Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,824,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents (25656 Views)

VIS Removes Over 50 Rickety Buses From Lagos Roads (Photos) / Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG / Abuja begins installation of Surveillance cameras to curb insecurity. Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by herrlekan(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
This is a good development but they need to test run it for a period of time in order to correct any error or errors that may be inherent. However, how are they going to get the data of vehicles registered outside Lagos?
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Mulatta(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
In New York they have does camera's on police cars
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by deebrownneymar: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Wow!

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by solastic74: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
kidman96:
This technology is for private vehicles. Rubbish!

90% of the danfos in Lagos don't have valid papers, even the danfo drivers are invalids... And the government is doing nothing about it...

That's what I don't understand. A private vehicle on lagos roads conveys about 2 people on average, a typical danfo carries at least 10. If you're serious about public safety which should be your target. Or its only about revenue generation.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Yankee101: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lagos, lead the way
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Jbleenk: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Useless government, better go and fix badagry road,
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode*
*spits on my ex gf Cynthia*
*spits Manchester united*

Useless government
All of you are mad!

Why are u coming across frustrated? Hope there’s no hangs man noose close by.
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by miqos02(m): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Ambode pls, dont bring VIO back on the roads. Don't vent your frustration on Lagosians, vent on Tinubu please
na next governor we go beg
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Hoodbilonia: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2018
vrwi simple
damage all the cams
what nonsense
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by enigma2007(m): 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
sirusX:

Just chill...dem go bring 40 leaves notebook come your domot

But wait oo....which area that camera dey make I dey avoid am

Now you are asking the proper question.. I need the locations too so that i can plan my journey effectively grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by vicardino(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
Nah to begin dey drop fake house address nah,,,,, sense will not kee me

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by hush15: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2018
SKhanmi:
Will it work on danfo drivers? Oh,those one's are the agbero's burden. Nice development although it's likely to be tweaked as per another free money making apparatus for the syndicate.
you got it. if it wont work on danfos, dont put it private citizens
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Max24: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
Extortion notice is hereby served. Is it a coincidence that this resumed after Tinubus boy won the APC primary. I expect LASMA, Police and NURTW to resume their own too soon. Tinubu obviously believes in extorting Lagosians to fund their party. The good Ambode has been conqured, the masses are left exposed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by MrFixIt007: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode* angry grin

Useless government
All of you are mad!
angry grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode*

Useless government
All of you are mad!
You are just at the door steps of a psychiatric hospital, check in for admission.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by CandidSeeker(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Why are you so angry? Take it easy

You need to see the condition of Lagos roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by cvibe2: 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
Funny how this will work in a state where most people don't have house addresses, and where street names are changed at will.
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by connkg(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2018
As I read the story, I wanted to ask how one can sue for the same amount as the fine+punitive, if the error were to be from them.
I hadn't read much after that thought before I discovered that I was not to be disappointed.
So it now falls on the private car owner to repeat visit to collect correct documentation from people who visited at his house address to impose a fine?
I would prefer the goverment starts on its own vehicles, then buses, before private cars. So much more safety benefit that way!

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Sleekfingers: 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
CandidSeeker:

You need to see the condition of Lagos roads.

Yeah, I know....it is very annoying....most roads are in bad shape...

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by FSolar: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
If
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by CandidSeeker(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Yeah, I know....it is very annoying....most roads are in bad shape...

Respects
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by omohlexy: 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
No be who use him real address register motor? What if address na military cementary?

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by ollyruffy: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
Dead on arrival. We will only take it serious when we see it catching all those Lagos danfo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Kingray10: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Misplaced piros
*spits on jagaban*
*spits on ambode*

Useless government
All of you are mad!
And that's is illegal, we are not the course of your misfortune.
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by bobbiiee: 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
VIS can't locate some addresses. Over a period of time, the equipment are unlikely to be well maintained. It's also an avenue to enrich those in charge of the offenders. Upon payment, names could be removed from the system.
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by HORRORIZON: 9:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
cheesy Look at all of these negative comments. LOL. Nigerians don't like structure and discipline at all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by Agosunaira: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2018
Why are we always of negative minds in this country?
If you can not see anything good in any innovation, I wonder how you want to develop in life.
Remember group of people like you sat down and developed this.
What have you developed to solve peoples problem in life?
It is when most of you are given privilege to lead just a group in church/mosque that you would understand what it takes to govern.
May God save tomorrow of this country-Nigeria.
Compare the development(camera enforcement) to what is obtainable in developed countries

Make sure your vehicle is okay and validate your document.
Once that is done, you have no issue with camera.
Let's make our road very save for all.
Re: Lagos VIS Now Use Street Cameras To Capture Cars With Invalid Documents by mywells: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Ambode pls, dont bring VIO back on the roads. Don't vent your frustration on Lagosians, vent on Tinubu please
Pls bring VIO back we really need them on our road seriously

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passenger Boat Capsizes In Lagos, One Dies, 16 Rescued / I Regretted The Prayers I Offered To God To Take Me To Usa / Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.