Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? (9085 Views)

Fully Funded Scholarship To Any Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria / Oliver De Coque (1947-2008): The Exit Of A Musical Toxic Waste / Bayelsa Musical Artistes Award, bmaa 2017 - See The List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Ptylin: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
for those residents in the south-south or port Harcourt, Smart Don Entertainment is definitely the place to be. though my brother learnt Disc Jockey and Broadcasting there. However, I heard they've relocated to New Airport Road in Port Harcourt
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by kolaranking1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
I'm currently studying music in Oau.....you can also apply
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Rajosh(m): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
Panam Music School, Jos.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by PotatoSalad(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2018
Learnt to play the paino on YouTube. You can too

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2018
landmark86:
Olamide, Davido Wizkid, Tekno etc no go musical school but dey blow base on determination and commitment.
But if you insist on going for one, i'll recommend Dino Malaye Musical school am sure you will thank me latergrin

Well, Davido studied music. So the jury is out.
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by folake4u(f): 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
Rotjijatau:
Panam Music School, Jos

Sorry is it owned by Panam Percy Paul?
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
Femiflo1:
There's no where else you can get the best of MUSIC knowledge than TENSTRINGS MUSIC INSTITUTE. It's available in FESTAC, SURULERE, IKEJA, AJAH, LEKKI PHASE 1 outside Lagos. Akure, Portharcourt, Abuja and so on with great INSTRUCTORS both THEORETICALLY and PRACTICALLY......
where in abj plz.....

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by power50: 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Check out music school category on http://naijaschools.com.ng
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Geeone20: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
Let me offer you my candid advice.
Apply to mountain Top conservatory of music, do their basic program (music theory and practical, then participate in the annual london school of music exam, ABRSM GRADE 1-5).
Then you can proceed to MUSON( the musical society of Nigeria) for a 2 year diploma in Music, you do not have to pay because it is sponsored by MTN. All you just need to do is to pass the audition which is the experience you’ll gain from MountainTop music school.
Mountaintop music school also offers scholarship to the MountainTop University, either one you want to choose from is fine.
Note: you need to be well grounded in the basics before you can pass any audition.
Also note that your diploma certificate from MUSON, is recognized by the University of Lagos, hence, you can apply for Direct Entry in Unilag.
I know all this because I studied computer science and also ventured into classical music.I also help people with materials who want to learn the basics of music, and teach on weekends.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by EpicMaurice(m): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
music school? in Nigeria? how? don't you see the rubbish all our musicians are singing? imaging the ñosnsense the likes of lil kesh, olamide and wizkid are singing, the only lyricist in naija is burna boy

chop knuckle bro

aswr burna boy is underated in Nigeria.

Most Nigerians prefer all these area boys that just enter studio, get one danceable beat and be repeating one phrase/word till the song finish.
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by daprofo: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2018
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by engrjacuzzi: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2018
either you go to MUSON school or you visit The Salvation Army Igbobi Corps
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Jagabanj(f): 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2018
JayCynic:
Hi Nairalanders,
I'm 18 and I'm passionate about music, would have studied Music in the University but due to parental and societal influence at high school, I was moved to becoming a science student. I used to attend holiday lessons on Cello, Piano, Violin, Harmonica, Guitar, and loads of other instruments but it didn't help much. So I was wondering if there are higher institutions here in Nigeria which solely commit to the area of Music. Like I heard in Ghana, that they have an acclaimed Arts Academy where they only study courses like Pianology, Symphony/Solfa Notations, Musical Development/Instrumentalism etc. If there are such places in Nigeria, you guys would do me a great deal of good by sharing them on the comments. Location around P. H and Lagos would be very favourable.
Thank You
Google Tenstrings Music Institute . Or visit the website at. www. tenstrings.org/courses.You will see the different programs they offer.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Nuelstar(m): 2:44am On Oct 07, 2018
truvine:
Mountain Top University (MTU)
thank me later
Thats the answer
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by placeofallure(f): 3:57am On Oct 07, 2018
Check out Tenstrings on the net. I know they have branches at Surulere, Ikeja and Lekki or so.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by 2016v2017: 5:21am On Oct 07, 2018
JayCynic:
Hi Nairalanders,
I'm 18 and I'm passionate about music, would have studied Music in the University but due to parental and societal influence at high school, I was moved to becoming a science student. I used to attend holiday lessons on Cello, Piano, Violin, Harmonica, Guitar, and loads of other instruments but it didn't help much. So I was wondering if there are higher institutions here in Nigeria which solely commit to the area of Music. Like I heard in Ghana, that they have an acclaimed Arts Academy where they only study courses like Pianology, Symphony/Solfa Notations, Musical Development/Instrumentalism etc. If there are such places in Nigeria, you guys would do me a great deal of good by sharing them on the comments. Location around P. H and Lagos would be very favourable.
Thank You
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by 2016v2017: 5:22am On Oct 07, 2018
Laird:
Google search Tenstrings music institute ..

Branches in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by 2016v2017: 5:23am On Oct 07, 2018
leovictor15:
Peter kings badagry

The best music school I know
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by 2016v2017: 5:25am On Oct 07, 2018
stealvyn:
There's one in Badagry, Lagos state called Peter King. It's nice, heard Asa and a few of our musicians studied there.
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by 2016v2017: 5:27am On Oct 07, 2018
Femiflo1:
There's no where else you can get the best of MUSIC knowledge than TENSTRINGS MUSIC INSTITUTE. It's available in FESTAC, SURULERE, IKEJA, AJAH, LEKKI PHASE 1 outside Lagos. Akure, Portharcourt, Abuja and so on with great INSTRUCTORS both THEORETICALLY and PRACTICALLY......
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by NoToPile: 6:30am On Oct 07, 2018
I think you should follow geeone20 advice.
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by Rotjijatau(m): 7:19am On Oct 07, 2018
folake4u:

Sorry is it owned by Panam Percy Paul?
yes
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by issylarry(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2018
JayCynic:
Hi Nairalanders,
Thank You

Text 08023628382,let my institution teach u at affordable price
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by oluphemy24: 7:53am On Oct 07, 2018
I'm a graduate of music
Universities
1. University of Ibadan
2. OAU
3. UNN
4. UNILAG
5. LASU
6. UNIBEN
7. Mountain top university

polytechnic of Ibadan offers music technology

A good number of college of education in Nigeria offer music

MUSON centre Lagos
PETER KINGS. Lagos
SPAN. Lagos

Stranus (music & dance) wuse 2 Abuja.

Make your choice.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by okewujude(m): 7:59am On Oct 07, 2018
som universitys in naija do music as a course unn,uni lag,uniuyo, the poly ibadan do production tech or music tech
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by nelson7777: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2018
op I wish u d best..
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by JayCynic(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2018
nelson7777:
op I wish u d best..
Thank you very much. God bless you
Re: Are There Any Specialized Musical Schools/Institutions In Nigeria? by JayCynic(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2018
oluphemy24:
I'm a graduate of music Universities 1. University of Ibadan 2. OAU 3. UNN 4. UNILAG 5. LASU 6. UNIBEN 7. Mountain top university
polytechnic of Ibadan offers music technology
A good number of college of education in Nigeria offer music
MUSON centre Lagos PETER KINGS. Lagos SPAN. Lagos
Stranus (music & dance) wuse 2 Abuja.
Make your choice.
Wow, I'll check them out thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Mayorkun - Hustlers Anthem (instrumental) / BBC Hausa Celebrates 60 Years Of Broadcasting In Hausa Language / Luis Fonsi Feat. Demi Lovato – Not On You (echame La Culpa English Version) Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.