Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! (964 Views)

Female Suicide Bombers Kill Three Soldiers And Six Civilain JTF In Maiduguri / Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau / Gunmen Fire On Muslim Worshippers, In Kano, Kill Three. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by texazzpete(m): 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5593103-146/police_shoots_three_on_port_harcourt-aba.csp

The driver of a commuter bus as well as the bus conductor and a passenger were today shot by police officers at a check-point along the Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway.

Eye witness accounts say that the victims were shot by the police-officers for refusing to give out an illegal toll collected from drivers along the highway. The driver and the bus conductor were shot as they came down from the bus while the passenger was shot in the bus.

One of the trio is reported to have died immediately while the others have been rushed to a hospital. The road is now gridlocked as a result with thousands of commuters having alighted from their vehicles and blocking traffic in both directions.

Tension is rising with tyres burnt as the protest grows.
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2010
NIGERIA POLICE FORCE have started their madness again o !!!!
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2010
must be the 'crack team' assigned to investigate/probe the kidnap of the lagos nuj officials
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by 0hsisi: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2010
Sad but common story
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by DeepSoul(f): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2010
It is that same road where innocent people are being kidnapped daily.
Instead of them to focus their energies on scouting for these kidnappers, they are busy killing innocent people.
Very sad indeed
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
This is where i would expect the leaders of the nation to do something.
I dont know what the yeye road block has achieved all the years that they have been doing this.
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
oyb:

must be the 'crack team' assigned to investigate/probe the kidnap of the lagos nuj officials
so ? Does that give them the license to kill three innocent citizens becaue of #20 ?
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

so ? Does that give them the license to kill three innocent citizens becaue of #20 ?

dude, did you see me support them anywhere?

it was on the news this morning - some nuj officers were kidnapped on the way to lagos from uyo

i think in abia

our cp or some other officials were blowing the usual bs - we have dispatcehd a crack team to investigate, while also blaming the nuj fellas for not going by air

i'm just saying, its probably those police deployed to resolve the situation who are playing kill the civilian
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by bawomolo(m): 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
oyb:

our cp or some other officials were blowing the usual bs - we have dispatcehd a crack team to investigate, while also blaming the nuj fellas for not going by air

lol you have two choices in naija, die by plane crash or be robbed/kidnapped on the road.

i guess its now a crime to use land transportation.
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2010
oyb:

dude, did you see me support them anywhere?

it was on the news this morning - some nuj officers were kidnapped on the way to lagos from uyo

i think in abia

i'm just saying, its probably those police deployed to resolve the situation who are playing kill the civilian
better,thanks for the clarification.
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2010
Aba is turning into something else.

I vow that civilians carry their own gun and blast the head off any aggressive cops.

I'm sure that ppl report these cases and yet nothing is being investigated.
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ok
Re: Breaking News: Chaos As Police Kill Three Civillians On Ph-aba Expressway! by sirwilli(m): 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2010
why south east

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan May Be Nigeria’s Last President If: , Says Iyc President / Benin Residents Besiege Church Over Appearance Of Jesus / Shouldnt We Change Our National Anthem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.