Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,042 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida (668 Views)

President Babangida’s Visit To Britain In 1989 (Photos, Video and Memories) / Buhari Crackdown- EFCC Arrests Atiku Campaign Deputy DG, Tanimu Turaki / Kabiru Tanimu Turaki Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over 2018 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida by ElectroLyte: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
Former Nigeria Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has disclosed that he his endorsing a former Minister for Special Duties during the Administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, as the right aspirant for president come 2019 because of his agenda in ensuring Nigeria’s unity.

While throwing his weight behind the Peoples Democratic Party aspirant, Babangida said: “Your agenda is capable of redeeming Nigeria.”
Babangida gave this assertion on Tuesday when he played host to the PDP presidential aspirant at his uphill residence in Minna, Niger State that Nigeria’s Unity must not be compromised.

According to him: “I am endorsing you because your road map can lead Nigeria to prosperity. “We are taught in the Military that the unity of Nigeria must not be compromised. “The programmes in your agenda are capable of transforming Nigeria. “From your agenda, I believe you mean well for this country.
“I think if you are given the chance, Nigeria will witness tremendous development.” Babangida further disclosed that the unity of Nigeria is to be held above all other issues, adding: “Nigeria has never been so divided.” Babangida, however, warned: “Even though I have adopted you and you emerge as the president, I will follow you up so that if you derail, I will remind you of your promises.”

In his earlier remarks, Turaki, who was on a sensitisation visit to PDP stakeholders in Niger State, assured that he will tackle insecurity, the decline in national security, worsening economy as well as increasing unemployment among the youths when he emerges as president.
Accordingly, he said: “If voted into power, I will implement policies and programmes that will bring smiles to the faces of Nigerians.
“I have all that is needed to improve the country.”

Addressing stakeholders at the State PDP Secretariat, Turaki lamented that insecurity was increasing in the country, submitting also that not less than 22 out of the 36 states in the country were under one form of insecurity or the other.
He blamed the escalating insecurity on unnecessary rivalry among the security chiefs, adding that if he were to be the president he would have sacked all the security chiefs.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/2019-why-i-endorsed-kabiru-tanimu-turakis-for-president-babangida/
Re: 2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida by Sonoyom(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
Re: 2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida by slivertongue: 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2018
Turaki is neither a top contender nor a dark horse so endorsing him is an exercise in futility
Re: 2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida by gentleguy1975: 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
So u are not supporting Saraki again?
Re: 2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida by Kingzd: 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
He is absolutely confused, old age wahala.
Re: 2019: Why I Endorsed Kabiru Tanimu Turaki’s For President – Babangida by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
I thought he endorsed Saraki last month because his dad supported him years ago?

Baba's old age has made him forget his earlier promise.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Leaves Ekiti As Residents Weep, Hail Him On End! / Governor Ifeanyi Okowa Welcomes Former President Olusegun Obasanjo To Asaba / 2019: Sokoto All Out For Atiku Obi,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.