Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 (1607 Views)

Foreign Used American Dodge Charger 2018 Model*SOLD* / Used American Spec Cars Blow Out Sale !!!!! / What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
Greetings nairalanders, am Winners Kwesi and just joined nairaland
Please i really need advice and suggestions on what to look for on a naija used honda accord 2001 that am about to purchase here in Abuja... the seller said its american spec and leg has never pulled out before plus its a v6 engine, he mentioned something about changing one of the engine seating (he said its a rubber of #3,500) pls i need ur advice and suggestions
Is this ride strong and fuel efficient on bad road and for part time taxi?... thats the engine pix, he saod its new engine

Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
Pls i await your lead gurus
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by eRex(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Its a good car..
buy fuel . drive for a long distance.. if the gear does not misbehave... #good
Leg issues can be treated although i have used and still using different baby boy and have never change a ball joint or have it pulled before.
fuel is economical in as much as the catalyst has not be tampered with.
generally- it a strong car... i honestly love to to my 4 plug cos it moves with fierce ..
AC is a goal.
Good buy if the price is right.

1 Like

Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Sir Erax, thanks so much.... can it bear rough roads?, and how do u see that engine?
I am really skeptical concerning fuel consuption cos its v6 and last thing if the catalyst is tampered can it be rectified for future use? And how much is the gear box pls
He also told me the AC is awesome
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by eRex(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
i stay in the "worstest" of road in ikorodu Lagos.... thebigkendo can attest to that (he also uses a Honda DC). our honda have withstand abuse from road sha.
I am confident in it anyday anytime.

As for Catalyst it can be replaced if it has been removed but i dont know if it performance(consumption) will be same as standard. we should ask the prof in the house.
One thing i know if it alright you might almost not feel the difference btw the 4plug and the 6 plug consumption wise.
Plus you will getting more power from the drive of the v6 engine....
unlike my 4plug embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by thebigkendo(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
eRex:
Its a good car..
buy fuel . drive for a long distance.. if the gear does not misbehave... #good
Leg issues can be treated although i have used and still using different baby boy and have never change a ball joint or have it pulled before.
fuel is economical in as much as the catalyst has not be tampered with.
generally- it a strong car... i honestly love to to my 4 plug cos it moves with fierce ..
AC is a goal.
Good buy if the price is right.

If I talk now.. One demeanor with Futo for his name go tackle me grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by thebigkendo(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
eRex:
i stay in the "worstest" of road in ikorodu Lagos.... thebigkendo can attest to that (he also uses a Honda DC). our honda have withstand abuse from road sha.
I am confident in it anyday anytime.

As for Catalyst it can be replaced if it has been removed but i dont know if it performance(consumption) will be same as standard. we should ask the prof in the house.
One thing i know if it alright you might almost not feel the difference btw the 4plug and the 6 plug consumption wise.
Plus you will getting more power from the drive of the v6 engine....
unlike my 4plug embarassed embarassed embarassed

Oga i dunno you..I stay in banana Island angry angry angry angry

Alakoba

1 Like

Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks Sir
Waiting for more suggestions...
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Pls Sir Erex and honda users, the engine in the picture
What are the features and is it okay?
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by thebigkendo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kwesigodspower:
Greetings nairalanders, am Winners Kwesi and just joined nairaland
Please i really need advice and suggestions on what to look for on a naija used honda accord 2001 that am about to purchase here in Abuja... the seller said its american spec and leg has never pulled out before plus its a v6 engine, he mentioned something about changing one of the engine seating (he said its a rubber of #3,500) pls i need ur advice and suggestions
Is this ride strong and fuel efficient on bad road and for part time taxi?... thats the engine pix, he saod its new engine

Don't do it Bro.. V6 & taxi don't mix

1 Like

Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by thebigkendo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kwesigodspower:
Pls Sir Erex and honda users, the engine in the picture
What are the features and is it okay?

The engine in the picture look abused.. But a physical inspection will tell a better story..
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Can i change the engine to a v4 engine, if yes
How much is the full engine?
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
And pls what is the engine seating?
He said i will change it, he said its just a rubber of #3,500
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by thebigkendo(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kwesigodspower:

Village people are after you grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by thebigkendo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kwesigodspower:

Bros just leave the car and look for a 4 cylinder engine..

Unless you want to become and apprentice mechanic grin grin then go ahead with the engine swap..it's more than just changing engine
You will need to change
- Engine
-Transmission
- Brainbox,
- Wiring harness
- Modification for engine seat
- Exhaust

Diportivo come complete this list for me
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
How much can i likely get a nigerian used v4 honda accord 2001 in Abuja?
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by radautoworks: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

Unless you want to become and apprentice mechanic grin grin then go ahead with the engine swap..it's more than just changing engine
You will need to change
- Engine
-Transmission
- Brainbox,
- Wiring harness
- Exhaust

Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by eRex(m): 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

Don't do it Bro.. V6 & taxi don't mix

Hian..... The bros say na part time taxi na.... Although me can't judge the engine from here...
+ I need to ask if this your first car... If yes... Abeg leave the v6
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by eRex(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kwesigodspower:
And pls what is the engine seating?
He said i will change it, he said its just a rubber of #3,500

Engine seat chikili money.... Workmanship for mech to change the seat.... Issa banger...
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by eRex(m): 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kwesigodspower:

Don't bother... Simply look for a 4 plug engine.. You will ruin yourself/pocket in the process of changing it
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by eRex(m): 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
thebigkendo:

Oga i dunno you..I stay in banana Island angry angry angry angry

Alakoba

Ehennnn..... Is that what they call our place now.... Issokay oo..

Pls o.. Thebigkendo stays Banana while I stay on the island oo

Hmm but we are not always around so u may not find us there....
Abi??
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by deavicky(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kwesigodspower:
Jesus!!!!!!!!!! Convert car, U want die?. Leave that Honda it is not for starters like u. Look for Camry 1996 I'm sure that would serve u better.
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by diportivo: 6:17am On Oct 10, 2018
thebigkendo:

You will need to change
- Engine
-Transmission
- Brainbox,
- Wiring harness
- Exhaust

u have not added headache

high blood pressure

sleepless night

malaria symptoms etc to the list o angry

eRex:

Pls o.. Thebigkendo stays Banana while I stay on the island oo

Hmm but we are not always around so u may not find us there....
Abi??

with the distance of swimming required to get to ur area

we can agree that it's on the island truly grin

as for kwesi

if it's just to own and cruise around...enjoy ur ride

if taxi is involved,e go hard small o...except maybe u just wanna carry people on ur route whenever u are in transit....altho,it's not like it consumes fuel like a Mack truck.i own a V6 exactly the same colour like yours and I know say the fuel consumption no too bad

AC na actual cold room in disguise grin

if it's ur first car,the power will intoxicate u.....if u handle corolla like dis,na swear u go dey swear for the owner grin
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by thebigkendo(m): 8:06am On Oct 10, 2018
diportivo:

with the distance of swimming required to get to ur area

we can agree that it's on the island truly grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7542551_img20180809081525_jpegc357a37512a0fb03d15abd46ef2ab95e
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
Thank you all for your words and advice
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by oladipuposadeeq(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2018
Sincerely it's better u go for a 4 plugs because it's easier to maintain but if u have checked it thoroughly and u have ascertained that the engine and gear is in superb condition and if the price is favorable I mean extremely favorable that if the vehicle develops certain issue in future u will be able to go back to the money left and use it for repair else don't go for it.

1 Like

Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2018
Thanks so much guys, i got the car abt 3 weeks ago and its so awesome, i just need change tyres and side mirrorm the engine is very fresh, the car flies
The only challenge is that it consumes fuel fast, pls is there anything that can be done to control the fuel consumption? Pls what engine oil is recommended for the car (honda accord 2001 v6)
I want to change the oil pls...
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by aninweze(m): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
How much did you get the car?
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by tiger2080: 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
baby boy the best car when it come to fuel economy. the speed na fire for fire.The a.c na cold room,mortuary standard.I really enjoy my baby boy with freezing a.c.@ poster did u check the catalyst. hope rust no they ur car if not na one chance be that.check the price u got it an add all the things u fix in the car to no if it worth it or not.
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
Got it at #300k, the seat belt he told me abt, i have been using it without it
Just yesterday i remembered, pls what engine oil is good for the car? Its v6 and its really discouraging me with consumption of fuel, other than that the baby is start and fly...
Pls i need the recommended engine oil and price in Abuja
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by Kwesigodspower: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
@tiger2020
Fuel economy? I guess u refering to the v4 version, mine is v6 and consumes alot of fuel
Re: What To Look Out For While Buying A Naija Used American Honda Accord 2001 by eRex(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
Kwesigodspower:
@tiger2020
Fuel economy? I guess u refering to the v4 version, mine is v6 and consumes alot of fuel

perhaps you should scan the car

(1) (2) (Reply)

2008 Toyota Camry Sport With 18inch Wheels,2.350m only / Accura Zdx For Sale At Give Away Price / 2014 Toyota Avalon Limited Edition Tokunbo For Sale Full Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.