Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,066 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Mind Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mind Of Christ (241 Views)

Facts About Celestial Church Of Christ / A White Man Slays In Celestial Church Of Christ White Garment... / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mind Of Christ by pressplay411(m): 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
This new thread was inspired from my comment on another thread by Hier.
I pray it ministers to us all.

Title: The Mind Of Christ

Song Ministration: Change Me- Tamela Mann

Fundamental Truth:
I am a spirit, with a soul and I live inside a body.
Our true self is our spirit.

The Message:
In the beginning, God created man, and we were Perfect. We were perfect just like Him until our disobedience.
When Adam and Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, truly as God warned them, they died. Because God is not man, that He should lie.
But their death was not the type we are familiar with as humans.
It was a spiritual death.

Jesus Christ categorised all who were not his disciples as being dead.
Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”
Luke 9:60

When we come into Christ, we are resurrected from death. Our spirits awaken.

But our soul (mind, thoughts) is the same.
Our soul has only been exposed to the desires of the flesh all our lives, hence it is so carnal (flesh-controlled).

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Romans 8:8

The human soul without the Holyspirit makes one dead even though he's alive physically.
Just as when God created Adam, he created him as a soul. But until God breathed His Spirit inside Adam did he become a Living Soul.

Which is why a Christian does not notice any physical changes when he gives his life to Christ by the Confession prayer. It is a spiritual rebirth. To be Born-again.

Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:5-6
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Now the man becomes both a spiritual man and a carnal man. The carnality is because of the things we have exposed our minds (soul) to all our lives.
It now becomes a journey, of renewing and transforming our minds through the Holy Spirit by replacing our old beliefs and thoughts to the Word of God. Our opinions become shaped by what the Word of God says, not what we have been exposed to by our cultures, hearsays, education, etc.
This is the Way of Faith.
This is how Faith comes.

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Romans 10:17

As we keep replacing our old thoughts with the word of God, this fills our souls (mind and thoughts) and builds in us the Belief and Conviction in the Word of God and consequently builds our spirit.

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

The goal is for our minds to be transformed into the mind of Christ.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 2:5

We have to keep yielding to the Holy Spirit and not our old inclinations of the flesh.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:14-16

Now to conclude, Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
The more of the Word we have inside our minds, the more of Christ-likeness we are being transformed into. The more of the image and glory of God we become.
This does not mean, reading all of the bible. This is by the Holy Spirit leading us, teaching us and giving us understanding and Rhema of the Word of God.

18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:18

Peace, Mercy and Grace to us all in Jesus name.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Mind Of Christ by Hier(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nice thread sir, I saw this recently, it says

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

One awesome thing about the time is the cross referencing, in so many part of the gospel, we see verses such as, that it might be fulfilled that which was spoken by a Prophet long ago. I love it whenever I read the books of Acts, I believe that where the blueprint of Christianity is, how the Church today should live their life. Acts 7 is one of my favorite, together with Acts 10(Evangelism) and Acts 19 (Discipleship) He said, make disciples of all nations, I have learnt so much by asking questions. I don't know if you would find that information helpful, why I said them, I cannot tell.

1 Like

Re: Mind Of Christ by pressplay411(m): 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hier:
Nice thread sir, I saw this recently, it says

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

One awesome thing about the time is the cross referencing, in so many part of the gospel, we see verses such as, that it might be fulfilled that which was spoken by a Prophet long ago. I love it whenever I read the books of Acts, I believe that where the blueprint of Christianity is, how the Church today should live their life. Acts 7 is one of my favorite, together with Acts 10(Evangelism) and Acts 19 (Discipleship) He said, make disciples of all nations, I have learnt so much by asking questions. I don't know if you would find that information helpful, why I said them, I cannot tell.

Thanks sir.
I'll study and meditate on them, and pray for understanding.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Stop Praying / Keep Your Pvc, But It's Time To Pray / Are You Making A “GOOD” Or A “GOD” Choice To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.