance in island.

ekiti and osun is a state that has been ruled by different political parties namely AD, ACN, and PDP.
this state election always tricky cos none of the 3 political parties have formidable political structure on ground so every election is always firecely contested best rigger always wins with or without federal might.

lagos state has a different political climate. Tinubu AD Metamorphosed into ACN in 2003 till date same political structure has expanded and produce more than two governors. unlike osun and ekiti.

consistency doesnt win election instead well designed and formidable political structure wins election which have been proving since 1999 till date.

bukola saraki became gov through his father political structure he defeat a popular candidate and ex gov,consistency zero.

goodluck jonathan became a president with already pdp structure. consistency zero.

akpabio became gov with already pdp structure with zero consistency.

so consistency is flawed without necessary political structure.
Re: See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket by luvmijeje(f): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
Three factors that will aid the ascension of Jimi Agbaje.

1. The unpopularity of Buhari : Do you all remember Sai Baba in 2015. Sai Baba don clear from ground.

2. The disgrace of Ambode : Those who don't understand the level of power Tinubu is wielding all got a rude awakening.

3. The lack of dirty politics : I hope Jimi Agbaje will keep this up. He should never and I mean never throw a shade at Tinubu for the following reasons :

a. He should never make it a fight between him and Tinubu. He will lose on all fronts. He should leave those dirty fighting to his party and we the citizens of Lagos.

b. There are many of who admired Tinubu but are tired of him and the only way for Agbaje to win those people over is to focus only on his programmes.

c. Tinubu is a god of Lagos politics and the only way to bring him down is to make him feel untouchable. Right now they are feeling untouchable, the way they did in Osun election. A state where the non-indigenes is low in comparison to Lagos. Meaning Yoruba and not Igbos turned against APC despite their federal might.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of Ministerial List Sent To Senate For Confirmation / CLOSED / Tinubu And His PA Caught Sleeping After Kano Rejection Yesterday - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.