Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper (24733 Views)

Moses Olaiya 'Baba Sala' Is Dead / Moses Olaiya Baba Sala Paralyzed By Stroke Days To Biography Presentation / Baba Sala Spotted In Church Amidst Death Controversy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by Buffalo2(m): 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2018
Lamidi Sanni, Ajibike omo oropo. Oko Wosilatu oloju ede, oko Wosi Wonkoko. Orun're e oo. Awon comedian aye niyen not all these dry ones we have around now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by EPIJOE: 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
THIS ARE LEGENDRY COMEDIANS. THIS MAN ROCKED THE 80S.

ONE OF HIS CHILDREN WRECKED HIM BY SHOWING ONE OF HIS GREATEST CINEMA MOVES. ORUN MU ORU.

I WILL FOREVER REMEMBER YOU BABA SAKA.

1 Like

Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by hybraheeem002(m): 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2018
Adieu to Baba Sala. I enjoyed the programme he used to produce on radio stations in Osun state during my service year
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by Adesina18111(m): 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2018
so sad to hear this news but with total submission to the will of God...R.I.P to you Baba Minister-in-Charge of Sacred C &S church idasa No 1 Ilesa Osun state...my sincere condolence goes to the Adejumo's family...You were a blessing for us sir and forever u shall be in our heart Baba...sleep on and rest well Baba...Sun un re oooooo

1 Like

Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by mate10(m): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by datopaper(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
Baba sun re o, I enjoyed your comedy
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by BabaRamota1980: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by frozen70(f): 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2018
The most peaceful way to die,

Rest in peace sir
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
RIP
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by pacificom: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2018
damiloladuke:
One of the children of the late entertainment icon, Emmanuel has narrated how Baba Sala died and according to him, the foremost comedian died in his sleep after taking his supper.

Emmanuel told The Punch that his father, Moses Adejumo, ate his last meal around 6pm and took a rest for a while before he went to bed and died in his sleep.

He stated that Adejumo’s youngest wife, Funmilayo, went to his room to tell him something when she discovered that Baba Sala had died.

He said:

“Baba died last night. He died at 81. I was not there but his wife called the eldest son of the family immediately it happened and that one called me and narrated everything to me. His body had been taken to the mortuary. We will need to hold a meeting before we can fix anytime for his burial. Some of the children are just hearing about it this morning.

“I will miss so many things about my dad. He was a very lively person. He was always advising us even those who were not his biological children, he advised them equally. He would tell you what to do and guide you.

“Though he was not wealthy, he was rich in the knowledge of God and he had a wealth of experience. He would tell us that his own father did not encourage him to be a comedian, that he didn’t have anybody to advise him when he was growing up but he was always guiding us and praying for us.

“He was a prayerful man. He was a Godly person, he never missed morning and evening prayers. If there was anything he was expecting or any trip he wanted to undertake, he would instruct all of us to pray and fast for nothing bad to happen. We all learnt this from him.

“We were together with him two Sundays ago because that day was his Family Harvest Day. He was the minister in charge at the Cherubim and Seraphim Church Idasa but that Sunday was set aside for him as his own family harvest and we were there. After the harvest, we played with him before we departed.

“He was not sick. I was told that he ate last night. He did not die of any sickness. It was just the time for him to go and be with the Lord. One of my younger ones talked to him on the telephone on Saturday and he was okay.

His wife, Iya Rhoda, told me that he ate around 6pm and rested for a while before he entered into his room to lie down on the bed.

“His wife went inside the room to tell him something and she discovered that he was not responding. She started calling him, ‘Chairman, Chairman,’ but no response. She shook him and discovered that he had gone.”

https://lailasnews.com/how-baba-sala-died-son-talks-on-icons-demise-after-taking-supper/

RIP baba Alawada. You are such a special talent the world will never forget.Your legacy lives on. Adieu!
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by Sleekfingers: 12:02am On Oct 09, 2018
Indomie generation Won't know him...

Rip baba
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by Testerfuze(m): 12:03am On Oct 09, 2018
Last supper! R.I.P papa. Your memory lives on forever.
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by golddeejay(m): 12:31am On Oct 09, 2018
slyfoxxjoe:
Who is baba Sala and why does he dress like a clown. No offence please, I'm from Slovakia undecided
You answered your own question. He made a name somewhere in Nigeria acting dressing & acting like a clown.
Re: How Baba Sala Died - Son Talks On Icon's Demise After Taking Supper by golddeejay(m): 12:36am On Oct 09, 2018
I still remember that "Labato Labato under the table" commedy. Chai! Those days...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruggedman With Kolade Johnson’s Family And Lawyer At Magistrate Court (Photos) / Stephanie Okereke-linus Celebrates Her 33rd Birthday Today! / Photos From DJ Cuppy’s Birthday Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.