Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect (20208 Views)

Opposition Candidate Felix Tshisekedi Has Won DR Congo's Presidential Election / Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Him Self President-elect - Jomotv.com / Opposition Candidate Leads In Sierra Leone With 75% Result Declared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by 9Ebiscoo: 4:42am On Oct 09, 2018
Cameroon opposition candidate, Maurice Kamto, has claimed victory in the presidential election, declaring yesterday that ‘we have achieved our goal’. Greeted by screams from his supporters as he made the announcement, Kamto, who leads the Movement for the Rebirth of Cameroon (MRC), called on President Paul Biya to hand over power peacefully.

“I invite the outgoing president to organise a peaceful way to transfer power,” he told a news conference in the capital Yaounde, giving no results to justify his claim. The election was widely expected to extend the rule of Biya, one of Africa’s last multi decade leaders who have held power for 36 years. “My mission was to take a penalty. I did it and I scored,” Kamto said to chants of “freedom” by jubilant supporters in a courtyard.

He offered no evidence to justify his claim to have won. Minister of Territorial Administration Paul Atanga Nji said on Sunday that only the Constitutional Council would be allowed to announce results, and that any form of challenge to the verdict would “not be tolerated”. Six million voters went to the polls to elect president against a backdrop of unprecedented violence in the country’s English-speaking regions.

Biya, 85, faces an attempt by the opposition parties to forge a unified front under Maurice Kamto, leader of the Movement for the Rebirth of Cameroon (MRC). Biya has been in power since 1982, making him one of Africa’s longest-serving rulers.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/cameroon-opposition-candidate-declares.html

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Nukilia: 5:04am On Oct 09, 2018
Another deluded country! cheesy grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by GOFRONT(m): 5:28am On Oct 09, 2018
Only for their personal pocket

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by kapelvej: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2018
I do not know why the west has remained mute about Cameron and Paul biya. Well I believe it is bcause Cameron is being controlled by France

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 09, 2018
Another shit hole country cheesy check my signature I buy Gift Card and Bitcoin

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by englishmart(m): 6:02am On Oct 09, 2018
this is my first time of hearing of Cameroon election

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by miqos02(m): 6:03am On Oct 09, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by olanrewaju99(m): 6:03am On Oct 09, 2018
African mentality and all these are just for their pockets. God will deliver us one-day.

7 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by lonelydora: 6:03am On Oct 09, 2018
Chai... They may arrest him.

MKO Abiola comes to mind

Meanwhile,

Africa/Blackman is not cursed. The problem is the difficulty in changing our thought process. When you have a faulty thinking process, it will lead to problems. Transformation starts with the mind

7 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by bayelsaowei(m): 6:05am On Oct 09, 2018
African rulers and there insatiable want for power... useless...

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by OlaAshawo: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2018
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by ALImaza48(m): 6:06am On Oct 09, 2018
hmmm AFRICA

check my signature
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Sektor101(m): 6:07am On Oct 09, 2018
Nawao.
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by LadySarah: 6:07am On Oct 09, 2018
Oga Biya,did you forget something in that palace?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by massive1019(m): 6:07am On Oct 09, 2018
That's what power does, it intoxicate some. That's why I will forever praise Ebele Jonathan, though he too doesn't want to accept defeat then. All the same, I pray for Cameroon to be liberated from this man called Biya.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by alsudaes1(m): 6:09am On Oct 09, 2018
Paul Biya, 36 years as President or as a King shocked

He still wants more despite being 85 years old

Oh Africa undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by temptnow: 6:12am On Oct 09, 2018
The funny thing be sey them nova count the vote finish my guy don declare himself winner

8 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by BigBrother9ja: 6:15am On Oct 09, 2018
Paul is a greedy bastard

He should be ousted like mugabe

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by whytediamond(m): 6:15am On Oct 09, 2018
E
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by BigBrother9ja: 6:18am On Oct 09, 2018
kapelvej:
I do not know why the west has remained mute about Cameron and Paul biya. Well I believe it is bcause Cameron is being controlled by France
And West u meant is USA?

Olódo too full nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by KOLLYPROF(m): 6:18am On Oct 09, 2018
Better don't kill yourself like that of MKO
Look before you leap
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by boss1310(m): 6:19am On Oct 09, 2018
the man Biya is an example of how evil the heart of man can be,after being handed power by an ailing Ahmadou Ahidjo in the 80's he has refused to let go chasing the latter out of the country where he later died in France .he murdered many political enemies and still held on to power
The Cameroonians should come together and stone that man out of office.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 09, 2018
They should give him Mugabe treatment na. There must be a very untapped reasons God created this Africa. Everything is just strange to the core.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by KpagoGIN(m): 6:24am On Oct 09, 2018
lonelydora:
Chai... They may arrest him.

MKO Abiola comes to mind

Meanwhile,

Africa/Blackman is not cursed. The problem is the difficulty in changing our thought process. When you have a faulty thinking process, it will lead to problems. Transformation starts with the mind
You just repeated your self by quoting the first line...... When a man is cursed it the mind /thought process that gets affected, in which way you look at it that curse seems evident. But still stand to be corrected

5 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by calddon(m): 6:24am On Oct 09, 2018
Things are going on in Cameroon, serious violence there. World Press is overlooking the story.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by bdchange(m): 6:24am On Oct 09, 2018
Africans with lust for power is entangled in our blood and mentality. Don't we have it here in Nigeria where a senator wants to continue to be in that seat for over 10yrs now forgetting that there are people in his constituency who are also capable of being in that position. Black man with black sense

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 09, 2018
massive1019:
That's what power does, it intoxicate some. That's why I will forever praise Ebele Jonathan, though he too doesn't want to accept defeat then. All the same, I pray for Cameroon to be liberated from this man called Biya.
I commend Jonathan for calling Buhari but I will never talk about praising him for accepting defeat. He had no machinery to fight even if he wanted to reject the result. The powers that be will crush him, even a more powerful Obasanjo labored in vain when he tried to anchor the third time agenda.

Nigeria is still better and exposed than some African countries, there are some things that can’t happen in Nigeria. Even tho we are still in the shackles of self inflicted slavery by our politicians

7 Likes

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by chily11: 6:25am On Oct 09, 2018
Atiku should emulate this, if not he is wasting his time thinking of free and fair election.
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 09, 2018
kapelvej:
exactly what I have been wondering. You never hear any news about Cameroon on CNN or other Western media networks despite the civil war that's been happening there for months. But yeah, I think it's because it's in fact a puppet state of France.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by israelmao(m): 6:32am On Oct 09, 2018
Greedy African leaders!
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Cumtroller: 6:33am On Oct 09, 2018
Power is Taken. Not given.
Re: Cameroon Opposition Candidate Declares Self President-elect by Ikpewe: 6:35am On Oct 09, 2018
ATIKU WILL ALSO DECLEAR HIMSELF PRESIDENT ELECT AFTER LOSING TO ATIKU.

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S Supreme Court Allows The Release Of Trump's Tax Returns / Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM / Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.