Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Whwn I Knew I Dont Like Buhari As A Leader - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whwn I Knew I Dont Like Buhari As A Leader (243 Views)

How Gov. El- Rufai Exposed Buhari As A Dictator / JUNGLE JUSTICE: How I Would've Been Burnt For A Crime I Knew Nothing About / 12 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whwn I Knew I Dont Like Buhari As A Leader by Tonway(m): 5:52am On Oct 12, 2018
WHEN I KNEW I DON’T LIKE BUHARI AS A LEADER

General Mohammadu up until 1998 used to be my hero and icon because of those mythical war and bravery stories that used to fly around in the barracks about him where I grew up, just like every other military General and other soldiers. We even loved him the more when we heard he refused to plead to reach a truce with General Ibrahim Babangida, the man who overthrew him. Even when he made a comeback under General Sani Abacha, we were still happy and even allowed another rounds of tale to fly to us that Gen. Buhari was going to be reinstated, a thing that has never happened in the history of the military before, except for Jonathan’s regime, where a soldier was either dismissed or retired and later called back.

Then fast forward to 1999 when another General, Gen. Obasanjo won election and returned to power as a democratically elected President. You see Buhari didn’t have faith in the transition that was organized by Gen Abdulsalam Abubakar, because Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar was perceived as the choice and imposition of Gen. IBB, a man Buhari has sworn to make and have as enemy till eternity. To me that was when I began to know that this man can be so consumed by personal vendetta, unforgiveness, and bitterness to the point of being eaten up by the past over the country where he was supposed to be an Elder statesman. Then came the Sharia issue that was threatening the unity of the country and killings everywhere in some states in the North in 1999/2000. Instead for Buhari, a former leader of the country to say what would have doused tension and cemented peace, he rather made the most “un Leadership” statement that further fueled the crises and continued the divide. Again there was the case with the fighting of the insurgency in the Northern states, when Buhari had categorically challenged the then federal government and told the world that the fight was a fight against the North. What a statement, as he just sorts to pitch the entire north against the government of the day. And you’re aware that throughout the PDP’s government of sixteen years (16)yrs PMB never attended any of the National Security Council meetings, which by law he was eligible and supposed to attend as former head of state and leader of the country? I hope we are not forgetting so soon, the post election violence that claimed several lives, including those of some National Youth Service Corp members, as a result of a certain “Baboon and monkeys soaking in their blood”, a statement by a “supposedly” elder statesman.

(1) (Reply)

Paternity Lawsuit: Legal Perspectives And Child Support / How To Create Free Wordpress Site/blog Using A Free Hosted Account / Oshiomhole Speaks About His ‘crimes’, Why Stakeholders Want Him Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.