Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller (669 Views)

Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year / Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2010
Thomas Müller’s stellar first full season in senior football has ended in individual glory at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Following Sunday’s final in Johannesburg, the 20-year-old Bayern starlet was named Best Young Player at the finals by the FIFA Technical Study Group (TSG), following in the footsteps of former FCB man Lukas Podolski, recipient of the award at the 2006 finals in Germany. And due to David Villa and Wesley Sneijder’s failure to add to their scorer points totals in the final, Müller has also carried off the adidas Golden Boot as top scorer in South Africa.

“it’s a huge honour to be part of a group including the likes of Pele, Franz Beckenbauer, Michael Owen and the most recent winner, Lukas Podolski. For me personally, it's terrific confirmation of the work I’ve put in over the last year,” commented Müller. “I’m delighted my great run has continued here, and I’ve really enjoyed it too. The honour will be with me for all time, and it's a wonderful memento too.”

Five goals, three assists

On Friday, the TSG nominated Müller, Mexico’s Giovannis dos Santos and André Ayew of Ghana for the award shortlist. “Thomas Muller’s rapid rise through the senior football ranks has been nothing short of remarkable. A fringe player with Bayern Munich just two seasons ago, and with a first international cap coming only in March of this year, the 20-year-old striker has captured the imagination of fans everywhere with his pulsating approach play and vital goals,” read the TSG citation.

The Bavarian-born forward ultimately edged out his rivals, partly thanks to his ruthless finishing in South Africa. His fifth goal came in the third-place play-off against Uruguay, after which he was named Man of the Match, an accolade he also received following Germany’s 4-1 victory over England. The goal against Uruguay ultimately saw Müller seal the prestigious Golden Boot ahead of Sneijder and Villa, who both finished on five goals but with only one assist apiece.

Star of the future

“This is just incredible for a newcomer to the World Cup. If anyone had told me I’d end on eight scorer points, I’d have said they were kidding me,“ a slightly incredulous Müller remarked. “It's an honour of course, but at the end of the day, I’d rather have had the World Cup itself,” he confessed.

“He’s a wonderful player,” enthused Gerd Müller when asked about his young namesake, who was coached by the Bayern legend during his spell in the FCB reserves. “The lad has everything. He’s quick, he shoots with both feet, he’s good in the air, and he makes terrific runs down the channels. He’s a quick thinker, he reads the game well, and he has that precious nose for goal,” Der Bomber told fcbayern.de.

More to come

Müller was not present in person to accept the Young Player accolade itself, plus the additional prize of a car, nor the Golden Boot. The awards ceremony took place immediately following the Final between the Netherlands and Spain at Soccer-City in Johannesburg, but Müller was already on board the return flight to Germany with the rest of the Germany squad.

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2010/24031.php?fcb_sid=7b929e24ec809137a7d5982cdf0df4cf

Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by makajibbz(m): 11:39am On Jul 12, 2010
i no even lik the guy.
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Freiburger(m): 11:40am On Jul 12, 2010
makajibbz:

i no even lik the guy.

no b must say u must like am.
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2010
makajibbz:

i no even lik the guy.

becos of what?
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Freiburger(m): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2010
Toba how u day? long time.
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2010
Freiburger:

Toba how u day? long time.

Im fine jare my brother
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by makajibbz(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
toba:

becos of what?
i no see wetin he dey play ni! undecided
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Freiburger(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2010
makajibbz:

i no see wetin he dey play ni! undecided

Becos u no watch any of his matches
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by makajibbz(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2010
Freiburger:

Becos u no watch any of his matches
forget!!! why i no go watch germany? he's just a normal player,nothin amazing!!!
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by mukina2: 5:53pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ toba
you didnt answer me . .
what thread are you talking bout?
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by jesus3: 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2010
cool
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2010
muki this one
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by mukina2: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2010
oh maybe the mod moved it here, twas not me wink
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
mukina2:

oh maybe the mod moved it here, twas not me wink

Ok no problem. Im just looking for the chance to chat with u seems u always run from talking to me prefers the likes of my friend dayokanu and c :Do grin
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by mukina2: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2010
lol but we are hardly on the same threads smiley
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2010
mukina2:

lol but we are hardly on the same threads smiley

henceforth i will always be after u. Since i missed out on damsel Jesoul, i must not miss out on u
smiley cool
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by mukina2: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2010
hmmmm grin grin grin
Re: Up Bayern. Double Honours For Thomas Muller by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2010
I didnt see this thread earlier

Thomas Muller won the young player of the tournament as well as Golden boot at the age of 20.

Some club say they develop young players, where are their players?

(1) (Reply)

Internazionale 1 - 0 Twente Enschede / Hottest Football News Of The Weekend : Mourinho, Fabregas, Odemwingie Etc / Hide Your Face In Shame All Female Posters On Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.