Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees (26506 Views)

C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years / PSG Suffer Shock Rennes Loss As Messi Misses Target Again / Messi Misses Out On Puskas Award As Zsori's Stunner Seals The Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by rasanseyi29(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2018
hi everyone please I just finished my NATIONAL DIPLOMA(nd) in computer science and I'm in need of a place to do my IT around Osun State please if you have let me know 08104967393, 09032802655, rasanseyi@gmail.com. thank you
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by lloyds(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hazard is the best player in the world ATM hands down.
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by mycar: 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2018
goldenarrow:
Eden HAZARD OUGHT TO BE ON THAT LIST.
He is
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ridiculous list. I am not a Barca fan but Messi simply has to be there or thereabouts. He was phenomenal last season for them .Granted he had a poor world cup but not in the top 10 but Benzema and Firmino areNahh..I am not buying that.
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by Beedude(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
uncleinans:

Bros, last season ba, Cavani did very well even more than Ronaldo. mind you, he won League 1. Ronaldo and Benzima only won Champions league while Messi won Laliga and copa de rel and he was the highest goal scorer in Europe last seasin. this award is for European clubs unlike Fifa that had world cup as part of their points to winning it.
Was Cavani even better than Messi last season? Cavani couldn't even win Ligue 1 best player. No be only Ronaldo dey there. U have to consider other players that did better than Cavani
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by Timmy57(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by hustla(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
Gr8lex:

This your argument doesn't hold water. Just like saying because Sir Alex was at Utd for most of his career, he is not a great coach.

Person wey no get sense
Zlatan Ibrahimovic wey collect for all clubs wey e go, more than 5 clubs, them still no give am world best
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by Beedude(m): 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2018
nairalandbuzz:

How many Cavani dey?
If na same Cavani u mean , den it is impossible
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by hustla(m): 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2018
Lol no Messi. I wonder what weed they have been smoking
Smh
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by seyisolu(m): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2018
It is already without the likes of messi, hazard and navas.
[quote author=MJBOLT post=71899038][color=#006600][right][i]i hope this award wont be stupid like the FIFA Awards
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by tunize(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2018
PROPHETmichael:
At this stage of his career, Messi doesn't need anybody, group of persons, individual or organisation to validate that he's the world best. He has seen the best, he has fought the best and he has beaten the best.
The two of dem have done and contributed their best in the game of soccer messi and ronaldo and trust me bro u said it all cos there's nothing to prove.
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by bizhop01: 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
goldenarrow:
Eden HAZARD OUGHT TO BE ON THAT LIST.

Inconsistent player like Eden HAZARD
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by cexobif: 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2018
MJBOLT:
i hope this award wont be stupid like the FIFA Awards

LEARN TO CREATE SUPERB VISUAL DESIGNS AS PROFESSIONAL GRAPHICS DESIGNER. 100% PRACTICALS! – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from MULTIMEDIA Experts
- Learn how to Create LOGOS, FLYERS, BANNERS and Designs of ANY TYPE
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 09, 2018
Messi doesnt need the balon d or to be acknowledged as the greatest of all time..
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by fams22: 7:01am On Oct 09, 2018
when jungle mature we go know even though FIFA na APC now
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by Iruosonobrugwhe: 8:18am On Oct 09, 2018
allow jokers display foolery in public.

jossey94:
The list is not yet complete. It is a 30-man list being published in Alphabetical order. They have not released the letter "M" yet.
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by chiefolododo(m): 8:28am On Oct 09, 2018
NaijaCelebrity:
Real Madrid and Wales forward Gareth Bale and Manchester City’s Belgium midfielder Kevin De Bruyne were among the first 10 nominees for the Ballon d’Or award announced on Monday.

Bale, who scored two goals in Real’s triumph in the final of the Champions League against Liverpool, joins his club teammate Karim Benzema among the first wave of 30 nominees for the year’s best player.

De Bruyne was nominated for helping his club win the Premier League and his country reach the World Cup semi-finals.

The winner of the prestigious award organized by France Football magazine will be announced on December 3.

Having lost out in the FIFA best player of the year award to Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo takes his place among the 30 nominees for the Ballon d’Or that were being unveiled in stages throughout Monday.

The Juventus forward, currently facing allegations of rape dating back to 2009 that he strenuously denies, has already won the Ballon d’Or five times and is the current holder of the award.

Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero is nominated as is another prolific South American striker, Edinson Cavani of Uruguay and Paris Saint-Germain.

Two goalkeepers are also among the first 10 — Thibaut Courtois of Belgium and Real Madrid and Liverpool and Brazil stopper Alisson Becker.

Liverpool’s Brazilian Roberto Firmino is also nominated and Uruguay’s rugged defender Diego Godin of Atletico Madrid also got the nod.

For the first time, a Ballon d’Or for women players will be awarded this year, with the nominees to be announced later Monday.

In another first, the best under-21 player will receive the Kopa Trophy. Kylian Mbappe, the Paris Saint-Germain striker who burst onto the global scene with his performances as France won the World Cup, is the favorite.

The Ballon d’Or, which was first won by Englishman Stanley Matthews in 1956, is decided by a ballot of journalists from around the world.

First 10 nominees (of 30) for Ballon d’Or

https://www.dailynaija.com/post/bale-de-bruyne-in-first-ballon-dor-nominees
is Allison Becker a tennis player?
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2018
Jaytecq:

This is the first 15man List, another will be added.
Check the names its in alphabetic order of their First names

Thanks bruv
Re: Lionel Messi Misses Out, Bale, De Bruyne In First Ballon D’or Nominees by MiddleDimension: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2018
campusflavour:
您好亲爱的朋友
谁是你亲爱的朋友?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Little Nigerian Wonder Boy Shows Off His Football Skills(Video) / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 / We Play On Empty Stomachs, Borrow Money To Eat — Nigerian Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.