Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan (23991 Views)

Kwara Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Saraki, Ahmed, Others / Fayose Reacts As Saraki, Ahmed Dump APC For PDP / Welcome Back Home - PDP Tells Saraki, Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Islie: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2018
“The senate wishes to assure you [APC leadership] that we will remain in our caucus determined, focused and resolved to work with you.”

Ismail Omipidan and Romanus Ugwu, Abuja

Senate Majority Leader, Ahmed Lawan, has assured the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and President Muhammadu Buhari, that the party’s senate caucus will impeach Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, when lawmakers reconvene.

Senator Lawan said this during the APC Presidential Convention, which held at the Eagle Square, in Abuja, at the weekend.

The national convention ratified Buhari’s candidacy as the flag-bearer of the ruling party in the 2019 presidential election.

There, Lawan said, the APC senate caucus intends ‘to force through lots of things.’

He, however, made a passionate appeal to the Presidency and the APC national leadership to intervene in the challenges some of the National Assembly members are facing; to scale the APC primaries in their respective states. He specifically asked for the national leadership’s mediation.

Said Lawan: “The senate wishes to assure you that we will remain in our caucus determined, focused and resolved to work with you.

“On July 15, this year, when we had unceremonious closure of the Senate and the National Assembly for the first time, we had the most cohesive, united and focused APC caucus in the Eighth senate.

We remain committed to you and the programmes of this administration. We remain loyal to our party, and we shall continue to support any programme of this administration.

“We thank Mr. President for supporting senators who have remained committed and loyal to this party.

“I want to take this opportunity to thank the chairman and leaders of the party, for supporting us at the most difficult times in the history of our primaries. I want to add that it is not yet uhuru for some of us. We believe that there are still some issues to be resolved in favour of some of our colleagues.

“I want to also add that the number of senators of APC in the senate remains the largest. I want to call the attention of everyone here to the fact that democracy, as defined by people, remains government of the majority, where minority will always have their say.

“Those who cannot remember that there was a time in this country when nine was greater than 16, I want to remind them that we have come to that point again.

“Now, we have our chamber dominated and occupied by minority leaders. They remain minority leaders occupying our positions.

Those who refuse to follow the part of honour and integrity by exiting; we will send them out with ignominy.

“I want to assure everyone here that 2019 is going to be a walkover for Mr. President, by the grace of God. It will see APC winning more than 24 states.

“We will have a national assembly where vast majority of senators will be from the APC and in the House of Representatives.

“We want to have a National Assembly that will, at all times, work with Mr. President, day and night, to deliver to Nigerians what we have lost over the years.

“The leadership of the National Assembly has shown to us that they are not prepared to be loyal to this administration.

“On Tuesday, we will be going back to the National Assembly when our recess is over.
We intend to force through a lot of things and pass that budget for INEC and the security agencies for the 2019 election.

“If we cannot convince them, we intend to force through the foreign plan for this administration. Some people have taken our mandate and ran away with it. We intend to fight, defend and promote the interest of this party at all cost,” he assured.

Similarly, Deputy Speaker, Yusuff Lasun, in his remarks during the Presidential Convention, pledged the chambers loyalty to the presidency and the ruling party.

Although he was silent on the fate of Speaker Yakubu Dogara, when the House reconvenes, he, however, explicitly assured of the House’s loyalty to the party.

“President Buhari is our candidate in 2019 election. He has made us proud and that is why we are convinced that, by 2019, he is going to be re-elected.

“We are convinced that you are going to do us proud by continuing to deliver on those programmes.

“One of the beauties of the last three and a half years is that president Buhari has brought sanity into governance, and today, the fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom.

“We must find a way of strengthening the National Assembly…

http://sunnewsonline.com/well-impeach-saraki-senate-leader/

3 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by HungerBAD: 8:18am On Oct 08, 2018
Senator Ahmed Lawan, we have heard.

I was 15 years old,when you guys started the plan to impeach Senator Saraki ,and now I am 18 and a half yrs old, and the plan has still not worked.

Even witches pursuing somebody in real life,would have given up their evil plans and walked away.

291 Likes 26 Shares

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by gare(f): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2018
Islie:

“The senate wishes to assure you [APC leadership] that we will remain in our caucus determined, focused and resolved to work with you.”

You guys never tired, OK o and impeach him. I need a cup of coffee sleep dey disturb me this, will get back to you

6 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Millenniumlady(f): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2018
I saw this coming but the chances of impeaching saraki by the Nigerian Senate is 5/10. Because a viper like saraki can't be taken down easily not without a tough fight.which only few of them have the capacity to carry .....My fingers are crossed seems we're going to be experiencing more drama within these few months cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by sexiestharam(f): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2018
HungerBAD:

I was 15 years old,when you guys started the plan to impeach Senator Saraki ,and now I am 18 and a half yr old, and the plan has still not worked.

Even witches pursuing somebody in real life,would have given up their evil plans and walked away.
Some people are mouthed sha grin

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by UncleNnamdi: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2018
The inability of APC to fulfill their words has made it come to an end where no reasonable person takes them serious.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by magoo10(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2018
Noise makers and toothless german shepherd talking.

Even the midget oshiomole have been tamed by baba oloye saraki.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by aolawale025: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2018
Are they still on that issue?
Better move onto relevant things

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Deltayankeeboi: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2018
Since 1960, we will impeach Saraki, we will impeach Saraki.
After 58years, Saraki is still the one whose seat is above all others.

Shey na for social media una wan impeach am.

If APC senators are as powerful as they claim to be, impeach him and they have my respect.

Action speaks louder than words.
It is not by Gestapo approach.
APC senators are making Nigerians realize through their body language that they don't have the constitutional power to impeach Saraki.

Only senators can elect the senate president and only senators can impeach the senate president.
If APC senators are banking on federal power to remove Saraki, then they are more stupid than I thought even much more stupid than the lifeless dullard from Daura.

48 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Okwyjesus(m): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2018
He don't know what he's saying. Sariki's calculation when he shot the upper house is perfect. By now many APC senators are not happy with the party and cannot fight for Sariki's impeachment. Magnus Abe, Hope Uzodinma .etc

13 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by temptnow: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
These bastards are still on this issue?

Mafia pass mafia. We're waiting

15 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by AnneMomoh: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2018
Na wa oh, Still on this Matter?

1 Like

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Deltatoto: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2018
HungerBAD:

I was 15 years old,when you guys started the plan to impeach Senator Saraki ,and now I am 18 and a half yrs old, and the plan has still not worked.

lol epic

23 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by teeboy100(m): 9:11am On Oct 08, 2018
go ahead
Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Pentools(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
President Atiku from 2019...
...#Atikulate2019!!!

7 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Nbote(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
We have been hearing about impeaching Saraki since tym immemorial..

4 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by SocialJustice: 9:13am On Oct 08, 2018
The usual noise.

1 Like

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Bossontop(m): 9:13am On Oct 08, 2018

3 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by eagleeye2: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2018
If you want to shoot, shoot and stop talking.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2018
i support saraki impeachment,he is obstructing Nigeria path to greatness

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by OmoManU: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2018
Is that not tomorrow?

4 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Originality007: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2018
HungerBAD:

grin grin guy u wicked ooo, 3 and half yrs to plan how to impeach a senate president and still no show

22 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 08, 2018
From Atiku is corrupt to we will impeach Saraki, hehehe. These guys are hurt real bad. grin

11 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Nemesis001: 9:15am On Oct 08, 2018
You will impeach him since how many years ago

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Cajal(m): 9:16am On Oct 08, 2018
Saraki has never lost any battle in his life
He defeated his father
Even... Some men of God have confirmed S... to be president grin

1 Like

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Jothamthompson: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2018
Saraki will complete his tenure and rule 9th NASS

3 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by ceeceeco: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2018
Please I will like us to do a political experiment on Nairaland. Like for Atiku, Share for Buhari. let us see who will win the 2019 presidential election.

36 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by AreaFada2: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2018
Okwyjesus:
He don't know what he's saying. Sariki's calculation when he shot the upper house is perfect. By now many APC senators are not happy with the party and cannot fight for Sariki's impeachment. Magnus Abe, Hope Uzodinma .etc

Let's see how those who they denied automatic ticket will fight their corner. cheesy grin

They forgot the calculation was partly to see how many aggrieved APC people will rather side with PDP. Many previously zealous APC goons have lost the zeal fearing irrelevance after next election.
In a sane country, shouldn't the senate focus on expediting bills and delivering within the few months remaining instead of wasting time plotting impeachment, rofo rofo fight? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I said it when Saraki manoeuvred to become SP that that's the biggest position a Middle Belter can achieve in current 9ja setting, that he just landed the best slot. APC goons were saying that Saraki should have been patient and he could have one day become President of Nigeria. Saraki knew far better. But his current shot shows how being SP shot him to national consciousness within three years.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2018
Islie:

We intend to force through a lot of things

We intend to fight, defend and promote the interest of this party at all cost,” he assured.

We don't need you guys to make any stupid laws since we can ALL use FORCE to get whatever we want!

As a federal lawmaker, you are not suppose to promote your party's interest BUT NATIONAL INTEREST!

You want to come and enforce Tinubu's will upon us

Holy Ghost Fire!!!

4 Likes

Re: We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan by FarahAideed: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2018
You are mad ..yiu will impeach your childrens destiny mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Chief Of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Gambo In Aso Rock / Onuh Edoka Declared ‘ghost Worker’ / Dolapo Osinbajo's 49th Birthday: Yemi Osinbajo Celebrates His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.