Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

I Performed Semi-nude Because That Was How Our Forefathers Used To Dress - Brymo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Performed Semi-nude Because That Was How Our Forefathers Used To Dress - Brymo (457 Views)

‘I’d Rather Go To Hell Than Sign With Wizkid, Davido Or Burna Boy’ – Brymo / Uriel Fights Off Trolls Criticising Gifty's Semi Nude Picture / Abasiodiong Eyo Inyang: Dethroned Teen Queen Apologises For Her Semi Nude Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Performed Semi-nude Because That Was How Our Forefathers Used To Dress - Brymo by Xquisite360: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
Singer Olawale Ashimi professionally known as Brymo practically set social media aflame after a video of his UK performance surfaced on the Internet.

For the performance, Brymo wrapped a piece of clothe around his loins while his butt was left bare.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Brymo explained the reason for his choice of clothing. He said, “That was the way our forefathers used to dress before the arrival of the West. As a matter of fact, some months ago, a picture circulated on the Internet of a wealthy Igbo farmer who dressed that way in 1930.

I just wanted to remind people of our past. It surprises me that people are shocked whenever I dress that way. That was the same way I dressed in the video for my song, Heya.

In this part of the world, we are mostly consumers; not creators. If the advanced world should come here and take all of their technologies, we would be left naked.

“However, I appreciate the people who follow my music and see it as a form of artistic expression. Those are the people I do this for. For those who don’t like it; sorry, I don’t know what to do about that.”
https://www.xquisite360.com/2018/10/i-performed-semi-nude-because-that-was-how-our-forefathers-used-to-dress-brymo.html

(1) (Reply)

When You Have First Class In Chemistry And Enter Music / Mommy See I Made It, I Am Famous” – Actor, RMD Says As He Is Welcomed To Turkey / Cardi B, Nicki Minaj Call Truce Hours After Fighting Each Other On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.