Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Jesus Disappointed Not To Take It - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jesus Disappointed Not To Take It (264 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Disappointed Not To Take It by mindful01: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2018
Manchester City's Gabriel Jesus says he was disappointed not to take his side's late penalty in the goalless Premier League draw at Liverpool on Sunday.
The visitors were awarded a spot-kick in the 85th minute but Riyad Mahrez's effort sailed high over the bar.
City forward Jesus had wanted to take responsibility but manager Pep Guardiola instructed Mahrez to step up.
"I would like to have taken it, I was confident, so I was not happy that they did not allow me," Jesus said.

Mahrez has now failed to score five of his last eight Premier League penalties, while Jesus has missed two of his last three for City. Regular penalty taker Sergio Aguero was off the pitch at the time.
Jesus, who has scored two goals this season, revealed that Guardiola apologised to him after the game.
"Pep spoke with me. This is part of football, sometimes these things happen. I will support Riyad if the manager chooses him again," he said.
Mahrez, who has three goals since joining from Leicester City in the summer, put a brave face on his miss.

"It is part of football, you have to go forward and stay strong. Sometimes you score, sometimes you miss," the Algerian said. "We are not just a team that wants to play and leaves big spaces, but we are a team who want to be strong defensively. It's a good draw and we deserved to win."
The draw leaves City top of the Premier League on 20 points, level with Liverpool and Chelsea.

Source https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45785207
Re: Jesus Disappointed Not To Take It by mindful01: 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala dominique

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Ready To Swap Two Players To Sign Hazard From Chelsea / Liverpool Vs Huddersfield prematch analysis( 26/04/19 ) / Dele Alli Applauds Serge Aurier After Tranmare Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.