Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate (2765 Views)

R-sim 15 Unlocking Card For Iphone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max / xr / xs / xs Max / / How To Restart Iphone X, Xr, Xs, Xs Max. / Iphone XS & XS Max Spec, Features & Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:27am On Oct 06, 2018
I'm beginning to wonder the connection Apple has with Gates (a rather awkward name I feel iOS users use to describe problems with the piece of metal referred to as an iPhone).

If you're an ardent follower of tech news you would remember the Bend Gate issue on the iPhone 6 plus which made iPhones get bent while in the users pockets and right now again one of most expensive phones in the market (as far as the Nigerian market is concerned) has developed not just one but two serious problems : Charge and Beauty Gate

Despite the fact that thousands of users have complained in the Apple forum about this 2 problems, the Curpertino based company is yet to release and official statement . I have a strong feeling they may need to recall all units affected with this problem since it's taken this long and they haven't even responded or released an update to fix the bug. That's simply pathetic.

The Charge-Gate Issue

Whenever you leave the phone idle for a while and then plug it to the charger, it does not charge until you tap the screen. This means if you were busy and just routinely plugged the phone and left it thinking it is charging and came back after a while, you will be disappointed that the phone has not been charged at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lRJuQtBmc

The user who has posted this issue in the forum says he has tried this with the 5W charger that is supplied with the phone and the 10W charger Apple sells officially and done it several times before making the issue public and says more than 100 people have raised the same charging-gate issue.

Beauty Gate Issue

The second problem is a bit more technical and has to do with the camera. Pictures shot on the front selfie camera on the iPhone XS Max shows images that have skin smoothening effects and you can see a clear difference between pictures taken in low light conditions and the ones in daylight. The difference can also be seen when the same images are captured with an iPhone X, which was last year’s release.

So Apple rolled out a device with bugs and doesn't want to respond officially to it's customers. So much for a trillion dollar company. Apple is becoming plain greedy, just focusing on the money and profit without providing adequate support for its customers.
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:28am On Oct 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by PythonDancer: 3:50am On Oct 06, 2018
[s]
NaijaTechGuy:
I'm beginning to wonder the connection Apple has with Gates (a rather awkward name I feel iOS users use to describe problems with the piece of metal referred to as an iPhone).

If you're an ardent follower of tech news you would remember the Bend Gate issue on the iPhone 6 plus which made iPhones get bent while in the users pockets and right now again one of most expensive phones in the market (as far as the Nigerian market is concerned) has developed not just one but two serious problems : Charge and Beauty Gate

Despite the fact that thousands of users have complained in the Apple forum about this 2 problems, the Curpertino based company is yet to release and official statement . I have a strong feeling they may need to recall all units affected with this problem since it's taken this long and they haven't even responded or released an update to fix the bug. That's simply pathetic.

The Charge-Gate Issue

Whenever you leave the phone idle for a while and then plug it to the charger, it does not charge until you tap the screen. This means if you were busy and just routinely plugged the phone and left it thinking it is charging and came back after a while, you will be disappointed that the phone has not been charged at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lRJuQtBmc

The user who has posted this issue in the forum says he has tried this with the 5W charger that is supplied with the phone and the 10W charger Apple sells officially and done it several times before making the issue public and says more than 100 people have raised the same charging-gate issue.

Beauty Gate Issue

The second problem is a bit more technical and has to do with the camera. Pictures shot on the front selfie camera on the iPhone XS Max shows images that have skin smoothening effects and you can see a clear difference between pictures taken in low light conditions and the ones in daylight. The difference can also be seen when the same images are captured with an iPhone X, which was last year’s release.

So Apple rolled out a device with bugs and doesn't want to respond officially to it's customers. So much for a trillion dollar company. Apple is becoming plain greedy, just focusing on the money and profit without providing adequate support for its customers.
[/s]
Lies lies lies

1 Like

Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Realname: 4:27am On Oct 06, 2018
Chinese phone markerters and their propaganda

Tecno and Infinix sponsored article

grin
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:30am On Oct 06, 2018
PythonDancer:
[s][/s]
Lies lies lies

I think you should stick to Python Dancing and leave tech

5 Likes

Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by oxygenlove(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2018
Realname:
Chinese phone markerters and their propaganda

Tecno and Infinix sponsored article

grin
. what if he uses an iPhone??
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Kaybaba5(m): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2018
A beg make you people leave iPhone alone....naw

Yeye bloggers
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Realname: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2018
oxygenlove:
. what if he uses an iPhone??

He doesn't
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by TissuePaper: 10:12am On Oct 06, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

I think you should stick to Python Dancing and leave tech
grin grin
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by TissuePaper: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2018
It's actually true.. Unbox therapy gave exemplary evidence that those phones are faulty undecided
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2018
TissuePaper:
It's actually true.. Unbox therapy gave exemplary evidence that those phones are faulty undecided
oh! u use to watch his review also, bt i personally prefer MKHB,or even reviews done by austin(cnt remember his other names)
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by henry007(m): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2018
aro1:
oh! u use to watch his review also, bt i personally prefer MKHB,or even reviews done by austin(cnt remember his other names)

Austin Evans
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by TissuePaper: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2018
aro1:
unbox therapy is my number one unboxing channel on YouTube... Then also everything apple pro, I don't know about MKHB.

I just finished watching his latest review sef cool

Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2018
henry007:

Austin Evans
thank u bro,yes austin evans nd his friend Johnathan
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2018
TissuePaper:
unbox therapy is my number one unboxing channel on YouTube... Then also everything apple pro, I don't know about MKHB.

MKHB is popular (black American),u cn search youtube,i also like Android authority reviews,there ar loads of them dat i lyk
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by henry007(m): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2018
aro1:
thank u bro,yes austin evans nd his friend Johnathan

I think they're all friends
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2018
henry007:

I think they're all friends
but austin nd Johnathan ar rily close,they do shoot reviews together often,ds y i lv dose American video bloggers,dey dnt allow animosity btw them
unlike here in Nigeria,where people hates one another wen progressin
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
Disappointing... after spending over a grand
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by OneGeek(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
An iOS fix is definitely on its way...
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by OneGeek(m): 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
Disappointing... after spending over a grand
You wanna know what's also disappointing after spending over a grand? the fact that you only get the phone, a lightning cable, and a charging brick...

1 Like

Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
OneGeek:

You wanna know what's also disappointing after spending over a grand? the fact that you only get the phone, a lightning cable, and a charging brick...

Very disappointing
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by fowlyansh181(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
OneGeek:
An iOS fix is definitely on its way...
already out , running the 12.1beta
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by henry007(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
aro1:
but austin nd Johnathan ar rily close,they do shoot reviews together often,ds y i lv dose American video bloggers,dey dnt allow animosity btw them
unlike here in Nigeria,where people hates one another wen progressin

There's no animosity between Nigerian tech YouTubers and Nigerian YouTubers in general. None that i know of.
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by OneGeek(m): 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
fowlyansh181:
already out , running the 12.1beta
Yeah. When a stable update comes along, the fix would be better felt.
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
henry007:

There's no animosity between Nigerian tech YouTubers and Nigerian YouTubers in general. None that i know of.

I wonder what gives people such assumptions. It's just a healthy competition.
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2018
henry007:

am nt talking in tech review context,am generalising
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by fowlyansh181(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
TissuePaper:

unbox therapy sometimes act like he is constipated..
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Freelancerx: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Rich people's problem

1 Like

Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by TissuePaper: 1:02am On Oct 07, 2018
fowlyansh181:
unbox therapy sometimes act like he is constipated..
hahaha, I don't know why most apple fans don't like that guy, for me he's the best gadget review artist on YouTube tho, do you also follow him up?
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:53am On Oct 07, 2018
TissuePaper:
hahaha, I don't know why most apple fans don't like that guy, for me he's the best gadget review artist on YouTube tho, do you also follow him up?

They don't like his reviews because he doesn't sugar coat or overhype Apple products
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by TissuePaper: 10:06am On Oct 07, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

They don't like his reviews because he doesn't sugar coat or overhype Apple products
exactly..he says everything as it is
Re: The New Iphone XS & XS Max Have A Serious Problem - Charge Gate And Beauty Gate by Bossman(m): 10:20am On Oct 07, 2018
It's actually MKBHD. Marquees Brownlee. He is considered by many to be one of the best tech reviewers out there.

aro1:
MKHB is popular (black American),u cn search youtube,i also like Android authority reviews,there ar loads of them dat i lyk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Special Data Plan:1gb For N300 / Mobile Tv Software / Installing: Operamini4.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.