Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,283 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" (29675 Views)

Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions / Wayne Rooney Has Retired From International Football. / Wayne Rooney Taunts Same Angry Man City Fans - 5 Years Apart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by xfactor23: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2018
Blabbermouth:

Wetin Pele do sef
Abeg jare na just hype
3 world cups abi
Where he had world class players along with him
For ur information sef he was not even d best player in any of the tournament and not the highest goal scorer sef...

Its like allowing real Madrid+ronaldo or Barcelona+Messi to go and play world cup
U sabi how many dem go don win
Youtube Pele videos and see for yourself. Pele was the engine room of the entire Brazilian team, plus Santos. About 70% of his playtime was not capture on camera. And don't forget he was just a midfielder... Bro, Pele is the real GOAT... Most players, copy his original invention in style of play today. Mesi does not come near Pele in any form, a master of both feet, a complete player. Nobody has beaten his records bro. Just use Youtube my friend, and clear your doubt.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Olumeme: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2018
No doubt. Messi is the best player ever!
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by KwoiZabo(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2018
blakid:
Those still arguing this fact are only blinded by love they have for CR7. If u are a footballer and understand the concept of the game, you will realise that it takes the best to dominate from the midfield and still score as much goals as Messi does. #MessiissaGenius
*as much as Ronaldo does
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by lexzyy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
Umueme:
...i did not want to comment but took a second look at the name and.....
Excuse me,but what does an international flop like Rooney know about football?

For Messi i dont have much to say except "he should try going to another club like Ronaldo did and lets see how he copes there..."

But what do i know....
#MyOpinion
I don't av d strength to argue but how dare you say rooney the highest goal scorer in manchester utd history doesn't know anything about football, pls for the love of God u need to modify this ur comment
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Lefty500: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
KwoiZabo:
*as much as Ronaldo does
F
Google is your friend, Messi has more goals and assists than Ronaldo in the last 10 years.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
xfactor23:

Youtube Pele videos and see for yourself. Pele was the engine room of the entire Brazilian team, plus Santos. About 70% of his playtime was not capture on camera. And don't forget he was just a midfielder... Bro, Pele is the real GOAT... Most players, copy his original invention in style of play today. Mesi does not come near Pele in any form, a master of both feet, a complete player. Nobody has beaten his records bro. Just use Youtube my friend, and clear your doubt.

Since 70% of Pele's playtime was not captured how could u judge from the 30% available assuming u have seen all of it that Pele is the real goat,talking of records I hope u recognize that during Pele's time their was no offsides,imagine how many goals Lionel messi would have scored if the offside rule didn't exist,in my opinion Pele is highly recognized because of his performances at the world cup after all how many copa liberterdores titles ddid he win with santos

2 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Lefty500: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
Some people that don't know football will say Xavi and Iniesta assisted Messi. The question is how many assists did these guys give Messi individually?
The highest assist Messi has gotten from a single person is 27 (from Suarez), the previous holder of the record is Dánì Alves that left barça 2 seasons ago. And Ronaldo's highest assister is Benzema, he gave Ronaldo more than 30 assists, follow by Ozil around 27 follow by Di Maria around 22.
So who is assisting who?
What I just discovered is that, the absence of Xavi and Iniesta has given Messi more roles (midfielder, player maker, forwarder).
Ronaldo is good, no doubt about that, but my god of football is Messi, he dribbles, he creates chances, he converts, free kick is 99.99%.
Last season, Messi was the most dribble completed, most pass completed, most assist, most chance created, most goal scored, he scored 7 freekicks (equalizing Ronaldinho's record), was Ronaldo on leave? Top 100 dribblers in the top flight leagues last season, Ronaldo wasn't there.
At age 28, Ronaldo has stopped bothering himself about play making and dribbling, all he does is stay in the box and tap in, and if a player fails to assist him, he gets angry.
Messi is a play I can show my kids, a wonderful tales to tell.

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Blabbermouth: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
xfactor23:

Bro. In the era in which Pele played. Performing magic in football isnt as tough as in this era. The defenders then do not go through any defensive training at all.. I kind of secretly believe they are just random selections from the country's football team management.. Neglect those "Best of pele" youtube video. And rather check "pele vs a particular team" videos and u would kno wat am saying.
To prove my point search "pele versus st etienne" where he faced just average defenders and u would see he Is not the GOAT u see him as.
Those Brazil team then.. Had the likes of Vava, Didi, and especially Garrincha- who almost single handedly took Brazil for their 3rd world cup while pele was on bench due to injury from the second game of the world cup. Pele is a myth he wasnt who people thought he was
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 11, 2018
Blabbermouth:
Bro. In the era in which Pele played. Performing magic in football isnt as tough as in this era. The defenders then do not go through any defensive training at all.. I kind of secretly believe they are just random selections from the country's football team management.. Neglect those "Best of pele" youtube video. And rather check "pele vs a particular team" videos and u would kno wat am saying.
To prove my point search "pele versus st etienne" where he faced just average defenders and u would see he Is not the GOAT u see him as.
Those Brazil team then.. Had the likes of Vava, Didi, and especially Garrincha- who almost single handedly took Brazil for their 3rd world cup while pele was on bench due to injury from the second game of the world cup. Pele is a myth he wasnt who people thought he was
Exactly,I am not saying Pele is not a great player but the level of football we saw in his era is nothing compared to what we are seeing today,during his time there were fewer games played at the world cup and the rules were not so tough,defenders were not as good as the ones we have today,I could even say that scoring goals were easier,take a look at that goal that Maradona scored against England at the 1986 world cup and compare it to a very similar goal that messi scored against one team in the LA liga around 10 years ago I can't remember the name of the team but I think its deportivo la Coruna cos they wore green,the goals were similar but watch the movement, maradona's pace was slower and the defenders seemed passive,messi on the other hand was much faster and he had to do more to move past the opposition

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by xfactor23: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2018
darkchild64:

Since 70% of Pele's playtime was not captured how could u judge from the 30% available assuming u have seen all of it that Pele is the real goat,talking of records I hope u recognize that during Pele's time their was no offsides,imagine how many goals Lionel messi would have scored if the offside rule didn't exist,in my opinion Pele is highly recognized because of his performances at the world cup after all how many copa liberterdores titles ddid he win with santos
Research very well before you type, so you don't speak out f ignorance. The offside rule on the time of Pele was even tougher than now. It was just relaxed in the 1970 world cup. Don't forget that it was after 1966 world cup, that FIFA introduced the red and yellow card. His time saw the most brutal part of defense, and tackle. Not now, that most so called stars dive to score cheap point. The era of Pele was the era of real football. Pele played for the team, the team played for Messi.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by xfactor23: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2018
Blabbermouth:
Bro, yet this Pele took the best of Europe and wope them in every single game? Garrinacha was a great dribbler, Pele the great inventor. Most moves, has his signature, as the originator. Are you saying the likes of Bobby Moore, Franz Beckenbauer are randomly picked defenders? Men, listen up, this guy faced the best of the world, and not only dazzled them but scored a 1000 goal. Pele is the real GOAT, others are looking up to him.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Dayodragon: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
Nbote:
Everyone knows it naaa... He's in a competition with himself as he's no longer in d same league with any player... Midfielder and Striker and is exceptional at both at d same time

So 2 Copa finals and a world cup final where he won d best player awards in each of dem is not influence abi? So Ronaldo did it all himself at Madrid or United abi?

Dis it comment shows U know Little or nothing about football.. So Becos Rooney gave his opinion he's now an international flop? Man United's highest goal scorer, England and Everton Legend.. Rooney is a bigger legend dan Ronaldo is at United.. Messi has scored 22 goals against d biggest teams from England so is it d smaller clubs he won't score against? Messi is happy where he is and d club is making sure he stays happy so why must he leave to impress U? See keyboard warrior asking what a football legend knows about football

He can't leave Barca because he has retired 3x in the little challenges he faced in Argentina.. so why do you expect him to leave?? to flop somewhere else? Even Semeione who's from same country it made it clear to everyone that Ronaldo gives you what you want with any team while Messi have to he sorounded by his Barca teammates to do his work.

I hope you saw how he left his country to Spain with fake injury, but still played with Barca in their next game.. Lol... so plz don't compare one team wonder to a 4 diff league team wonder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohamed Salah Crowned FWA Footballer Of The Year For 2022! / Sanusi Daughter Shahida Sanusi's Wedding "Fathiha" (Photos) / Bukom Banku paints his face black after quitting bleaching. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.