Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,686 members, 7,862,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (68732 Views)

'Buhari Wears $640 Shoes, Seeks Loans Of Countries Presidents Wear $100 Shoes' / President Buhari Wears Face-mask In Mali (photo) / Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by mvem(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2018
devindevin2000:
There is something about Igbo attires; isiagu(Tiger face), color and cap that set them apart from others. It reek of advancement, civilization, command and uniqueness. Plus the staff, symbol of authority, kai Igbos!

Igbo Amaka!
...actually your fore fathers never dress this way unlike the Hausas and Yorubas that relatively dress same way they did years ago... To be real, the original igbo attire is not actually like that of the pix, men tied wrappers(something of that sort)... That overall igbos wear it's not really an original depiction of the culture... My opinion though, I stand to be corrected
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Premiumwriter: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2018
devindevin2000:
There is something about Igbo attires; isiagu(Tiger face), color and cap that set them apart from others. It reek of advancement, civilization, command and uniqueness. Plus the staff, symbol of authority, kai Igbos!

Igbo Amaka!
what is the something

Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by bikefab(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2018
He has appeared again. After the python dances and his open disdain for the 5 %, the lifeless one has come to market his soured integrity.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by raydboi(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2018
Old scam
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by SoNature(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2018
marshalldgreat:
ALIKA

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw ALIKA! Onye ojo grin grin
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by uvalued(m): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2018
globemoney:
The genocidal Military dictator has come again... Scam!! Run cheesy cheesy
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by marshalldgreat(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2018
SoNature:

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw ALIKA! Onye ojo grin grin
Lol... EZIBOTE 'ALIKA' KO BU grin
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by phkka1(m): 11:11am On Oct 07, 2018
Everything concerning Igbo in him is very irritating. He can never be accepted in the Igbo concept.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by biztip: 11:18am On Oct 07, 2018
I gives he is ready well dressed for his homecoming
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by femtex007(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2018
Okosisi 1 of south east.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by earnvest: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2018
same person that played with 97% - 5% numbers? Nobody should be fooled.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by DAALHAJI: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2018
Hypocrisy personified
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by poseidon12: 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
That's a real Fulani man for you. Master of deception. Very intelligent people. But he can only fool the zombies and the naive.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Jahwinaboy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
Different Dress codes yet Nigeria is more divided under this rule.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by roscoleefad: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
madridguy:
Ride on Sai Baba.
mumu hunger never kill u,son of poverty sticken generation
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Awoo88: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
madridguy:
Ride on Sai Baba.
Yaaah! A very nice ride to daura
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by macello4(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
madridguy:
Ride on Sai Baba.
make he ride on, he will ride to his death in d name of allah d god of death. Oloriburuku oponu ode, i no u dont have any tin in brain animal
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by ussy09(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
Pmb is growing younger ooo any way congratulation to sai baba as Atiku is a workover.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Mrexcell(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
onyxdiarymedia:
President Buhari looks all dressed up as he officially declares to run for Presidency next year and accepts APC Presidential nomination.

He released these pictures and statement on his official Twitter account..

It is with a deep sense of humility that I accept the nomination of our great party, the All Progressives Congress, to be its candidate and flagbearer in the 2019 Presidential election. I thank you all for your support and guidance, and for staying committed to the Change Agenda.

Let us all join hands to ensure the continuation of the good work of the APC Government, to 2023 — and beyond! Change has come to stay in Nigeria. Long live APC, long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

https://onyxdiary.com/fine-african-men-see-the-sexy-usman-shagari-grandson-of-nigerias-former-president-shehu-shagari/

Bloodthirsty vampire looking for who to deceive and devour.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by 08064978510(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
devindevin2000:

Igbo Amaka!
it's only set you guys apart as the black sheep of the family (country)
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
omojesu202:

a non existent authority... can't u see how ugly he looked in it, compared to others.
Omo Jesu has spoken grin

Cc lzaa jumpandpas greenback eternaltruths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Bede2u(m): 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
sean1000x:
I hope that staff is fake. Does Buhari understand the symbolism of that staff/offor he is holding? Have you not read the bible of Moses with the same staff? I hope he knows before Amadioha will strike him mercilessly because his hand is not clean. Only special sons of the land approved by our ancestors like Nnamdi Kanu, Eze Nri, e.t.c., can hold that staff.
actually that staff is not offor staff but ikenga staff.

Ikenga (literally 'place of strength') is an alusi and a cult figure of the right hand and success found among the northern Igbo people. He is an icon of meditation exclusive to men and owners of the sculpture dedicate and refer to it as their 'right hand' which is considered instrumental to personal power and success.[52][53] Ikenga is a source of encoded knowledge unraveled through psychological principles. The image of Ikenga comprises someone's chi ('personal god'), his ndichie (ancestors), aka Ikenga (right hand), ike (power) as well as spiritual activation through prayer and sacrifice.[54] Igbo cultures value of resourcefulness and individualism in society utilises the concept of Ikenga to regulate the relationship between individuality and family relations and obligations, as well as free will and industriousness balanced with destiny decided persons chi. Ikenga acts as a physical medium to the consciousness and emphasises individual initiative through reflection and meditation.[16] Success validates the Ikenga and the sculptures act as visual representation of a persons inner success, people give offerings in thanks to the Ikenga after providing energy to overcome any unwanted pre-life choices.[16] These choices are at the hands of the persons earth bound spirit, mmuo, who chooses sex, type, and lifespan before incarnation.[16] The successful Ikenga influenced the saying of well being 'íkéǹgàm kwụ̀ ọ̀tọ́ ta ta' meaning that 'my Ikenga stands upright today'.[52] During festivals of Ogbalido or olili Ikenga ('feast of Ikenga') sculptures of him may be paraded around a village or displayed at the village centre if too monumental to transport.[16] When a person does not become successful with hard work the Ikenga has 'fallen' and is seen as a sign of danger, if meditation and cajoling the Ikenga fails, the sculpture is 'thrown down' and broken which spiritually kills the Ikenga; a new one is carved to replace it.[16]

Ikenga figures are common cultural artefacts ranging for six inches to 6 feet high and can be humanistic or highly stylised.[16][52] There are anthropomorphic, architectonic, and abstract cylindrical Ikenga sculptures.[16] Ikenga is a symbol of success and personal achievement.[16] Ikenga is mostly maintained, kept or owned by men and occasionally by women of high reputation and integrity in the society. At burials, a mans Ikenga is broken into two with one piece buried with him and the other destroyed.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by BabaRamota1980: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
mvem:
...actually your fore fathers never dress this way unlike the Hausas and Yorubas that relatively dress same way they did years ago... To be real, the original igbo attire is not actually like that of the pix, men tied wrappers(something of that sort)... That overall igbos wear it's not really an original depiction of the culture... My opinion though, I stand to be corrected

...add, with a feather on the winter hat. cheesy

Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by BabaRamota1980: 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Im sending to my tailor....my other Agbadas have the logo in a color contrast weave. I want next Agbada to be unicolored.

Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by omoharry(f): 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
Look at this nepotistic jihadist..it is only during election you realize that you belong to every body..but after election you begin with your divisive style of leadership..and complicity in the killings by your kins men only to look the other way and still come back and ask the same victim to give them land in every nook and cranny of the nation..wicked and clueless man along side with your followers..the blood of the innocent women and children killed under your watch while you choose to look the other side will be on you and your followers head.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by BabaRamota1980: 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
ussy09:
Pmb is growing younger ooo any way congratulation to sai baba as Atiku is a workover walkover.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Kingspin(m): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
What does this man look like? hahah
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by BabaRamota1980: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
We understand the purpose behind it but Buhari should just stop wearing Ibo attire, period! He does not know how wear it and the clothe sef doesnt know how to fit on him. Its a bad match....just stop it abeg.

People like FFK will wear it and the isiegu go siddon well and fit him. I dont know why, maybe because FFK has punctured so many isiegu virgins. God help us!

Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by bemyguest(f): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
We expect more responsiveness to Nigeria Economical Issues in HIS next tenure!

This indeed is Nigeria Next President!

Sai BaBa
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by Mrnairalandd: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
devindevin2000:

Igbo Amaka!

Wash your eyes and take a look at those 3 attires in Nr president, you ll realise that the Igbo attire is a complete shame to civilisation. It’s d most ugliest attire among the those 3 attires.
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by yuvisan: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
SAI BABA !!! CONGRATULATIONS GALORE FROM ALL NIGERIAN PATRIOTS !

YOU HAVE BEEN WINNING , YOU ARE A WINNER MOST ESPECIALLY WINNING

OVER YOUR HEALTH CHALLENGES , ABOUT WHICH UNPRINTABLE THINGS WERE SPOKEN PREVIOUSLY

BY CITIZENS THAT COULD BEST BE DESCRIBED AS UNBROTHERLY, DISNATURED, UNPATRIOTIC.

SHOULD WE NOT BE OUR BROTHERS’ KEEPER ? HOW ON EARTH CAN I WISH MY FATHER TO

DIE SIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS TERRIBLY INDISPOSED AND SICK ? GOD DICTATES THAT I TAKE CARE OF HIM

AND PRAY AND SUPPLICATE GOD FOR HIS SPEEDY RECOVERY . “ Honour your father and your mother”

SO WHOSOEVER WISHED OUR BABA PRESIDENT BUHARI BAD /DEAD DURING HIS DAYS OF TRIALS KNOWS NOT

AT ALL THE DUTIES OF A SON / DAUGHTER TO HIS FATHER ,CONSEQUENTLY HE/SHE COULD BEST BE DESCRIBED AS
A DISTORTED , DENATURED HUMAN BEING.

OF SUCH PEOPLE WE PATRIOTS ARE WARY.

BEHOLD NOW THE BEGINNING OF THE REIGN OF LOVE , PEACE , UNITY AND PROGRESS IN NIGERIA,

IF WE SOLIDLY STAND BEHIND BABA BUHARI SECOND TERM.

OUR MR INTEGRITY,USHERING DEVELOPMENT .

FELLOW PATRIOTS , NO PAIN NO GAIN ,

LET US CONTINUE TO RALLY ROUND PMB, DESPITE PRESENT HARDSHIPS

SUPPORT HIM BY OUR GOOD INTENTIONS AND ACTIONS.

AND ALL WILL BE WELL FOR US ALL NIGERIANS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD .AMEN.

THE PATRIOTS ARE HIGHLY DISTURBED BY THE WRANGLINGS & IN- FIGHTING WITHIN THE APC CURRENTLY.

ALL THAT MUST STOP . IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT MANY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE MISSION . MAY THEY REALIZE SOONEST.

UNITY OF PURPOSE,HARD WORK FOR THE GOOD OF ALL NIGERIANS.

GOD BLESS PMB, GOD BESS NIGERIA , GOD BLESS NIGERIANS ! !!
Re: President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket by buchilino(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
MahatmaGhandi:
If only he lives and thinks like this.
GOOD OBSERVATION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Climbs Glo Mast In Kebbi, Says He Won't Come Down Until Buhari Steps Down / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / Wike Shuts Down Atiku Campaign Office In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.