Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,310 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child (24231 Views)

3 Nurses Arrested In Delta Over Removal Of Dead Child’s Body Parts / Delta: Dead Child Tied On A Girl's Back For "Feeding Him With Poisonous Leaf" / 2 Mortuary Attendants, 5 Others Arrested Over Missing Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by Letenwam: 6:04am On Oct 06, 2018
The University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) mortuary attendants, have been accused of removing the eyes of a dead child, an 18-month-old twin named Chuma who died of anaemia in the hospital’s children’s ward on August 3, 2018.

The father of the dead child who had gone back to pay the mortuary bill two weeks later, discovered to his horror that the corpse they brought out for him had been mutilated and the UPTH mortuary attendants could not account for how, when or why the body parts got missing.

The father of the dead child who spoke to Satturday Sun's correspondent said; 

“Even while the baby was still breathing, one of the nurses had approached me and asked me to pay N30,000 to have the baby buried somewhere. That got me annoyed. From that moment, they became nonchalant, claiming they were waiting for the blood test until the child died.”

It was gathered that the couple travelled to Ughelli, where their families had encouraged them to bring the body home for burial.

“I went to the mortuary on September 17 to pay the bill and retrieve the corpse,” continued the distraught dad. “I had N20, 000 with me. But after taking the money, the attendant informed me my total bill was N56, 000. I requested to see the corpse of my baby. But to my surprise, when he brought out the baby’s corpse, the two eyes had been removed.”

According to the father of the dead child, he was prevented from taking pictures of the corpse.

https://lailasnews.com/upth-mortuary-attendants-remove-eyes-of-dead-child/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by okomile(f): 6:07am On Oct 06, 2018
Haaaaaa
Lord have mercy.

Wickedness everywhere. They can't even leave the dead to rest in peace again.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by Caseless: 6:09am On Oct 06, 2018
He deserves to be fired.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by hisgrace090: 6:16am On Oct 06, 2018
Who're the evil priest demanding human parts from their clients all over Nigeria?

Its high time they starte looking or demanding for other things instead of human parts.

6 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by JudasNaCarrot: 7:18am On Oct 06, 2018
APC politicians have resorted to using humans eyes for election rituals.
They will probably use the eyes to see results in other polling units and alter it to their favour with missing limbs.

90% of politicians are ritualist.....if na lie ask that troublesome Afonja female journalist that was sent to Port Harcourt prison.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by miqos02(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
Hmmmm, without the approval of the parents
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by Akinwerndey: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
Disgusting ! Why are people like this? Wickedness in humanity is appalling...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by ChiefAzubuikeh(f): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
Yoruba people and their love for spare parts is just alarming. No wonder they take the lead when it comes to mechanic work in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by Aderewah: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
Stupid keeps happening more frequently. Before you shout Nigeria is hell, this can happen in america too
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by Omoiyawole(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
Make dem commot him own eye self oo

1 Like

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by pweshdodo(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
Igboamaka sad sad shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by excomarow(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
okomile:
Haaaaaa
Lord have mercy.

Wickedness everywhere. They can't even leave the dead to rest in peace again.

Ask Wike and his Boys...

I guess they must have use it for money rituals, which they are spending right now on their delegates and supporters
grin

1 Like

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by deleo16(m): 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
shocked it
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by xbernardx(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
They want to look into the future to see 2019 election results
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Nigeria is a country of surprises.

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by BabaJideAFONJA(f): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Osu jews at it again.

Osu amaka!

7 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by uvemi(f): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
So sad

1 Like

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Some people are just wicked... May God. Help us.. cry cry

1 Like

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by Oblang(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Why keeping a little child's corpse in mortuary for that long in the first place..
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2018
You must be stupid for the statement you just wrote. undecided
JudasNaCarrot:
APC politicians have resorted to using humans eyes for election rituals.
They will probably use the eyes to see results in other polling units and alter it to their favour with missing limbs.

90% of politicians are ritualist.....if na lie ask that troublesome Afonja female journalist that was sent to Port Harcourt prison.

2 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by itiswellandwell: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
Not surprised. It's a shithole country like trump said. Spending 20k not to talk of 56k for something so sad and agonizing like the death of a child or youth. A responsible govt will take up the responsibility of building a good mortuary that charges less so as to lessen the hardship for a family that does not have much in taking care of their corpse.
The wicked citizen too think the best source of making quick money is to turn a dead body to ladipo market where he or she can remove part of parked car and sell. No respect for the dead. Rip to the young lad.

Very cheap s6 edge. Check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by cekaz: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
LET’S CREATE SUPERB VISUAL DESIGNS THAT SPEAK BOLDLY TO YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
wink wink

Your identity says a lot about you as an organization or brand. Strong brand recognition starts with engaging messaging and unique graphic representations that communicate your story to clients or audience. Whether you are developing a new brand or refreshing your existing identity, our branding professionals can deliver the brand image that is right for your organization or project
wink wink
Whether the design is for print, online marketing or simply a corporate or business logo, we will create stunning, yet professional, simple and highly appealing creative concept that truly defines your brand or purpose at the MOST AFFORDABLE RATES YOU CAN EVER FIND IN THE MARKET!

GET STARTED NOW!
wink wink

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by nemazelahe: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
KAI GOD FORBID

smiley smiley grin sad
This is the Genuine platform to join – The Authentic Platform of Love for Africans wherever!

This Matchmaking platform is all about LOVE, FINDING & MATCH MAKING SOUL-MATES and CONSUMMATING MARRIAGES – Real People with Serious Intentions, Real Working Singles and Verified Members to Guard against Fraud. Highly Confidential & Secured Platform where you have full control on your information!

Our mission is simple: Creating Relationships. Connecting Soulmates

Everyone, anyone and 'all-one' that desire true, genuine, lasting love wherever you are across Nigeria, across Africa and as an Africans across the globe, is welcome here!

Ooooops, did we mention that we just launched something? A brand new simple-to-use website community experience you will love– our mobile app is launching soon as well

Get started NOW! Get Connected NOW!! Get Into The 'ATMOSPHERE OF PLATFORM OF LOVE'!

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE TO SIGNUP, REGISTER AND BE A MEMBER....ABSOLUTELY FREE!

NOTE: A couple that met and fell in love on our platform recently got married – you can check the ‘success story’ category on our website to confirm – But note that we will NEVER post pictures or details of our members publicly for any promotional campaign because we value their privacy and the confidentiality we promise them – that is our guarantee!

1 Like

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by dingbang(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2018
I said it, a high number of staff in that hospital are highly incompetent. If I were the president, I will totally shut down that teaching hospital because nothing good comes out from there.

Please read my signature, thanks
Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by sholey4love: 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:
Yoruba people and their love for spare parts is just alarming. No wonder they take the lead when it comes to mechanic work in Nigeria.

Take note. Yoruba people don't sell spare parts. They buy it from Igbo people.

4 Likes

Re: UPTH Mortuary Attendants Remove Eyes Of Dead Child by wink2015(m): 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2018
That mortuary attendant should be dismissed if the claim by the dad of the child was confirmed to be true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ / How A New Wife Was Almost Brutally Killed By A Movie Director In Benue. Photos / My Experience With An Atm Swindler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.