Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,392 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Let's Talk Mental Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Let's Talk Mental Health (241 Views)

Let's Talk Mental Mealth / Ban On Codeine: Lagos Unveils Comprehensive Strategy To Address Mental Health / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk Mental Health by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 07, 2018
I was just sitting down reflecting on the past events that happened in Lagos state of recent in the build up to the governorship primaries and I decided to write about it.it has to do with the issue that is increasingly rampant in our society.it has to o with depression leading to suicide.
I could remember a friend of mine who at one time felt depressed about an issue and he called me saying he would like to visit a psychiatrist but I quickly told him it could be the biggest mistake he could ever make in his life,as it might come back to haunt him.I told him to just try and build his relationship with ALLAH, a God that would never reveal his secrets to anybody,than going to the hospital to tell a human being. Looking back at what played out in Lagos state where the governor had the mind of using health problem of another person just for his own personal and selfish interest is very worrisome.
Many people who are really depressed find it hard to go and see a psychiatrist for fear of it being used against them in future and so they bottle it up inside,and when the pressure gets too much to bear,end up taking the easy way out-suicide
I am very sure that the issue that played out between ambode and sanwo olu will be used against them by the PDP come 2019.
Is it a crime to visit the hospital if one is feeling down at one point in life

(1) (Reply)

How To Permanently Reduce Fat In Your Belly / Heaps Of Refuse On Shasha Akowonjo Road. / Eliminate Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.