Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process (102380 Views)

Australian Sponsorship Visa Issue. / Spouse - Family Travel - Spouse Domestic Abuse Route. / Help: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Funjay(m): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
This is serious ooo. So sorry to hear this. Did you do interview before you were rejected? I am guessing you did everything online.
You can raise a webform to remind them of your pending appeal request. COVID 19 really caused a lot of delay and backlogs.

Has anyone ever attended interview during their Canada spousal sponsorship application? How is the experience like? please share if you have ever being interviewed and how long after that before you got a feedback.

Thanks

9ja083:
hello nairalanders please i need your help,
how long does Appeal process take after one
is denied visa.

I applied for an appeal and its almost 2years
now and i havent received any feedback from
CIC.

Justwise and other mods please dont close this thread because I have searched and there is no thread for Canada Appeal process. Also what my husband applied for me is Family Sponsorship Visa which is different from Canada Spouse Open Work Permit which is here on nairaland.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 9ja083: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Funjay:
This is serious ooo. So sorry to hear this. Did you do interview before you were rejected? I am guessing you did everything online.
You can raise a webform to remind them of your pending appeal request. COVID 19 really caused a lot of delay and backlogs.

Has anyone ever attended interview during their Canada spousal sponsorship application? How is the experience like? please share if you have ever being interviewed and how long after that before you got a feedback.

Thanks

They have replied and rejected my application as usual. They still said I didn’t provide enough evidence that shows that my marriage is genuine and continuous. I don’t think I will have the mind to reapply again.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by obilec: 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
9ja083:

They have replied and rejected my application as usual. They still said I didn’t provide enough evidence that shows that my marriage is genuine and continuous. I don’t think I will have the mind to reapply again.
I heard spousal sponsorship hardly gets rejected, so this is shocking. I saw on other threads that one can request your notes to see the issues raised, if it applies to this application type, why not do so?
Were you given medical request and what was your timeline?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Funjay(m): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
It is well.
Pls dont just give up. Let your hubby approach an immigration lawyer over their and take it up from their.
God will favour you.

9ja083:

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 9ja083: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2021
obilec:

I heard spousal sponsorship hardly gets rejected, so this is shocking. I saw on other threads that one can request your notes to see the issues raised, if it applies to this application type, why not do so?
Were you given medical request and what was your timeline?

I was not given any medical request. I have decided to forfeit anything that have to do with traveling to Canada for now.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by megastu(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
Including being with your spouse?

Did you use an immigration lawyer for your appeal? what were the grounds for refusal? Dont give up to be with your spouse? Is she a Canadian Citizen or a Nigerian?
9ja083:

I was not given any medical request. I have decided to forfeit anything that have to do with traveling to Canada for now.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
9ja083:

Hello 9ja083, while I understand your plight, I think it's best you order GCMS notes and try to do your findings regarding the rejection, deep investigations to find out the underlying cause of the rejection. Honestly I find it quite strange that despite all your proofs and even your genuine marriage certificate, they kept bouncing your application. Is your husband a Nigerian-Canadian or Caucasian? I believe there is a reason for the rejection that you are yet to find out.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by obilec: 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
9ja083:

Sorry, I understand. Goodluck in your endeavors.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by 9ja083: 7:32am On Oct 14, 2021
megastu:
Including being with your spouse?

Did you use an immigration lawyer for your appeal? what were the grounds for refusal? Dont give up to be with your spouse? Is she a Canadian Citizen or a Nigerian?
I didn’t use immigration lawyer. My husband is a Canadian citizen.
I have forgotten about it. I don’t think I will go back to reapply
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Favouriteguy: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2021
Hello everybody
Trust we are all hopeful.
Please I have a question and would be glad to know those who ha e gone through this process b4.

I got a Passport Request on 13th September and I submitted via DHL to Abuja 15th Sept but up till this moment I haven't gotten a mail or message that my passport has been returned.

Is it normal? It is 23 working days already...

NB: my application is for Permanent Residence (Family Class)
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by obilec: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Favouriteguy:
Hello everybody
Please I have a question and would be glad to know those who ha e gone through this process b4.

I got a Passport Request on 13th September and I submitted via DHL to Abuja 15th Sept but up till this moment I haven't gotten a mail or message that my passport has been returned.

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Olicynflows: 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
9ja083:

my dear investigate well, let it not be that your spouse doesn’t want you to come and is not giving the right document. If not then prayer is needed

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
Olicynflows:
my dear investigate well, let it not be that your spouse doesn’t want you to come and is not giving the right document. If not then prayer is needed
Honestly, you just voiced out my worries. It reminds me of the viral story of the man who kept deceiving his wife by filing for her and the kids to relocate to the USA but she was always bounced back. After each trials followed bitter tears. Then one day a staff who has noticed her took pity on her and decided to help look into her rejections only to find out that the husband has remarried in America and prior to her numerous reapplication/rejections, he had sent a mail earlier to the embassy to disregard her application as he has cut all ties with the woman and was no longer married to her.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Pamelanie94(f): 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2021
Favouriteguy:
Hello everybody

Hello,

Have your gotten your passport back?
I sent mine on the 27th of September and I’m still waiting to receive mine.

Also I wanted to ask everyone if unvaccinated travelers allowed into Canada?

I’ll be traveling this month end and I plan to get the vaccine when I get there.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by TWoods(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
9ja083:

Strange. I am likely to assume that your marriage isn't truly genuine. Why would you just give up on moving to live with your husband and why isn't he doing more to smoothen this out? As a Canadian citizen, it is within his right to ensure his wife is permitted to come to live with him.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by iskilayodele: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2021
My application got rejected. My wife mailed it to IRCC 4 weeks ago, and we received the application back from IRCC yesterday.
The reason behind the rejection was that the application was incomplete

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by megastu(m): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Permanent Residence visa or Temporary Residence Visa?
iskilayodele:
My application got rejected. My wife mailed it to IRCC 4 weeks ago, and we received the application back from IRCC yesterday.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by iskilayodele: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
Permanent residence it is. However, we ve corrected the error and resubmitted yesterday
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by joy2dworld4eva: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
iskilayodele:
Kindly reply your email.
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by gpdkingpin1(m): 9:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Hey. Congrats. Please when did you get married?
Eggovic:
Updated timeline:

App Received: July 2nd 2021
AOR1: September 1st 2021
Medical Request:
Biometric Letter: September 4th 2021
Sponsor Approval: September 4th 2021
ECAS Line 2: September 9th 2021
Medical Given:
Medical Passed in GcKey:
Bio Completed and Updated in GCKey: September 8th 2021
Pre-Arrival:
Decision Made in ECAS:
PPR:

VO: Accra ghana
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by kennykentipsy: 7:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hi everyone

How many days does it take on an average to get medical passed after Medicals has been done
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Eggovic: 1:32am On Nov 21, 2021
gpdkingpin1:
Hey. Congrats. Please when did you get married?
Thank you. This year
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by iskilayodele: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
You got married this year and got your spouse visa approved this same year? I thought it takes 12 months
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by gpdkingpin1(m): 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nice. Congratulations. Have you left now?

Eggovic:

Thank you. This year
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by Eggovic: 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
gpdkingpin1:
Nice. Congratulations. Have you left now?

Thank you. I'm still around
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by adveert002: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
good evening everybody and congratulations to those who got their visa

please I am about to start my application online, is there a new portal for this application? because i am aware there is a new portal for visitors visa.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by OloriOfMontreal: 4:13am On Dec 10, 2021
This thread doesn't appear to be active; embarassed please we need alumni Spousal sponsorship members to help answer some questions cry

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by gpdkingpin1(m): 1:20am On Dec 11, 2021
No. Its the same old portal. Best of luck

adveert002:
good evening everybody and congratulations to those who got their visa

please I am about to start my application online, is there a new portal for this application? because i am aware there is a new portal for visitors visa.
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by gpdkingpin1(m): 1:20am On Dec 11, 2021
What do you want to know?

OloriOfMontreal:
This thread doesn't appear to be active; embarassed please we need alumni Spousal sponsorship members to help answer some questions cry
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by OloriOfMontreal: 3:23am On Dec 11, 2021
gpdkingpin1:
What do you want to know?

I'd like to know if anyone submitted an Outland sponsorship application and got a work permit in the interim?
Cos according to the requirements/process, one can only submit a work permit application if one is applying for inland sponsorship. With Outland you can't get a work permit. But would like to know if there are any exceptions.
PS: Outland seems to be more favorable cos of the flexibility to travel in and outside of Canada.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by OloriOfMontreal: 12:57am On Dec 12, 2021
Bump
Re: Canada Spouse Family Sponsorship Visa/appeal Process by adveert002: 1:15am On Dec 12, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna / Worst Bridge In The World At Igwe Ito, Obi LGA In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.