Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,067 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials (540 Views)

Jonathan Wins African Leadership Magazine Man Of The Year Award / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials by BigB11(m): 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2010
Nigerians in general are not leaders.

This is extremely difficult for me to admit, but it is the honest truth; our leadership skills as Nigerians are very weak; this is starting from the top to the bottom.

I have spent time with Nigerians in Nigeria and also outside Nigeria and I have come to
realize that the Nigeria of yesterday is completely different from the one we are all experiencing today.

Our state of mind is enormously defective. There is absolutely no sense of responsibility or priority in anything we do. It is all about SELF and what we can benefit from anything that exists around us.

The kids are crying and are very confused. No clear path to follow and nobody to look up to.
Nobody cares about Nigeria, but yet they are quick to tell you how much they love Nigeria. Everybody is sleeping and facing the same direction.

Leadership classes should be mandatory from KG1 to the final year in university.
Nobody has the sincere courage to step up and stop all this craziness. Our future has a severe k leg and no one seems to care.
Nigeria will remain a failed land till the leadership requirement is revisited.
Re: Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials by Acidosis(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2010
Proudly 9ja!
Re: Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials by Beaf: 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2010
Rich, coming from an IBB lover.
Re: Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials by cre8tivity(f): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2010
i disagree. i think the root of our problem is unnecessary poverty. when there is poverty, 90% of the time nothing else matters. poverty brings greed, corruption and diluted culture.
Re: Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials by ono(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

Rich, coming from an IBB lover.

How did you know this! Wow! How long have you been on NL to know BigB1 is a die hard IBB fan. The guy rarely come around these days- just like me. But I have known him a long while. You must have been reading his posts then.
Re: Nigerians Are Mostly Not Leadership Materials by BigB11(m): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2010
All obstacles to progress or develop Nigeria are human.

Lack of real leaders amongst Nigerins in general is still our number 1 problem in Nigeria today. And If this challenge is not tackle from the root right away, I'm afraid that the future of our nation is a nightmare.
The recovering process may take up to 150 years.

No sense of leadership, or responsibility or priority, not just among the leaders, but also among most Nigerians (in Nigeria or outside Nigeria).

(1) (Reply)

What Is Babangida Afraid Of? / 2011: I Will Spread Prosperity In Delta, Says Gbagi / Nigeria @ 50?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.