Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets (16348 Views)

EFCC Chairman Orders Operatives To Declare Assets / Sanwo-olu Told To Declare Assets Within 7 Days / Protesters Demand Probe Of Akpabio For Omitting To Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Felixv: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
numen:
If Ike has 22 houses, then Rotimi has 500. This is selective witch-hunting and it never ends well with the instigator. Ask Google.

Buhari is bereft of strategy.

Asset declaration. Very simple - go and ask for Rotimi’s asset declaration form.

Am sure you are articulated enough.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by madridsta007(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
They are afraid Atiku may pick Ekweremadu as running mate. Yeye pipu

Too much sense.
However, I think he will go for a thoroughbred technocrat and not a politician -even though I think Ekweremadu is eminently qualified.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
Another nonsense trial

The constitution only requires declaration to CCB

And not some presidential panel

This case will fall flat again
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by akprosperblog(m): 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
I can only imagine what will happen if power change hands.

. . . MEANWHILE I CREATE PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE AT AFFORDABLE PRICE. CONTACT IN SIGNATURE.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by KanwuliaMama: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2018
Did Buhari declare assets? shocked

1 Like

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by positivethought: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
ijustdey:

Details later .

https://punchng.com/breaking-fg-charges-ekweremadu-akpan-with-refusal-to-declare-assets/

Wait ooh, is assets declaration not supposed to be done to CCB?,when has any other body been vested with that responsibility again, can some one in the know pls shed some light,me I no de understand APC abracadabra again ooh.

2 Likes

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by mfm04622: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
They are afraid Atiku may pick Ekweremadu as running mate. Yeye pipu

This is not new! Where were you when he gathered pastors to be praying for him?
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by mfm04622: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2018
positivethought:
Wait ooh, is assets declaration not supposed to be done to CCB?,when has any other body been vested with that responsibility again, can some one in the know pls shed some light,me I no de understand APC abracadabra again ooh.

True. But other bodies can also try people that did not follow the law. CCB has been proven to be corrupt with the declaration of Saraki innocent
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by positivethought: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
mfm04622:

True. But other bodies can also try people that did not follow the law. CCB has been proven to be corrupt with the declaration of Saraki innocent
pls can you elucidate, prosecute people how,by what authority?
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by mfm04622: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
positivethought:
pls can you elucidate, prosecute people how,by what authority?

The Attorney General is the one with authority to prosecute in Nigeria. He can delegate that authority to any agency, including private citizens. Hope you understand now
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by sukar886: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
Apc is too childish, they should forget about all this thing and concentrate on their campaign
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Akabuking: 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2018
what about our daura olodo president?

1 Like

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
APC is archaic, outmoded and anachronistic. Another 4 years will end Nigeria.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Justinah4real(f): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
Koolking:

Shun displaying this attitude of a stooge. These politicians don't know you exist. You gain nothing from them. Any of them found wanting, deserves the treatment given to him/her by the same govt they belong. Crime deserves censure

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by rusher14: 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2018
julioralph:
Really? Just because of asset declaration?

What about the fellow that used billions to clear the grass/bushes @ the presidential villa?

What about the pension funds that went missing under Maina? etc etc and so many more...

Has Buhari done anything against them?

What about the one that stole 40 million dollars yet wants to be president?
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by wink2015(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
ONLY A RESTRUCTURED NIGERIA WILL REDUCE TO A LARGE EXTENT THE INCIDENCES OF CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA.

As each states will control most of what they produce and pay taxes to the federal government.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by toprealman: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
Yes because Buhari declared his abi?
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by semyman: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
They should forget all the charges if they can't win the cases and just let these guys continue with their looting
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by klax(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
Can't stop laughing. So has Buhari declare his asset
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by positivethought: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
mfm04622:

The Attorney General is the one with authority to prosecute in Nigeria. He can delegate that authority to any agency, including private citizens. Hope you understand now
Look I'm aware of the powers n responsibilities of the attorney general, what I don't understand is can the attorney general just bye pass a statutory body such as the EFCC,CCT,NPF etc n ask a private body to prosecute some one?.ekweremadu is a lawyer I hope APC n her supporters are not on a wild goose chase that would end rubbing feaces on their faces.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by mfm04622: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
positivethought:
Look I'm aware of the powers n responsibilities of the attorney general, what I don't understand is can the attorney general just bye pass a statutory body such as the EFCC,CCT,NPF etc n ask a private body to prosecute some one?.ekweremadu is a lawyer I hope APC n her supporters are not on a wild goose chase that would end rubbing feaces on their faces.

That is Normal. The Attorney General can delegate his power to ANYBODY to try ANY PERSON.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by positivethought: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2018
mfm04622:

That is Normal. The Attorney General can delegate his power to ANYBODY to try ANY PERSON.
It's OK,we Sidon de look.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by julioralph(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
rusher14:

What about the one that stole 40 million dollars yet wants to be president?
Lol

You have a valid point but what about the one that values Terrorists, and his cows, more than the lives of his citizens in the north-east and middle belt?

Atiku is not a saint but he's far better than Buhari.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by rusher14: 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
julioralph:

Lol

You have a valid point but what about the one that values Terrorists, and his cows, more than the lives of his citizens in the north-east and middle belt?

Atiku is not a saint but he's far better than Buhari.

Killings happened the same way under Jonathan. Maybe he too valued cows more than human beings as well.

Atiku is also Fulani and culturally he must own cows as well.

Maybe he's even the one sponsoring the killers.

Any way, Atiku is a thief and we cannot even debate that.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by naijanaso: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
ijustdey:

Details later .

https://punchng.com/breaking-fg-charges-ekweremadu-akpan-with-refusal-to-declare-assets/

This is very funny...how many assets did their pr sident declare? I laugh in vernacular grin
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by julioralph(m): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2018
rusher14:

Killings happened the same way under Jonathan. Maybe he too valued cows more than human beings as well.

Atiku is also Fulani and culturally he must own cows as well.

Maybe he's even the one sponsoring the killers.

Any way, Atiku is a thief and we cannot even debate that.

Most of the stuff that happened under Jonathan were politically motivated. (BH had the tacit support of most of the APC politicians in the North, during Jona's regime)

Atiku has several farms, I don't see any reason why his cows should roam around Nigeria.

Like I said earlier, Atiku is not a saint. But Buhari's silence over this herdsmen issue speak volumes. I mean some fellows were busy, carrying placards around the S'East.... They didn't murder or pillage anyone, yet Buhari sent the Army after them. The Shiites went on a procession and caused some traffic for a few days, yet Buhari sent the Army after them.

What has he done about the herdsmen Nothing!!!
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Felixv: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
The Anti-Corruption and Research Based Data Initiative (ARDI) has expressed shock and disappointment about the ethnic sentiment being given to the current investigation of the Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), advising the Senator to carry his cross as a man and stop whipping up tribal sentiment.

“Politicians do not consult their constituencies and ethnicity when they embezzle public funds but are very quick to whip up ethnic sentiment whenever they are being prosecuted,” ARDI stated in a statement issued by its Executive Secretary, Dennis Aghanya on Sunday in Enugu.

“Fight against corruption does not recognize religion or ethnicity and therefore should not be given such colouration. Ekweremadu’s problem is personal and therefore should be treated as such. What he should be doing now is to assist the security agencies to speed up investigation so that he could prove his innocence or otherwise.”

The group said that Ekweremadu should answer to the issues raised by the EFCC concerning the alleged 60 assets traced to him rather than applying all sorts of delay tactics to slow down i

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
Are public office holders required to declare their assets to the presidential committee for assets recovery or to the code of conduct agency? If the presidential committee wants the declared assets of any officer they should go to the relevant agency and get it. This case is a lost cause.

1 Like

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Lomprico2: 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
Felixv:

Ike will have his day in court. 22 houses is no joke abi na kalo kalo he play

Even to build one no be joke.

And efcc released silver's 44 houses because he joined apc.
Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Felixv: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lomprico2:

And efcc released silver's 44 houses because he joined apc.

And Efcc jailed Dariye APC member.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets by Lomprico2: 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
Felixv:

And Efcc jailed Dariye APC member.

And dariye bought apc form from "prison"! Who is deceiving who?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charles Idahosa: Blame Oshiomhole for Edo Assembly crisis / Those Promising Tinubu Presidency In 2023 Are Just Deceiving Him – Adebanjo / Sanwo-Olu: Nigeria’s Democracy Not Complete Without Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.