Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks (1785 Views)

Programming Career In Either JAVA Or .NET / C++/python/qt Or .net / Web Service Using Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by bigboyslim(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
Which frameworks would you recommend to learn MVC development. Java or .Net?

Would be helpful if you could state your reasons too.

Thanks much
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Jul 13, 2010
Best you get yourself something better to do with your time and life dude!
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by candylips(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2010
lol
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by bigboyslim(m): 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ Kobojunkie,

Thats quite an interesting response. What makes you say that?

I would appreciate your reasons.

Thanks again.
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by lojik(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Best you get yourself something better to do with your time and life dude!
Learning MVC architecture is not a waste of time. It may be your competitive edge one of these days. I think it is a justified use of his time.
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by Bossman(m): 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2010
bigboyslim, I think your question should be, unless I am reading it incorrectly.

"Which programming language  would you recommend to learn MVC development/framework. Java or .Net?"

And my response is: It should not matter what language you use. Just make sure you learn the concept very well, whatever language you end up using.

Best of luck!
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by saperpsms: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2010
Talking about MVC infers that you understand programming and development at least. I suggest you learn MVC with the technology you are most comfortable with - Java or .net

The deciding factor out there is what you can do with what you claim you know.

Cheers
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by muyidotnet: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2010
@bigboyslim

Well MVC! MVC!! MVC!!!

MVC is a framework designed to be platform-independent with the freedom for each vendor to develop to standards and add some platform-dependent features.

I go to know about MVC when I got an offer from mweb Nigeria as a Ruby On Rails Developer. I quickly jumped into learning harmed with my NETBEANS and with a few cafe visits I was good to go! ( I wish they've called me back since then though, lol!). The most interesting part is that I was able to learn that conscise, simple but dynamic programming language Ruby. Ruby on Rails has been one of the buzzes on the internet for some times now following successful implementation by TWITTER among others. Another plus for RoR is that Ruby is a dynamic language and almost every tool needed is free. Talk about Ruby itself, Rails, RubyGems, Mysl/SqlLite(and their respective adapters) including NETBEANS are all free!

MVC with .NET is so breezy that if you're not careful you might get addicted to learning it continuously non stopping! ASP.NET MVC was developed with simplicity in mind and to make it as easy as sipping a warm tea on a cold day! One thing that made ASP.NET MVC stand out is the fact that you need not learn anything except ASP.NET MVC framework(which is almost declarative!) itself.
MSQL Server Express and Compact Editions, Microsoft Entity Framework, LINQ and Reporting Services are well integrated with the framework. While you have to learn Ruby or JRubby with Rails you better off with your dear C# or VB.NET! In fact ASP.NET is just cool!
To get started you'll need a good internet connection, upgrade you .NET Framework to SP1 and your VS 2008 to SP1 or better use VS2010! Please also check out Steven Walther's ASP.NET UNLEASHED book! That book is really exhaustive and detailed.

For Java, that I dont have much to say other than my experience with JRuby. JRuby is an implementation of Ruby on Java platform for Rails development. The good side of things with JRuby is that you can actually import and use your existing classes, packages into your rails apps with no stress. I think JSP has been using a kind of MVC implementation for a while not sure sha o.

End Points:

- Learn the universal concepts of MVC itself theoretically. Then you can transport that knowledge to any platform you may choose to use. You only need to know how things are organised in the choose platform, O pari!
- MVC is designed as a roller-coaster ride for engineers with an eye for adventurous learning of a completely new paradigm in programming.
- MVC is the best bet means to get enterprise apps running in no time!
Believe me you, it might interest you to know that you can get a Blog / Recording Apps ready in no time, with lil or no code by just following configuration instructions.!

So regarless of which langauge/platform you're using, look around there'll be a MVC project for that platform.

(It pained me that I had to type this a second time after loosing the post the first time)

Best of luck!
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by candylips(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2010
Nice post
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
KoboJunkie is definitely not smiling today grin

MVC is a model of application development and can be applied with many Programming language.

It's best one masters a programming language and use it in developing whatever he wants, Mostly it is good learning more than one language, then you can decide which one's model u prefer to use,

Mine is definitely not yours
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by lojik(m): 12:52am On Jul 22, 2010
MVC is an architecture that is created at the level of software development not really at the level of the programming technology nor at the level of coding.
So u shouldn't choose a programming language because of MVC, thats a wrong approach patapata.
It is you the software developer that chooses to implement MVC based on the size of your project and MVC makes much sense if u r developing enterprise or large applications.

Even if u can code all the java and dot.net in the world, it's senseless or even impossible to implement MVC in certain kinds of applications (e.g a mobile phone mortgage calculator). Understand MVC architecture and also learn about frameworks.
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by Kobojunkie: 4:33am On Jul 23, 2010
na wa oo!! I am not anti MVC patterns . . . just anti useless-threads pitching programming/scripting languages against another.
Re: Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

na wa oo!! I am not anti MVC patterns . . . just anti useless-threads pitching programming/scripting languages against another.

Lol, It's common here, and as long as one wants to keep at least checking on this site, a lot more useless threads will emerge! embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Dietel's Java How To Program 10th Edition Online Chapters? / Benefits To Hire Shopify Web Developers For Robust Shopify Estore Develoment / The Best Way To Learn/understand MVC In PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.