Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption (14783 Views)

Legislature, Judiciary Autonomy: Govs Oppose Buhari Executive Order 10 / Buhari's Executive Order Number 6 / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by ramond007(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
[quote author=Dareal90s post=71990827]For you web design/blog/hacking/cheats inbox me.[/quoteppls I need ur assistance in this blogginmatter,here is my number 08037802574[color=#006600][/color]]
Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
Rebelutionary:

Mynd44 just opened ur eyes to the potential abuse of that tool and the least u could do is see the light in what he posited but NO, you did what hasnt gotten us anywhere in this country...label him! Gosh...Are u ds intellectually incapacitated?

Forgotten so soon that Dokpesi has got himself busy in court all because of a looters list that was published by this goveenment?

I tire for folks like you o...

He was boasting about the potential abuse of that tool and i bet you it will never happen instead it will be used against Buhari and Tinubu post may 2019

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
Roger3D:
Old man Buhari's allies are more powerful than your slave master Atiku's. By the way prepare your mind for cattle ranches in your village. Haha hahaha old man wey no get sense

who are the allies? Tinubu? The same man who could not secure anything outside his sw zone

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by aliscomonaj: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
This is one of the best comments have read on this platform
gaby:
Beautiful piece of judgement.

We should also be kept abreast of what has been recovered, from whom and how they are to be utilised. That is what we call accountability.

I pray on a daily for us to get it right as a nation in our own way because we have no other country and home but Nigeria in the true sense of the word.

Enjoy siggy
Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by duwdu: 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Dream on!!! I see you BMC guys are intimidated by Atiku's massive war chest.Una never see anything!!!The EFCC can equally arrest anyone for fraud but lets see if dem get liver.Abegi!!! If you want to help your master help him to pack his bags as he is about to leave aso rock

You believed even more of your own hype and chest-beating during the run-in to the 2015 elections... and you ended up being ridiculed and rendered comatose...

Get ready to be further riddicled and disgraced in 2019.

I don talk my yon. wink

P34c3
Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by candygist: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Dream on!!! I see you BMC guys are intimidated by Atiku's massive war chest.Una never see anything!!!The EFCC can equally arrest anyone for fraud but lets see if dem get liver.Abegi!!! If you want to help your master help him to pack his bags as he is about to leave aso rock

Guy calm down . Talk is cheap . Why cant you wait for the election day? Haba
Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by Roger3D(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

who are the allies? Tinubu? The same man who could not secure anything outside his sw zone
Old guy Tinubu's support is a hundred times that of Obasanjo. The only way Buhari can be removed from power is if he dies so better start praying for his death starting from this Sunday at your local church
Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by EnaibeSam: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
Campaign funds are in trouble. All the corrupt politicians go hear ram
Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by naijajobx: 1:29am On Oct 12, 2018
smiley
Re: Court Upholds Buhari Executive Order On Seizure Of Assets Linked To Corruption by Duru1(m): 3:49am On Oct 12, 2018
CilicMarin:
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday upheld the validity of the Presidential Executive Order 6 of 2018 which provides for the interim seizure of assets linked to ongoing criminal trials and investigations.

President Muhammadu Buhari had on July 5, 2018, issued the Presidential Executive Order, which two lawyers, Ikenga Ugochinyere and Mr. Keneth Udeze, had instituted a suit before the court to challenge its validity.

Delivering judgment on Thursday, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu dismissed the suit for lacking in merit and affirmed that the President has the constitutional powers to issue the PEO as long as it does not encroach into the principles of separation of powers.

She ruled that the PEO was issued as a policy directive for the implementation of provisions of existing laws, adding that it also recognised the right of every citizen to approach the court for redress if aggrieved by enforcement of the PEO.

She also held that the interim forfeiture of assets linked to various offences or ongoing criminal investigations could only be enforced in line with the provisions of the law and did not amount to an infringement of the rights of the affected person, who also has the right to approach the court to seek redress.

While reiterating that the PEO must be implemented in accordance to the principles of the rule of law, she added that the coordinating role imposed on the Attorney-General of the Federation by the PEO was subject to section 174 of the Constitution and must be predicated of the existence of facts.

The PEO which designates the AGF as the coordinating authority directs him to “at all times in this connection, employ all available lawful means, including seeking appropriate order(s) of court where necessary, and ensure that assets shall not be transferred, withdrawn, or dealt with in any way until the final determination by a court of competent jurisdiction of any corruption-related matter against such person.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-court-upholds-buharis-executive-order-on-seizure-of-assets-linked-to-corruption/

At 58, Nigeria is a basket of fools. Even the so-called learned folks in the shithole called Nigeria have limited corruption to mere embezzlement of funds. What happens to other forms of corruption such as nepotism that saw the dingbat from Daura, Katsina State as the president of the zoo called Nigeria? The runners who tried to complete a race from the midway starting point always did not finish the race.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain / Anti-corruption Network Asks Malami To Disqualify Atiku / Soyinka: It’s Madness Sign To Think Nigeria’ll Work Without Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.