Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother (313 Views)

Gunmen Attack Chris Uba’s Convoy, Kill Two Security Operatives / Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / Peter Obi’s Stinginess Is Legendary – Chris Uba (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother by Mantissa89(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2018
A senatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra South Chris Uba has said his brother Andy Uba has overstayed at the Senate.
Chris said this on Friday in Awka the Anambra State capital where he noted that his brother who is going for a third term in the red chambers, should take a bow.
“My brother has been there for eight years and must take a bow now,” he said.
“I pray for my brother to go higher; he can become a governor or vice president but not a senator again.
“It is now my turn. I want him to throw in the towel because the fight is going to be very serious.”
He added that he wants to “run because we have been sponsoring politicians in Anambra State and across Nigeria.
“I have been doing that and a lot of people have passed through my school.
“But they call us godfathers, we have made case several times for the party to make some provisions in the party’s constitution to protect godfathers, but no way, no provision.
“The truth remains that godfathers are closer to the grassroots. A lot of people depend on us, a lot of families depend on us and many families today are hungry.
“But after sponsoring politicians, immediately they get to Abuja, you can’t get them on the telephone again, nobody will see them again, they buy all choice cars and the next thing they will blackmail you.
“Little thing, they will start fighting you, they will say they’ve known the President, they’ve known the party chairman and as a godfather, you are in trouble.
“So, now we need to occupy offices to protect our position and the positions of our people. That is why I am running for the Senate.”
source:https://www.concisenews.global/2018/10/06/chris-uba-speaks-on-why-he-is-contesting-against-his-brother/
Re: Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother by Mantissa89(m): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2018
the two brothers
Re: Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother by Lordjiggs09(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2018
Family matter. I no talk anything.

Meanwhile check my signature for the best fashion accessories around at cheapest, competitive prices.

1 Like

Re: Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother by generationz(f): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2018
competition is good for development

see my signature

1 Like

Re: Chris Uba Speaks On Why He Is Contesting Against His Brother by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2018
Oloribruku ode!! PDP just wasted that ticket.Cant afford to have this idiot represent me at the senate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tuesday With Reuben Abati 2019: Atiku Vs. Buhari / Mysterious Fire Kills Ondo University Professor / Nigerian Govt Redeploys 32 Directors, 127 Other Top Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.