Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 (4248 Views)

Engine Ringing! Please Help / Updated .....Hyundia Elantra 07, (2.0 limited)Vs Honda Civic 07(1.8) / Final Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:34am On Oct 13, 2018
Tbh, this thread is pointless. I came here expecting a technical breakdown of the ringing process--with pictures, and regular updates about the aftermath.

OP delivered something entirely different and irrelevant.

5 Likes

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 8:38am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

if it is about cars and maintenance then I really don't understand why the excess digressions here and there....
the topic alone is misleading if the purpose is car maintenance..... ur topic feels and looks like ** steps or perfected steps in ringing an engine.

you started with the buying of expensive parts so the reader starts having thinking.... OK ringing a vehicle with oem parts from "the states"; OK.

you digressed to how ringing an engine is only a temporary and short lived solution to a bad engine and even buying a tokunbo engine is not also advisable and we should sell cars when they short oil...... negates the purpose of the first!

you then digressed significantly to mileage and expiration mileage of cars.

then u digressed to your main purpose even though u didnt want to be truthful and elaborate.
...... AFS oils..................
then u ended with "rebuilt" don't last forever.... and I am SMH.....

what is the true purpose of this thread.... if it is about cars maintenance then let it be about just that and digressions; which should be minimal, should be related and not in pure contrast..... if u used oem parts from the states and ur mechanic was praising u upandan then y should the vehicle only have 8 months in it or thereabout? even common sense will not entertain such thoughts..... talk more of critical reasoning!

I had to call u out because the rate at which u post these ur kaya is becoming alarming, caution urself as someone from the states, justify that certificate BRO ..... we shouldn't be bashing u, we should be advising u to help u and those around u.

OK how much is your oil, lemme see if I will recommend someone to buy, so u can rest small
Yes I agree my point was all over the place ..your point is well noted.... The point is not how the message is delivered.. The point is did you get the message " grin

1 Like

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:38am On Oct 13, 2018
ironheart:
i did bro. Lets allow everyone have there say. In every rubbish, there is a message. There are people out there with Elantra. He can be a case study to them. With the way he is being grammar shamed. He may not update the thread in future. Most of us including i for one. Translate our mother tongue to English word for word

hahahahahahaha...... shamed ke.... dru?

u don't know him....

reason oga reason and purpose..... we can always reconstruct the English in our head.... but purpose? I'm yet to see it.....

And I want u to read it again! There is no message here! I'm still waiting on Gazuzz to comment.... and like I said,

I will park!

his intent is to advertise AFS and it's usefulness in the lifespan of a vehicle.... but this is not the case.... and I am sure of his intent too

100%

After his experience today, if he sees another thread worth derailing, he will run away!
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:40am On Oct 13, 2018
dru23:

Yes I agree my point was all over the place ..your point is well noted.... The point is not how the message is delivered.. The point is did you get the message " grin

of course BRO, I did but sadly many people including iron heart didn't....

we should use AFS to maintain our vehicles to increase the lifespan.....yes?

fortunately I decoded it, but many won't and I wouldn't like to see my advise go down the drain.
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:44am On Oct 13, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Tbh, this thread is pointless. I came here expecting a technical breakdown of the ringing process--with pictures, and regular updates about the aftermath.

OP delivered something entirely different and irrelevant.

he bought expensive parts that would be extremely difficult sourcing locally, only to fix the vehicle and it will last say...... less than a year....

let us forgive him for the topic oh.

what of the purpose..... at least aim someone at the goal post and not the assistant ref or coach!

BRO don't worry... I am sure u saw a hint of the intent in the whole crap.... let us forgive him and teach him....

at least Aunty radu and Gazuzz won't have to fear his monikers on their threads again.

3 Likes

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

he bought expensive parts that would be extremely difficult sourcing locally, only to fix the vehicle and it will last say...... less than a year....

what of the purpose..... at least someone at the goal post and not the assistant ref or coach!

BRO don't worry... I am sure u saw a hint of the intent in the whole crap.... let us forgive him and teach him....

at least Aunty radu and Gazuzz won't have to fear his monikers on their threads again.

Lol, I always knew where it was going to end. Hence this.
HeavenlyBang:
Waiting for the inevitable "buy my coconut oil" plugin. I shall not be disappointed. grin

Probably would have gotten past coolants and entered a full-blown sermon on oils if you hadn't interjected. grin

Can't teach an old dog new tricks, I suppose. wink

2 Likes

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by ironheart(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u don't know him....

reason oga reason and purpose..... we can always reconstruct the English in our head.... but purpose? I'm yet to see it.....

And I want u to read it again! There is no message here! I'm still waiting on Gazuzz to comment.... and like I said,

I will park!

his intent is to advertise AFS and it's usefulness in the lifespan of a vehicle.... but this is not the case.... and I am sure of his intent too

100%

After his experience today, if he sees another thread worth derailing, he will run away!
ok sir
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=HeavenlyBang post=72040091]Tbh, this thread is pointless. I came here expecting a technical breakdown of the ringing process--with pictures, and regular updates about the aftermath.

OP delivered something entirely different and irrelevant. [/quote

Well noted my brother .. So you want detail pictures of the process.. If I did that ,pictures go full ground... sometimes it is not how the message is delivered... but did you get the message.. .. From the little pictures I posted, you can clearly see how the oil leaked down to the pistons.. Pistons were changed, oil seals and the rings around the pistons... to post those parts will be too much work for me to do...
My message at the end of the day is ..most Nigerians don't know poo about car maintenance.
Rebuilt engine that most of you guys talk about is waste of time. You rebuilt an engine and how long will it last you for .. If basic maintenance was done good oil ,coolant, timing belt, alternator belt... you will spend less down time at the mechanic shop ....the simple things we do at times can safe us headaches in the long run.

For the fact that I don't know poo about cars, and am able to see the issues on ground , it shows that we has Nigerian due lack maintenance culture as a whole.. And you can now see how it affects the infrastructure of the country.. The top can't do things and trickles down to the bottom. And we than call ourselves the giant of Africa..
My conclusion is here is. The lack of maintenance costs me over 100k and most Nigerians don't know poo about cars.. My message might have been delivered or confusing at times ..but I hope in between those confusions ,you were able to get the message.. ..if am writing an exam I would take my time to construct my thoughts and structure... And keep in mind that Nigerian educational system, is based on the British system.. Certain words I use at times are USA English system.. And I don't have the time to start writing like the British.. My main education was not mainly in UK or Nigeria.. Lets keep that in mind
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u don't know him....

I will park!

100%

I do understand your point that you coming from. The reason why you can' t see my point is for many reasons. You mind is already made up that am trying to sell engine oil . So because of that the spider webs are blocking your eyes from the message am trying to get across..
Now you are waiting for another mans to give his comments.. Because the said man is the best thing since slice bread.. Why do we need another mans approval to validate our points. Be a man bro and stand on your own two..

1 Like

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:10am On Oct 13, 2018
[quote author=dru23 post=72040840][/quote]

u have started again oh, just when I tot we have crossed one milestone

what we need is purpose and not English grammar(thats not to say u shouldn't try to be accurate as well) , we will reconstruct it in our head.... but give us purpose...... shey we don settle am.

oya, post ur oyel pic in ur opening post, we have created the traffic for u... curious people will enter and ask for the price..... this is ur one true breakthrough oh.... I might not be interested in ur future posts again oh.... now u have this... don't let it slip away.....

later u pay homage to heavenlybang,ironheart and yours truly.
unfortunately Gazuzz wouldn't be gracing us with his presence on this thread..... he doesnt want u to return the favour. heck, he is even vexed at his numerous mentions on this ur thread.

1 Like

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u have started again oh, just when I tot we have crossed one milestone

what we need is purpose and not English grammar(thats not to say u shouldn't try to be accurate as well) , we will reconstruct it in our head.... but give us purpose...... shey we don settle am.

oya, post ur oyel pic in ur opening post, we have created the traffic for u... curious people will enter and ask for the price..... this is ur one true breakthrough oh.... I might not be interested in ur future posts again oh.... now u have this... don't let is slip away.....

later u pay homage to heavenlybang,ironheart and yours truly.
unfortunately
Gazuzz wouldn't be gracing us with his presence on this thread..... he doesnt want u to return the favour. heck, he is even vexed at his numerous mentions on this ur thread.

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, I always knew where it was going to end. Hence this.

Probably would have gotten past coolants and entered a full-blown sermon on oils if you hadn't interjected. grin

Can't teach an old dog new tricks, I suppose. wink

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:22am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

what of the purpose..... at least someone at the goal post and not the assistant ref or coach!

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

if it is about cars and maintenance then I really don't understand why the excess digressions here and there....
the topic alone is misleading if the purpose is car maintenance..... ur topic feels and looks like ** steps or perfected steps in ringing an engine.

you started with the buying of expensive parts so the reader starts thinking .... OK ringing a vehicle with oem parts from "the states"; OK.

you digressed to how ringing an engine is only a temporary and short lived solution to a bad engine and even buying a tokunbo engine is not also advisable and we should sell cars when they short oil...... negates the purpose of the first!

you then digressed significantly to mileage and expiration mileage of cars.

then u digressed to your main purpose even though u didnt want to be truthful and elaborate.
...... AFS oils..................
then u ended with "rebuilt" don't last forever.... and I am SMH.....

what is the true purpose of this thread.... if it is about cars maintenance then let it be about just that and digressions; which should be minimal, should be related and not in pure contrast..... if u used oem parts from the states and ur mechanic was praising u upandan then y should the vehicle only have 8 months in it or thereabout? even common sense will not entertain such thoughts..... talk more of critical reasoning!

I had to call u out because the rate at which u post these ur kaya is becoming alarming, caution urself as someone from the states, justify that certificate BRO ..... we shouldn't be bashing u, we should be advising u to help u and those around u.

OK how much is your oil, lemme see if I will recommend someone to buy, so u can rest small
Thanks, but NO thanks...
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

not English, common reason! who English epp, that why u r tested for reading and comprehension during your TOEFL and ielts ...... capiche?

emphasis on comprehension.... even though u might wanna still look tough I'm sure u know what I'm talking about......

and I hope u improve soon, this particular post is the height of it..... abeg..... let them have purpose please

Oh boy I didn't have to take any English test o ... no need to explain further... somethings should be left unsaid ...no need to give my life history on nairaland..
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2018
dru23:

I do understand your point that you coming from. The reason why you can' t see my point is for many reasons. You mind is already made up that am trying to sell engine oil . So because of that the spider webs are blocking your eyes from the message am trying to get across..
Now you are waiting for another mans to give his comments.. Because the said man is the best thing since slice bread.. Why do we need another mans approval to validate our points. Be a man bro and stand on your own two..

on the contrary, I am waiting for him to come and shun me.... if what I'm doing is not in line as that was the reason he was called na..... I will jejely park my bus. but ....... we know na. grin

that's the difference between u and most people....
they give authority to whom it is due.... Gazuzz is an authority in this field... a renowned one at least in nairaland...
when issues; that he is an authority in, demands his presence or intervention, people like me who are aspiring to get to that level...... we keep shut and research to ascertain the validity and even if he is wrong beyond reasonable doubts.... we politely ask him to check the site we gathered such Intel....

when it comes to my field I will also school him indepth..... this is his field and obviously u have refused to accept this... so many other guys talk and I must listen..... cos it's their trade and/or specialty... except there is a strong distortion somewhere before u can contest with them..... even then u, u have to have concrete facts and figures and not mere speculation and or assumptions.

capiche?
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2018
dru23:

Oh boy I didn't have to take any English test o ... no need to explain further... somethings should be left unsaid ...no need to give my life history on nairaland..

then u Don eff up be that na..... .
I already know sha...

post ur oil now oh... I'll soon leave ur thread oh...
by now people are wondering...what kind of new thread is this that is not owned by chibecalglobal... advertising 2.5m golf2

post that oil now oh
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 9:59am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

on the contrary, I am waiting for him to come and shun me.... if what I'm doing is not in line as that was the reason he was called na..... I will jejely park my bus. but ....... we know na. grin

that's the difference between u and most people....
they give authority to whom it is due
.... Gazuzz is an authority in this field... a renowned one at least in nairaland...
when issues; that he is an authority in, demands his presence or intervention, people like me who are aspiring to get to that level...... we keep shut and research to ascertain the validity and even if he is wrong beyond reasonable doubts.... we politely ask him to check the site we gathered such Intel....

when it comes to my field I will also school him indepth..... this is his field and obviously u have refused to accept this... so many other guys talk and I must listen..... cos it's their trade and/or specialty... except there is a strong distortion somewhere before u can contest with them..... even then u, u have to have concrete facts and figures and not mere speculation and or assumptions.

capiche?

With what I experience so far.. Omo your statement weak me small.... Anything that comes out from Nigeria or nairaland, or any form of authority.. I take it with a grain of salt...
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 10:06am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

then u Don eff up be that na..... .
I already know sha...

post ur oil now oh... I'll soon leave ur thread oh...
by now people are wondering...what kind of new thread is this that is not owned by chibecalglobal... advertising 2.5m golf2

post that oil now oh

Am not here to post oil ...am were to push people to do basic maintenance of their ...I want them to get use to the basic things of car maintenance.. Those are things that you can see and have control over to a degree .... And I don't sell coolant yet ,but it is one those things are widely ignored.. We need to start using coolant, it will save your wallet from bleeding red....especially those cars that are on uber ..... The funny thing about is coolant is that it will last at least give or take 50k miles .
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u don't know him....

I will park!

100%

Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by OShepherd: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2018
dru23:
This has been a very expensive week for me ..... Most of the parts that I bought were very much needed for the "ringing". Of 07 elantra engine, such parts has rings, pistons, seals ,timing engine and alternator belt. The timing belt and alternator belt were not really needed.. But through research those belts do have a life span, so it is better to change them now than later.

So when these items were given to the mechanic, he was highly impressed.. He stated that those items I bought were original parts ,and that it will hard to get them in Ladipo .after taken down the engine apart, you can tell that the pistons will need to replace, the 16valves that looks like a huge needle, will be properly wash with soap and water or kersone . So no need to replace them. The only items the mechanic needed was gaskets and some minor things that cost 10k naira
I spoke to the mechanic on the coz of the oil shortage, he stated that the rings were worn out ,and also poor maintenance and bad oil will coz the oil to short.. He stated that even after rebuilt ,the car can last up to eight months. This will depend on how the car is taken care of after the " ringing" . We both concluded that once it gets to the point you are ringing engine it is time to sell the car or buy new engine. But the point here is even if you buy tokunbo engine, you don't really know the exact milage that engine has done. You taking a gamble here.
The cost of ringing the engine is 50k and the cost of the parts that I bought is about $200 . Now once the ringing is done ,the car has to driven slowly for two days ,so that the new parts can adjust properly..

MY LESSON LEARNED... Now from this experience, what I learn is that a lot of people on uber thread have no clue on car maintenance. If you have a car and you continue to rebuilt the engine, you are wasting your time.. Sell the car and move on even if you are using the car for uber. Most of the tokunbo cars that are been sold all over at least 100k miles... so with proper care, which of coz it will not happen in Nigeria. Those cars should last a good three years.. The reason is that a car engine has roughly about 300k miles life span ,if it is taken care of Anything after that, you start to rebuilt engine and waste money . With good oil change coolant etc you can push it up few more years or miles. My experience with elantra has also been very good. Those cars are rugged and are has good has a corolla. I will reccomend elantra 07 to 10 to anyone with confidence.. Just make sure you use proper oil ,coolant etc ..now the importance of full synthetic oil for these cars ,is due to high milage.. Most of the cars on uber are high milage cars . The only wish I had knew was to have taken care of the car from day one. Now am spending 100k to fix it . At the same time the car really tried .the milage on that car is 194k miles and I bought it
tokunbo when the car was 147k miles .. At that high milage timing belt and alternator belt will need to changed... so people out there take care of your cars. So that you can avoid bleeding your wallet red .if you like continue to rebuilt engine ,the engine is 90k and body of car is 200k plus.. The engine is new, but the body is old smh ...rebuilt don't last forever.. This is my hands on experience... #team elantra for uber # I have a new level of respect for the car . Thank
Quite educative
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by dru23(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
OShepherd:
Quite educative

Yes o ..experience is the best teacher
Re: Update Of Engine "Ringing". Elantra 07 by OShepherd: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2019
dru23:

Yes o ..experience is the best teacher
Hmmmm! I've tried this on my 96 Toyota Rav4 & d ruggedy started last night after several attempts coupled with some Scanning heads which ended up with the below pix but for today, d car has refused to start since morning. Pls help. Which kain wahala be this na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advise On Buying A Nigerian Used Infiniti G35 (2004) / So I Visited Gazzuzz's Workshop... / ................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.