Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Extortion: Msc Or Phd Student During Final Project Defense. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Extortion: Msc Or Phd Student During Final Project Defense. (477 Views)

SS2 Student Kills SS3 Student During Cult Clash In Akwa Ibom / Oluwaseyi Ajibade: Third Class LASU Graduate, UNILAG Best Graduating PhD Student / Leg Of Kogi University Graduate Crushed By Student During Celebration (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extortion: Msc Or Phd Student During Final Project Defense. by Topccy007z: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2018
I attended a Colleague's PhD final project defense at FUTA yesterday and to my greatest surprise, I discovered something inhuman.

In this harsh economy and stressful conditions for obtaining a doctorate degree from a Nigerian University, the University will still make Students that have financially stressed themselves out to cook for the whole staff of the department in the name of final defense. They even went as far as dictating the content of these meals.

Things like this should be optional.

What if the student doesn't perform well during this defense? Will he/she be refunded?

I don't believe things like this happen in foreign institutions.
Re: Extortion: Msc Or Phd Student During Final Project Defense. by Shelumiel: 9:43am On Oct 06, 2018
I have a question for graduates in Nigeria going for post-graduate studies in Nigeria: is it a must to school in a Nigerian University whose certificate cannot be used outside of Nigeria , whose educational syllabus is outdated and ranks in with educational syllabus of 17th century scholars , where rubbish is tolerated by the so called intellectuals and professors ?

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Msc Or Phd Student During Final Project Defense. by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 06, 2018
Shelumiel:
I have a question for graduates in Nigeria going for post-graduate studies in Nigeria: is it a must to school in a Nigerian University whose certificate cannot be used outside of Nigeria , whose educational syllabus is outdated and ranks in with educational syllabus of 17th century scholars , where rubbish is tolerated by the so called intellectuals and professors ?
Na moni ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Extortion: Msc Or Phd Student During Final Project Defense. by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2018
Topccy007z:
I attended a Colleague's PhD final project defense at FUTA yesterday and to my greatest surprise, I discovered something inhuman.

I[b]n this harsh economy and stressful conditions for obtaining a doctorate degree from a Nigerian University, the University will still make Students that have financially stressed themselves out to cook for the whole staff of the department in the name of final defense. They even went as far as dictating the content of these meals.[/b]
You better hire cook before you loose your defense

Things like this should be optional.

What if the student doesn't perform well during this defense? Will he/she be refunded?
It doesn't affect the examiner's verdict.

I don't believe things like this happen in foreign institutions.

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Midwestern Oil Scholarship 2018 For Undergraduate / Ongoing NNPC/Belema Joint Venture Scholarship / Neco Biometric Data Capture Payment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.