Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required (73362 Views)

How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types. / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by IrokoOluwere: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Chisaedhor:
Buhari can no do this maths na

This was why he left school oo
Lame

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by bejick(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
clefstone:
all these stuff are just theory in a sense. You can know all the formular and all but you will never be able to get the estimation right.
1. How will u climb and measure the lengths
2. There is what they call cut and use. The experienced roofer uses this to save material.

Best bet is to get quotations from at least 3 roofing contractors and go for the cheapest but don't compromise on quality sha

NB I'm speaking from experience

truth talk, this will only work a beat for step tile roofing sheet for long span it is a no no,
cos their many other things like the ridges, the v shapes bends how do you calculate that.
those labourer must chop you raw. That is why the labour for fixing it is always low.
from experience even as an engineer doing my personal project.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by deolumike(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2018
Roofing a building can be a huge task. You need to luck to find a considerate dealer who is honest and who has a vast knowledge of the market.
I have a company that offers the best quality in terms of variety and prices of processed planks, wood and timber for roofing and all carpentry work.
We have
• MAHOGANY
• IROKO
• OPEPE
• MALINER
• AYINRE
• IRE
• ITARA
• SOMIDOLORO etc.
Please call 08035659820 to speak directly with main dealer. You may send a mail to deolumike@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Johntemmy(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
Good calculation.

get your strong hardwood for your building at lowest and affordable price. call or WhatsApp me on 07060795767.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by RobbStark(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
ba7man:
You obviously know nothing.

ba7man, it's been a while I haven't heard from you promoting Pa Buhari. What happened?
Has the zombie serum being purged from you.
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
karlswizzy:
op are you a quantity surveyor. nice job

Architect
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by taretoofine(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
this is what makes me think nairaland is unique, not ceecee did that, roman goddess did this.God bless Atiku!

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by AreaFada2: 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
Good thread.

One of the reasons I like simple dimensions in building. Roof calculation is easier.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by dododawa1: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Signed

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by mastech1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
@op kindly confirm or explain if this calculation can be used to quantify the no or size if nigerite slate were to be used.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Abbesuper123(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nice one OP, I'm a quantity surveyor and I like what you did there, it's educative � �

2 Likes

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Omonaijani: 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by idfact0404(m): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nice one, but with ur soft analysis you av to consider some complex roof designs. On til you get on top of d roof b/4 you can give comprehensive details or accurate measurement. cool

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by pawpzman: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
As an architect I give u a 99/100, its a basic trigonometry calculation though.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
mastech1:
@op kindly confirm or explain if this calculation can be used to quantify the no or size if nigerite slate were to be used.

I've done that calculation in a separate post here >> https://www.nairaland.com/4256068/how-calculate-quantity-cost-asbestors

you can find more, just follow or check my old post
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Abbesuper123:
Nice one OP, I'm a quantity surveyor and I like what you did there, it's educative � �

thanks sir... appreciate
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by kingjoe(m): 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
rhektor:

Eave angles as well as other flashing will consume materials it must also be provided for
in addition to flashing ,roofing sheets overlap each other so it also put into consideration.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
idfact0404:
Nice one, but with ur soft analysis you av to consider some complex roof designs. On til you get on top of d roof b/4 you can give comprehensive details or accurate measurement. cool

there is no roof that can't be estimated b4 its built - I understand your point but don't forget QS give roof estimates even before the building start? how do they do it?

obviously, its possible

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Sammy1932(m): 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2018
Very educative and informative post.
But if you're looking forward to roofing your home, here are few things you'd need to know about modern roofing tiles;

Before thinking of roofing your building, get to know more about modern roofing tiles..

Roofing brings out the beauty of any buildings.

STONE COATED CHIPS:
STONE COATED STEEL ROOF TILES is a special type of roofing. It is made with metal and steel. The metal is coated with stone chips and attached to the steel with acrylic.
Advantages of using stone coated chips:
*High economic efficiency.
*Wind resistance
* Nature and variety of colors.
*Simplicity & lightness of structure.
*Climate friendly.
*Semi permanent durability.
*Fire resistance
*Good noise absorption.
*Heat resistance and durable .
*Second hand value.

For more info....
*Manufacturers*Suppliers*Professional installations.

zero eight one three seven six two seven two one zero.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
rhektor:

Eave angles as well as other flashing will consume materials it must also be provided for

Eave, Flashing are not necessarily done with roofing sheets, the topic is on roofing sheets only.... I can decide to use asbestos, pvc etc for the eave so it doesn't apply here.

Thanks - what I omitted are the flashing. ridge cap etc because the thread wld become too long and complex to understand....

my targets are not professionals but those building their individual houses with little resources.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by coliboyswag: 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
saydfact:
HOW TO CALCULATE THE TRUE LENGTH OF C IN R1 (diagram 1,2,3 above) also see attached diagram below

From the Architectural Drawings you can get the HEIGTH AND BREATH OF THE ROOF, what the drawings won't tell you is C (I dimensioned it thou for learning purpose in the attached diagram)

USING TRIGONOMETRY A² + B² = C²
= 4.2² + 4.5² = C²
= 17.64 + 20.25 = C²
C² = 37.89

C = Root of 37.89
C = 6.15548

C = 6.155 (same with the dimension from AutoCAD)

Thanks

bro pls what if u entrance is facing ur left or right side of ur floor plan can this type of roof gud for it
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
coliboyswag:
bro pls what if u entrance is facing ur left or right side of ur floor plan can this type of roof gud for it

yes... with proper planning
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by ba7man(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
RobbStark:

ba7man, it's been a while I haven't heard from you promoting Pa Buhari.
What happened?

Has the zombie serum being purged from you.

Let me promote my bank account first.

Buhari is in a fresh location right now far from Nigerian issues and his generation is made.

Make I follow suit.

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by coliboyswag: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
saydfact:

The left and right elevation is longer than the front and back
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
coliboyswag:
The left and right elevation is longer than the front and back

share the plan - for clarity

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by coliboyswag: 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
saydfact:

How can i now then make the roof like urs now
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by coliboyswag: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
saydfact:

share the plan - for clarity
this is it

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by saydfact(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
coliboyswag:
this is it

sorry, the roof design can't work on this.
thanks
Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by jozee8: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
When you calculate it finish you will go and buy it then nail it yourself kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Anacondaprick: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: How To Practically Calculate The Quantity (m2) Of Roofing Sheet Required by Okbaba: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
This will rather create problem because the actual quantity will be more than what you get from that calculation. You have not considered laps and waste. A quantity surveyor is a professional on construction quantity; always engage their services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Lady Poses In Her Flooded Home In Yaba / DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION Of A 2 BEDROOM & 1 BEDROOM BUNGALOW(semi-de)IN LUGBE ABUJA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.