Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel (3480 Views)

Help Phpmyadmin Showing My Blank In Wamp. / How To Hide Your Website Cpanel / Phpmyadmin And Dreamweaver8 Uploading Picture Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by jmoore(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2010
Those advanced in web designing should please lend their knowledge on this topic,

First question-How to create a table in a database using phpmyadmin?
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by DualCore1: 11:07am On Jul 12, 2010
When you get into the database you want to create tables for, at the botom you will see 2 textfields for creating tables. The first one is for the table name and the second one is for the number of fields.
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by jmoore(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2010
thanks, I have done that I created a table with 5 fields

How do I insert details into the fields?
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by DualCore1: 11:59am On Jul 12, 2010
Look at the left pane, you should see your database name and the table you have created under it. Click on the table you have created. Then go to the main display area showing the table properties and click "Insert"
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by jmoore(m): 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
I think my table has not been created, I only created the fields. et.c

After filling on what should be in the fields, I clicked go and got the error message below

Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `africadi_banks`.`bankregister` (
`name of bank` VARCHAR( 60 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`address` VARCHAR( 60 ) NOT NULL ,
`phone no` VARCHAR( 60 ) NOT NULL ,
`email address` VARCHAR( 60 ) NOT NULL ,
`website` VARCHAR( 60 ) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `name of bank` , `address` , `phone no` , `email address` , `website` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1063 - Incorrect column specifier for column 'name of bank'
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by jmoore(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ok. I have finally created my tables and inserted the values.

How do I connect to my database?
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by DualCore1: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
What are you connecting from?
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by jmoore(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2010
from an online guide I was told that before I can do anything with MySQL in PHP. I must first establish a connection to my web host's MySQL database which done with the MySQL connect function.

it is like I have to make a connection from my server to my database, what should I do?
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by DualCore1: 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2010
Re: Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel by jmoore(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
This thing is getting complicated

I entered these input below

<?php
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbuser = 'africadi_jmoore';
$dbpass = 'letomeocar';

$conn = mysql_connect(localhost, africadi_jmoore, letomeocar) or die ('Error connecting to mysql');

$dbname = 'africadi_banks';
mysql_select_db($dbname);
?>

AND I GOT THESE ERROR CODE BELOW

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 1
STR: <?
SQL: <?php
$dbhost = 'localhost';<?php
$dbhost = 'localhost';

SQL query:

<?php $dbhost = 'localhost';

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<?php
$dbhost = 'localhost'' at line 1

(1) (Reply)

My Alexa Ranking Is Now in 1st 200 NG- Thanks To The Ogbonge Seo Masters Here / 5 2go Tricks You Must Know / Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.