Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Diego Maradona Opens Up On His Drug Addiction - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Maradona Opens Up On His Drug Addiction (306 Views)

Diego Maradona Hospitalized After Finger Salute In Argentina's Win Over Nigeria / Diego Maradona Before Argentina Game Vs After Argentina Game Yesterday(photos) / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diego Maradona Opens Up On His Drug Addiction by queenonyebiri1(f): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Legendary footballer Diego Maradona was never one to mince words, be it about Lionel Messi's form with the Argentina football team, supposedly unfair refereeing or his personal life, which comes under the spotlight more often than not.

This time around, the 1986 FIFA World Cup-winning captain has opened up about the cocaine addiction phase that had once left his career in a lurch.

In an interview with Spanish news outlet Infobae (a translated version of which was later carried on English website The Sun), Maradona expressed his concern over drugs affecting all parts of the Argentinian society and drifted back into time with a tinge of regret.

Speaking about the bygone phase, and thinking what opinion people form about him, he said:

"They could say a lot things, but since I got over the illness (addiction) 15 years ago, they talk about doping. I want to explain that when I was taking drugs, it was a step backwards and what a footballer has to do is move forwards. Everything stopped because of my daughters, I came to Mexico to work."

Maradona, who is currently managing second-tier Mexican side Dorados, also opened up about how the malaise drug addiction still grips the Argentine society.

Click the link to keep reading: https://www.queensmail.com/2018/10/diego-maradona-opens-up-on-his-drug.html

[url]QUEENSMAIL.COM[/url]

Re: Diego Maradona Opens Up On His Drug Addiction by slivertongue: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
SAY NO TO DRUGS...it destroys body, soul, spirit & talents

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Petr Cech Will Start Against Blackpool In League Cup / EPL Saturday'sWrap: Foyth Scores 1st Goal To Give Spurs Win; Leicester City Draw / Free 100% Sure Games For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.