Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Hypocrisy In Churches What % - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hypocrisy In Churches What % (595 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypocrisy In Churches What % by erniewhez(m): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2010
This Sunday morning, I went to drop a family member at his church and had to walk a long distance because everywhere was filled up with cars and people have to go miles to park. The crowd amazed me and I became interested to worship with the church for the 1st time to see what could have attracted so much crowd. While in the church I looked around and was surprised to see some faces around, faces I have known with yahoo yahoo, fraudsters, adulterers just name it. These people are up to date in these shady deals yet there in church like holiest of hollies. Meanwhile the Pastor was busy preaching prosperity. Yeah! We know its the sinners that God wants in church to save their souls, but I guess the Pastors are missing it all and I don't think these people can ever change their ways without been preached the redemption of soul rather than prosperity. Now I wonder if we don't have up to 75% hypocrites in churches. Its my observation am not judging but we need to look into this.
Re: Hypocrisy In Churches What % by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2010
2 Timothy 3v13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing
of whom thou hast learned
them.
Endure to the end and be a light to others around you. Jesus is coming soon.
Re: Hypocrisy In Churches What % by Acidosis(m): 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2010
Some months back, a member of the christ embassy church in Benin city was caught by the EFCC after recieving a huge sum of money by 'yahoo_yahoo'. The level of Hypocrisy in the church today is so high but that shouldn't be our focus as christians, many are called (the crowd you saw in the church), but few are chosen (those that will eventually make it to heaven).
The question is : how many have you preached to? Or rather, how many have you led away from the path of hypocrisy?
Re: Hypocrisy In Churches What % by yommyuk: 6:56am On Jul 12, 2010
1 Timothy 4:2
Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith: they will follow deceptive spirits and teaching that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead.

So don't be surprised, it has already been predicted. embarassed

As for the so called "prosperity teachers"
Phillippians 3:19
They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life on earth.

They have already got their just reward.

@Image123

God bless.
2 Tim 3:14 should be our focus.
Re: Hypocrisy In Churches What % by erniewhez(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2010
Image123:

2 Timothy 3v13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing
of whom thou hast learned
them.
Endure to the end and be a light to others around you. Jesus is coming soon.

@Image123, yeah! 2Tim 3v13-14 should be the watchword for the genuine christian to keep focused not minding the negative situations around them, but please what do u thnk we can do about these preachers tht are trading redemption for prosperity?

(1) (Reply)

Lets Do God's Work-christian Rock Band(unn Students Only) / Preaching The Gospel With Christian Inspirational Wristband / The Way Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.