Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

How I Was Beaten For Challenging Ekiti Primaries Result, APC Senatorial Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Beaten For Challenging Ekiti Primaries Result, APC Senatorial Aspirant (225 Views)

Buhari Names Godknows Igali As APC Senatorial Aspirant, Bayelsa / Kogi APC Governorship Primaries Result: Yahaya Bello Won / Presidential Result: APC UK Mocks Atiku With Video Of Atiku Crying, PMB Laughing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Beaten For Challenging Ekiti Primaries Result, APC Senatorial Aspirant by 3Ebisco: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2018
Former Commissioner for Information in Ekiti State, Kayode Otitoju, has narrated how a political thug attacked him at the State Secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) where he had gone to challenge alleged fraud in the Ekiti North Senatorial primaries.

Speaking with journalists on Sunday at the Ajilosun Office of the party after submitting his protest letter, Otitoju alleged that there were no primaries held in Ekiti North .

Senator Olubunmi Adetumbi said to have polled 21,763 in the controversial direct primaries has been declared winner by the Dr Ibrahim Sule-led APC Senatorial Primary Committee in the State, on Friday.

“The electoral officers came to Ikole that day and when they heard that some people were shooting, they took cover at the Area
Commander’s office and by the time normalcy returned around 4 pm, heavy rain started and the officers returned to Ado Ekiti.

“When I saw that they were going, I gave them a hot chase to our Secretariat and I lodged a complaint with the Committee’s Chairman and the State Chairman of our party, Barrister Paul Omotoso. I was even slapped by a thug for daring to stay to confront the panel. Two journalists who tried to interview me were also beaten and their phones and iPad were smashed.

Three House of Representatives aspirants from the district; Bimbo Daramola, Bunmi Ogunleye and Femi Ajayi, had on Saturday expressed similar protest, saying the election was allegedly manipulated by the committee sent from Abuja to conduct the primary, in cahoots with politicians and security agencies.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/how-i-was-beaten-for-challenging-ekiti.html

Re: How I Was Beaten For Challenging Ekiti Primaries Result, APC Senatorial Aspirant by slivertongue: 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2018
APC is now crisis ridden. violence has become a tool in d hands of dia supporters who use it 2neutralize dia opponents

(1) (Reply)

School Girls Beaten In India �� For Confronting Sexual Harassers � / Kaduna: Thousands Of Sacked LG Workers Drag El-rufai Govt To Court / FG Raises $177m For Ogoni Cleanup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.