Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President (1788 Views)

2023: PDP G5 Gives Atiku Conditions For Support / Chinese Doctors’ Whereabouts: PDP Gives FG 48-Hour Ultimatum / PDP Gives Return Tickets To Saraki, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal After Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by 6Ebisco: 7:42am On Oct 10, 2018
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has told its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, things to look out for as he searches for his Vice ahead of 2019.

The leadership of the party, led by its National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, met with Atiku to discuss the issue.

The meeting was held at the party’s presidential campaign office, otherwise known as Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja, on Sunday night, according to Punch.

Some criteria were set for who should partner Atiku to enable it to defeat President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 14, 2019 presidential election.

Atiku and his team were the first to arrive for the meeting before Secondus and his team, who were delayed with flight schedule from Port Harcourt.

The meeting started late in the night and lasted for about two hours.

Atiku was mandated to submit list of his preferred candidates as running mates to the party.

The ex-VP was told told that the running mate should be younger than him and be grounded in the economy, according to Punch.

The newspaper also reported that series of meetings would be held within the week in order to enable the party meet the deadline set by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the submission of candidates’ names for the elections.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-presidency-pdp-gives-atiku.html

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by Topccy007z: 7:46am On Oct 10, 2018
K
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by Johnnyessence(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2018
Nice one from pdp.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by shutto: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2018

The newspaper also reported that series of meetings would be held within the week in order to enable the party meet the deadline set by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the submission of candidates’ names for the elections.

Nice idea
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by genternity(m): 7:54am On Oct 10, 2018
Atiku/Peter obi perfect match

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by hisgrace090: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2018
genternity:
Atiku/Peter obi
perfect match

Seconded!

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by franozx: 8:01am On Oct 10, 2018
A vice from the east is all he needs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by genternity(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2018
hisgrace090:

Seconded!
Nwanne buru onwe gi ga court

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by cbrass(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2018
I pray he picks his vice from the SE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by kotv: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2018
They should just say they told him to pick iweala

All this codedness is not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by IbrahimDamola: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2018
Peter obi is grounded in economy.

Soludo is grounded in economy.

Okonjo-Iweala is grounded in economy.

Arunma- Oteh is grounded in economy.

Olisa Agbakoba is grounded in economy and a has a london Masters in economic policy.

I wish Moghalu can decamp and become Atiku's VP too.

Easy pick for Atiku.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by adioolayi(m): 8:47am On Oct 10, 2018
Let's see how it goes.

I still believe Atiku will only try...this permutations and combinations will help a bit, but Buhari is winning 2019 elections.

I have PVC, I will vote and my vote will count.

NB: Don't quote or mention me if
1. you don't have PVC
2. you have PVC but you are far away from the unit you registered and so, you won't vote.
3. You are too polish to stand for hours during election and so, you won't vote.
4. You believe your vote won't count and so you won't bother yourself

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by Ebi4life: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2018
I am from the south south, I will advice the PDP to pick the VP from the SW. My reason is that the SE has a very low voters strength. Remember 2015 an entire state in the SE was only able to produce 300, 000 vote for PDP. Our igbo brothers were busy doing their business in their shops.
The SW has more voters strength and are more politically enlightened than the SE.
It will be a big mistake to give the VP slot to the SE because all the votes from the SE put togther is equivalent to Lagos and oyo state votes.
The SE people don't usually come out in mass to vote. They prefer to go and sell in their shops during election day.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by deboysben(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2018
Ebi4life:
I am from the south south, I will advice the PDP to pick the VP from the SW. My reason is that the SE has a very low voters strength. Remember 2015 an entire state in the SE was only able to produce 300, 000 vote for PDP. Our igbo brothers were busy doing their business in their shops.
The SW has more voters strength and are more politically enlightened than the SE.
It will be a big mistake to give the VP slot to the SE because all the votes from the SE put togther is equivalent to Lagos and oyo state votes.
The SE people don't usually come out in mass to vote. They prefer to go and sell in their shops during election day.
guy why not check voting strength of SE and SW as at 2011 and 2007 why is it people always talk about 2015

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by omoharry(f): 10:12am On Oct 10, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
Peter obi is grounded in economy.

Soludo is grounded in economy.

Okonjo-Iweala is grounded in economy.

Easy pick for Atiku.

Okonjo said she is done serving NIgeria and will never do it again..this was in 2016
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by deboysben(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2018
Ebi4life:
sw votes are always divided
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by KanwuliaMama: 10:21am On Oct 10, 2018
kotv:
They should just say they told him to pick iweala

All this codedness is not necessary.

Gbam!
Perfect choice.
Time for a woman to hold such a key position!

Or ARUNMA OTEH, from BENDE, ABIA. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by IbrahimDamola: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2018
omoharry:
Okonjo said she is done serving NIgeria and will never do it again..this was in 2016

Every human being is pliable, the VP is a higher calling for her.
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by KanwuliaMama: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2018
omoharry:

True o.
OBJ and PDP stressed her toooooo much. angry

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/01/wont-serve-nigeria-okonjo-iweala/

Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP Gives Atiku Conditions For Picking Vice President by basilo101: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ebi4life:
Check 2011. SE was heavily disenfranchised in 2015. They vety scared of SE in 2015 and did everything possible to disenfranchise the region

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: 2019, Afenifere Backs Atiku, Blast Tinubu For Supporting Buhari / #2019 Debate, Buhari Ordered A Nationwide Blackout Twitter User / Lawan Speaks On Amending The Constitution To Keep Buhari In Office Beyond 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.