Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

The Mask - Short Story By Rosemary Okafor - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Mask - Short Story By Rosemary Okafor (420 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mask - Short Story By Rosemary Okafor by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2018
That was the world he knew, the world he was comfortable with, the world he stumbled upon decades ago, and he was loving it.

In this world he was King, he ruled and like a Chameleon he could assume any form suitable for a time and purpose.

A lonely dying Man, almost eaten up by rottenness which has been his companion for as long as he remembered, worms made his brain their habitation and his skin was falling apart, leaving him a pack of bones.
His eyes were shallow with no life in them, his chin dropped down his face and melted on its own, creating holes on his already monstrous face.

But in this new world, he had thousands of followers, people could stay up all night to read what he would write, he wrote motivational posts, and sometimes religion, he was the perfect Man for this world, a mirage:
"You inspire me with your post sir" one would write to him

"thank you so much sir for the lessons I have been learning from your posts" Another would write

"I wish I could see you personally, or at least see your face" a lady had written to him

Yes... That lady, she started following him few months ago and had been commenting on his posts, he had taken notice of her as well and his excitement had increased
He had many of them, whose hearts were hanging like wet cloths in his dark room, and their skin some meat in his old freezer. He took delight in caressing the..
Read all here

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Books For Kids (Nursery & Primary School Books) / BERYOND EVERYTHING ( Fiction Or Prediction) / The Common But 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.