Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

APC Imposes Anointed Candidate, Deny Actress, Funke Adesiyan Her Mandate In Oyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Imposes Anointed Candidate, Deny Actress, Funke Adesiyan Her Mandate In Oyo (403 Views)

El-Rufai: Buhari Was Shocked When Lawan Was Named APC Anointed Candidate (Video) / El-Rufai’s Team Where Anointed Candidate Will Be Picked From Unveiled / 2023: Udom Presents Umo Eno As ‘God Anointed’ Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Imposes Anointed Candidate, Deny Actress, Funke Adesiyan Her Mandate In Oyo by exlink10(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2018
APC Impose Another Anointed Candidate And Deny Actress, Funke Adesiyan Who Won The Ticket In Oyo State

What is happening in Nigeria, especially to APC? What is this system of imposition of "anointed candidate"? I thought we are still in democratic rule in Nigeria? Was former President, GEJ right about APC when he said and I quote "the choice before you is freedom and slavery, chose wisely"? The APC have turned out to be exactly what Goodluck Jonathan saw before he made the above statement during 2015 elections.

The ruling All Progressing Party, APC is turning out to something that resembles the royal or autocratic system of government. This is happening in their party and many people will feel: well is not in the real system, so they can do whatever they want in their party. But we forget that this is violation of the laws of Nigeria which established the party in the first place.

It seems that the primary election, which was set out by law as to how any party in Nigeria should select the candidate to represent then is not being adhered to in APC anymore. What is concurrent to the party right now is the imposition of candidates against the will of the people. We have seen this manifest in Daura, Taraba, Imo and the latest, in Oyo State.

Daura residents protested few day ago of how Buhari's nephew was imposed on them against their will, Imo State followed suit and Aisha aka Mama Taraba was denied the opportunity to contest for Governorship election in her state for no reason which prompted her to resign her appointment as a minister and subsequently dump APC party.

The scariest part of this trend is that almost all the candidates who have their mandate taken away from them by force can't even muster the zeal to challenge the party and take them to court. I say again, what is happening? It seems Ahmed Tinubu does not only want to become the political God of Nigeria but he wants to be the king of Nigeria who anoints and impose any candidate he want regardless of what people want. This is bad bad bad business for Nigeria who has come along way on democracy.

We have seen this happen in Lagos in the case of Ambode, an incumbent governor i might add, we have seen the outright rigging of Ekiti State and Osun State election and the Shehu Sani saga, and the actress saga in Oyo State.

The Nollywood actresss, after duly buying nomination form and contesting for Ibadan South East ticket for House of Assembly, also duly declared winner by the APC had her mandate forcefully taken away from her and given to the so called anointed candidate and it baffles me that he can't go to court to retrieve the mandate back.

Take a look at that statement she releaseed regarding the incident.

“We have come to the end of a long journey. A very rigorous and eventful one. The people of Ibadan South East 2 have spoken. They spoke loudly and clearly. The journey of the last one year has been halted, and I thank you all for standing by me. For believing in my vision and for throwing your weight behind me in critical moments. I will never take this significant support for granted. The primary election has come and gone and I have been made to believe and accept the outcome in good fate.

“While I am not quite happy that my hard-earned mandate was taken from me, as this stands against the principle with which I stand for, I can’t go against the wish of our great party, All Progressives Congress (APC). I can’t understand why people, who bought forms sold at exorbitant prices, went for primaries and emerged winners only to be told that their names had been swapped for other anointed candidates. One may be tempted to ask why we had primaries in the first place if the party’s hidden agenda was to impose candidates?

“This is one old injustice that has continued to dwarf the progress and entrenchment of internal democracy, one that has denied many people the full blessings of fulfilling their ambition politically. There is no better evidence of this than the brazen act of injustice that forced me to surrender my mandate. I urge all my supporters not to be wary as this is a phase that will soon pass. Today, I hold in my heart nothing but love for my people as I call on you all to not despair of our present difficulties but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of our party (APC), Oyo State and Nigeria because nothing is inevitable here.”

“I implore you all to go all out and vote for the APC in the 2019 general election and ensure that we record a resounding victory. Thank you and God bless Oyo state.

I ask again, why are this people not seeking for court injunction and face on this ungodly matters. What blackmail are APC using on their candidates? This is indeed bad for Nigeria.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/10/apc-impose-another-anointed-candidate.html?m=1

cc mynd44 lalasticlala missyb3 obinoscopy

Re: APC Imposes Anointed Candidate, Deny Actress, Funke Adesiyan Her Mandate In Oyo by Topccy007z: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2018
Her village people have decided to attend to her file
Re: APC Imposes Anointed Candidate, Deny Actress, Funke Adesiyan Her Mandate In Oyo by blackboy(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2018
It's a common thing in APC , especially SW and Lagos in particular. Lai Muhammad's son and Oba of Lagos son and even KWAM1s daughter are beneficiary of all this
Re: APC Imposes Anointed Candidate, Deny Actress, Funke Adesiyan Her Mandate In Oyo by Nbote(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2018
From d North to d East to d West and down South, APC seems to be imposing candidates everywhere dey have held primaries so far... Now we know how and why PMB came out unopposed

(1) (Reply)

Shell MD Others Jailed For Disobeying Court Order. vanguard / No Evidence To Prove Nnamdi Kanu Is In Jerusalem- Israeli Govt Says / Jafar Arrives Kano 2 Meet Lawmakers OVer His Bribery Allegations Against Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.