Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

An OPEN LETTER To Mr Fela Durotoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An OPEN LETTER To Mr Fela Durotoye (292 Views)

Fela Durotoye Cautioning A ‘Big Man’ To Join The Queue At Abuja Airport (Video) / Fela Durotoye Dancing In Abuja (Photos) / Can Fela Durotoye Fix Nigeria? Watch For His 2019 Blueprint!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An OPEN LETTER To Mr Fela Durotoye by Olurantimisire(f): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2018
Dear Sir,
I know how much work you've been putting into your Presidential Campaign, well done sir. Without much Ado, I'd go straight to the points.

I met you in 2011, not physically, but through GEMSTONE, I believed in it and keyed into it at first sight. I was amazed a thoughtful and patriotic citizen could do all you did then, raising positive minded leaders, impacting communities. Kudos to you sir. You truly deserve some accolades.
If as a patriotic citizen you were able to do all that, no doubt you'd do much more as an elected leader.

Let me tell you the truth.

You want to become the President of Nigeria but you are only popular among young people, not just young people but young elites. I'm sorry to break it to you sir but these people don't vote. Until people start voting from the comfort of their homes, young people are too Behind to go and stay on a queue to vote. Get your PVC Campaign? Some and not all of them got it. Your know what is trending now? WHO TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO EVILS, WHO IS THE LESSER EVIL, BUHARI AND ATIKU? And most of them are now rooting for ATIKU. They believe the Presidential Race is just between two political parties APC and PDP, this is heart breaking, knowing our young people went to schools but are not learned. They belive Fela Durotoye would do well but he is not popular, votes against ATIKU would only strengthen APC because of the powerful influence in the North.

Sir, I want to assure you of the fact that old people vote more than young people, the illiterates vote more than the literates and it not just a Nigerian thing, it is like this all over the world, I realized this from the recent Political Awareness Videos circulating on social media targeted at American young people. I hope our young people would be sensitive enough to realize, it's never a fight between two evils or a choice between one of the lesser evils...because a vote given to either of the two is another slavery transaction, and we young people do not just tamper with our future but those of our next generation - children.

Dear sir, the voters do not live in the big mansions and high end bungalows in suburbs. Most of them are not even on social media. They are the women frying garri in the villages, they are the fishermen whose houses are washed away on yearly basis by flood. They are the young people who have never seen the four walls of school and who do not have the hope to see such as they are already contented with the 3 figures they get from ward meetings from their warlords. The voters are the old men and women who are fighting for contracts and free money to better themselves and their families - the cabals. They actually send money to the rural areas where there are much voters for the electorates to vote for their candidates.

It is going to take you hardwork more than you are currently involved in to get to these people. You can't reach them all but you need convincing leaders like yourself to be stationed with these electorates at their rural settlements. They need to see what the future holds, after all most of them claim to be working for the sake of their children.

You can innovate on the Obama presidential race approach, children have influence on their parents, you should not overlook that, go to their schools, meet with those in the hospitals, those in the market. You do not need a show like I know you can't even offer, they need your heart, like you've always given.

P. S. I'm not seeing your posters in the Northern States, not even in Akure but I see some on Social Media, more actions need to be taken sir and I believe you are already working on that.

It is possible to win this election thought it is going to take hardwork.
When people say, "He doesn't have political experience," I smile with blood on my face, NIGERIA DOES NOT NEED A POLITICIAN, NIGERIA NEEDS A LEADER. David has never fought any battle when he won one of the toughest battles in Israel.

Best regards,

Owoseeni Roseline

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An OPEN LETTER To Mr Fela Durotoye by dadalicious: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2018
So true
I hope it gets to him
Re: An OPEN LETTER To Mr Fela Durotoye by YIBNET: 9:38am On Oct 12, 2018
Nice one, how I wish radio stations will make more case for the lesser political party since we vote parties rather than individual.

The lesser Devil buhari..till 2023.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Whereabouts: Court Summons Orji Uzor Kalu / State Of Pensioner’s Service Record @ptadnigeria Inherited / 2019: South East Reacts To Atiku Abubakar’s Choice Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.