Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be (1485 Views)

Remo Omokri: North And SW Are The Only Places You Can Campaign Openly And Freely / EFCC Officials Cleaning Marks On Houses They Claimed Belong To Fayose / Photos Showing Anambra State Under PDP VP Candidate Peter Obi Vs Governor Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 9:23am On Oct 12, 2018

In this article, we are going to analyze the political clout of South Western Nigeria from 2011 and their impact on Presidential elections in Nigeria.

In 2011 election, the National election turnout was 52.3%, while turn out in the North was 52.8%, turn out in Eastern Nigerian (South East (66.9) and South South (67.0%)) was 67.0% while SW was 32.8% and they repeated this turn out in 2015 again.

While other regions either fell within the national average or exceeded it, South West was the only region that went below it by 37%, while South East and South South both exceeded it by 27.0%.

At the end of the election, out of the 16290593 votes casted in the South, the South West contributed 28.3% by casting only 4613712 votes, leaving South East and South South to provide the remaining 71.7%, casting 11676881.

Out of this 16290593 votes casted in the South, 13890271 votes were casted for PDP. South West even though it has the highest population in the South contributed only 20% of those votes by casting 2786417 votes, leaving South East with the lowest population and South South with the median population to contribute the other 80%, at 36% and 44% respectively and casting 4985246 and 6118608 votes respectively.

While South West contributed only 12.3% of the entire 22495187 votes PDP got at the election, South East and South South contributed 49.4%, leaving the entire North (3 regions) and FCT to provide the other 38.3%

It is important to point out that while South East gave 98.3% of their votes to PDP, South South gave 96.3%, while South West 60.4%, making them the only region that doesn't give bloc vote, while South East as PDP's strongest hold.

In 2015, South West gave 1851416 votes to PDP while giving 2433193 votes to APC, making APC win South West by a meager votes of 581777, advantage Anambra in the South East rendered useless by giving PDP 660762, returning advantage to PDP by 78985 votes.

It is important to point out that since majority of the 1851416 votes to PDP were gotten from Igbo dominated areas, should South West vote the way they did in 2015, Anambra will always be on ground to restore advantage.

While South West gave 43.2% of their votes to PDP, South East gave 93.0% of their votes to PDP while South South gave 91.8%. This again confirms South East as PDP's strongest hold and South West as the only region that doesn't give bloc votes in the South.

While South West contributed 14.4% of the total PDP's votes of 12853162 and 15.8% of APC's votes, South South and South East contributed 55.9% of PDP's votes and 4.0% of APC's votes leaving the entire North and FCT to contibute the other 29.7% of PDP's votes and 80.2% of APC's votes.

Finally it is important to point out 4 things:

1. In 2011, assuming South West gave 100% of their votes to Buhari's CPC who came second and gave nothing to PDP and other parties, Jonathan's PDP would have still won the election by 6093068 votes.

South West voted 2786417 for PDP, 1369943 for ACN, 321609 to CPC and 30906 for ANPP.

2. In 2015, assuming South West as a region decided not to vote at all, Buhari would have still won by 1989982 votes.

3. In 2015, assuming South West APC decided not to vote, allowing only South West PDP to vote for Jonathan, Buhari would have still won by 138566 votes.

4. Maybe as a result of faulty card reader recorded in the South East and South South during the election, which even caused His Excellency, the former President to try 7 times before been captured, turn out in SE fell from 66.9% in 2011 to 37% in 2015 and turn out in the South South fell from 67% in 2011 to 56% in 2015, while South West got the same turn out as in 2011. In the North, turn out in 2015 was 54.4% in Kebbi, 60% in Zamfara, while Boko Haram infested Borno, Adamawa and Yobe had an average turn out of 41.7%.

Assuming South East and South South alone voted in 2015 the way they did in 2011, with the other 4 regions and FCT voting like they did in 2015, Jonathan would have gotten 16777385 votes, beating Buhari with 1352464 votes.

In summary, experience from 1999 has taught us that South West PDP supporters are mainly Igbos and Niger Deltans, while South West APC (which metamorphosed from ACN) are mainly Yorubas.

Statistics from 2011 Presidential election equally confirms this. In that year, South West as a region alone, fielding a Northerner, Mallam Ribadu running on a Yoruba regional party ACN, gave the party 65.9% of its total vote, while contributing 89% of the Party's votes from the South, while South East and South South provided the other 11%.

Statistics from 2007, when His Excellency, the former Vice President, ran on that platform equally confirms this.

As a result of this, the South West can never offer a bloc vote. Hence, no matter who South West APC vote for, they CAN NEVER influence the outcome of any Presidential election. Their votes are just formalities.

SOURCES:
https://naijagists.com/final-inec-results-of-2015-nigerian-presidential-election-by-state-buhari-wins-21-states-gej-picks-16/

www.nigerianmuse.com/20110419040622zg/sections/general-articles/details-of-2011-presidential-election-results-in-nigeria/

5 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2018
Inconsequential analysis.
Dare the southwest at your peril.

We determine who becomes the president

5 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2018
For those that didn't understand, here is a quick summary:

1. In 2011, only SW's election turn out was below the national average.

2. In the same year, out of all the votes casted in the South, Sw contributed 28% while SS/SE contributed 72%.

3. Of the votes that went for PDP from the South, SW contributed only 20% even though they voted heavily for PDP that same year while SE/SS contributed the other 80%.

4. Of all the total votes PDP got in that election, SW contibuted 12%, SE/SS gave 50% and the entire North (NE, NW, NC) gave 38%.

5. SW gave 60% of all their votes to PDP, SE gave 98% while SS gave 96%.

This is for 2011.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2018
There no difference between 2015 elections and what will come in 2019....
Churches were preaching against Buhari in 2014, the same is happening now...
Oyedepo prayed and cursed the gate of hell to open against Jonathan's enemies,same is happening now......
Igbos and social media was on fire for Jonathan, so it's now for Atiku
But at the end Sai baba Buhari gave Jonathan the beating of his life....
The same thing will happen to Atiku the gay...
All this happened when Buhari was playing away ooooo, now that Sai baba is playing home, Atiku sorry for your gay asssss....

3 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2018
In 2015:

1. APC won SW with 580k votes while PDP won Anambra alone with 660k votes thereby nullifying SW votes by over 78k votes.

2. SW voted 43% for PDP, SE voted 93% for PDP while SS voted 92%. The SW 43% votes came mostly from Igbo dominated areas of SW.

3. SW contributed only 16% of APC votes while SE/SE contributed 56% of PDP's vote while the North contributed 80.2% of APC's vote with Middlebelt delivering the killer punch.

This is just for 2015. Continue to see what SW wouldn't want you to know.

Cc:
sogodihno
NotJustOk

5 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 9:48am On Oct 12, 2018
Kyase:
Oyedepo prayed and cursed the gate of hell to open against Jonathan's enemies,same is happening now......
All this happened when Buhari was playing away ooooo, now that Sai baba is playing home, Atiku sorry for your gay asssss....
That was before he was demystified. You forgot that Kwankwanso, Tambuwal, Saraki, Dogara, Atiku, OBJ, Mbaka, Ortoms, where with him, but now, where are they?

7 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2018
EastGold:
Inconsequential analysis. Dare the southwest at your peril.
Sorry, Middlebelt does. You contributed 16% of Buhari's votes.

6 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by baliyubla: 9:51am On Oct 12, 2018
Perfect summation! Those guys never deliver block votes to any candidate during elections if its not one of their own for President. Was really shocked when I saw them convulsing everywhere on the pages of newspapers and social media begging for the VP slot of the PDP. The dullard in power angling for a SE VP to replace Osinbajo means he too understands that, the opposition party picking a SE candidate for VP will mean an 80% turn out for the SE and SS to vote their own, which in turn signals the burial of the Buhari administration.

5 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

That was before he was demystified. You forgot that Kwankwanso, Tambuwal, Saraki, Dogara, Atiku, OBJ, Mbaka, Ortoms, where with him, but now, where are they?
Without Kwankaso, Tambuwal, idiotic saraki Dogara, Atiku are useless....
Ortom akume made him governor....
Mbaka is so useless he couldn't win a local government for Buhari...
Buhari has been flogging Atiku in adamawa since no be today.....
Bros all those guys where there because of baba....

2 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by SarkinYarki: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2018
Kyase:

You people forget that many people like me votes for Buhari in 2015 and in 2019 we will be shifting those votes enmasse to Atiku ...truth be told Buharis only chance is brazen result alteration and trust me that too will be challenged to hell and back and if Buhari is not careful he will be dragged out of Aso rock in shame like Gbagbo by British commandoes...everybody is tired of Buhari

5 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Ganzagangan: 9:58am On Oct 12, 2018
Truly yannnmmirri analysis.

You guys would soon revert to your delusional clamour for biafra, seems it doesn't matter now.

As usual when you guys lose, you would start wailing.

Sai Baba.

1 Like

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2018
SarkinYarki:

You people forget that many people like me votes for Buhari in 2015 and in 2019 we will be shifting those votes enmasse to Atiku ...truth be told Buharis only chance is brazen result alteration and trust me that too will be challenged to hell and back and if Buhari is not careful he will be dragged out of Aso rock in shame like Gbagbo by British commandoes...everybody is tired of Buhari
My sister and some of my friends that voted against Buhari, are vowing to vote for him next year....
We lose 1, we get 5 in returns...
Sai baba 27million votes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2018
The Insight:

1. If SW had given all their votes to Buhari in 2011, Jonathan would have still won. So in 2011, SW votes couldn't have make any difference.

2. In 2015, if SW had boycotted the entire election, Buhari would have still won, but if SE had boycotted the election, it would have been a landslide win for Buhari.

3. If Yoruba backed APC had boycotted the election leaving Igbo backed PDP to vote, Buhari would have still won this means that SW APC's votes can't make any difference.

4. If the card reader malfunction didn't disenfranchise SE/SS and their turnout was like that of 2011 and other previous elections before 2015 and other regions voted for Buhari massively like they did, Jonathan would have won the election by 1.6 million votes.

Finally, under a free and fair election, SW APC can never match Ndi Igbo nationwide.

4 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 10:00am On Oct 12, 2018
Ganzagangan:
Truly yannnmmirri analysis.

You guys would soon revert to your delusional clamour for biafra, seems it doesn't matter now.

As usual when you guys lose, you would start wailing.

Sai Baba.
I don't expect an almajiri to understand how to read numbers.

2 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by SarkinYarki: 10:02am On Oct 12, 2018
Kyase:

My sister and some of my friends that voted against Buhari, are vowing to vote for him next year....
Sai baba 27million votes

It's clear you are not a Tiv man

4 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2018
Kyase:

Sai baba 27million votes
Buhari have lost Middlebelt, Shia moslem, Northern christians, NE, some Kwankwasiyya members, part of Sokoto. We know that once Atiku starts campaigning with restructuring, he would cut deep into SW APC and lock down SS. SE is always on standby to handle the final blow.

6 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 10:06am On Oct 12, 2018
Kyase:
Without Kwankaso, Tambuwal, idiotic saraki Dogara, Atiku are useless.... Ortom akume made him governor.... Mbaka is so useless he couldn't win a local government for Buhari... Buhari has been flogging Atiku in adamawa since no be today..... Bros all those guys where there because of baba....
Ok. We shall see then. I hope you are not expecting votes from Shia moslems.

4 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Ok. We shall see then. I hope you are not expecting votes from Shia moslems.
I know two shia that are campaigning for Buhari right now bros grin

1 Like

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by IamAtikulate: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2018
Kyase:

Only 2 out of 10 million? I know many fulanis that are campaigning against Buhari now.

2 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Buhari have lost Middlebelt, Shia moslem, Northern christians, NE, some Kwankwasiyya members, part of Sokoto. We know that once Atiku starts campaigning with restructuring, he would cut deep into SW APC and lock down SS. SE is always on standby to handle the final blow.
Buhari is winning 4 states in NC.
Kwankaso supporters have only two candidates.
1 Kwankaso himself
2 Buhari.
You can ask them

1 Like

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 10:11am On Oct 12, 2018
SarkinYarki:

It's clear you are not a Tiv man
Okay Tor tiv
Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by basilo101: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2018
Yorubas bragging that they decide who win is funny to me. A cheap blackmail to get VP ticket. Igbos have been PDP since 99 whether good or bad. Yoruba are welcome if they want but must prove their genuine commitment before getting anything

4 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Only 2 out of 10 million? I know many fulanis that are campaigning against Buhari now.
E go shock you brother.... grin
Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by EternalTruths: 10:15am On Oct 12, 2018
Kyase:

Shut up before I pour your hot water.

Shia campaigning for which Buhari.

You think we are nursery school children here.

2 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by EternalTruths: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Just as I told some of my friends, SW and NW are filled with lots of non indigenes capable of offsetting Buhari's strongholds in the SW & NW.

I won't be surprised if Buhari drops Osinbajo for an Igbo man in order to split the SE & SS from Atiku.

4 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by meolaniyi(m): 10:20am On Oct 12, 2018
Op your use of tenses made me not to believe that your analysis
Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 12, 2018
Going through all these stress just because of Yorubas who are unpredictable? At the end now, Atiku would end up with even North central VP and you'd see the Yorubas will still vote for him. During Yar'adua region, Yorubas didn't make top 3 same as GEJ first tenure buh still Yorubas supported them. Y'all should just cut this crap already. It's sickening. At the worst, the vote will be divided. When the Yorubas was hoping for the PDP chairman post, Wike, SE and SS thought they were wise to push Yorubas out. Had it been Wike wasn't stupid to not have seen the future, we wouldn't be here now. It would be straight to SE.
Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by xpmode(m): 10:25am On Oct 12, 2018
EastGold:
Inconsequential analysis.
Dare the southwest at your peril.

2015 own pass this one.

And the OP is calling 2011 election votes as if he did not know that 1 person voted PDP 10x
Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by izombie(m): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2018
So upon all their noise, south west votes are almost useless. Check this out, buhari's win margin in the entire SW was equaled by only anambra. And if the entire SW didn't vote in 2015 election buhari would've still won. These afonjagbantis are really funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Kyase(m): 10:32am On Oct 12, 2018
EternalTruths:

Shut up before I pour your hot water.

Shia campaigning for which Buhari.

You think we are nursery school children here.
go give your asssssss to Atiku Menh...
Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by Nemesis001: 10:34am On Oct 12, 2018
Southwest voting strength are overrated. grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP VP: Why SW Are Not Who They Claimed To Be by oyatz(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2018
Is SW APC in any contest with Ndiigbo worldwide?

This kind of petty talks will only serve to undermine the rainbow mass movement of Nigerians necessary to win (especially against an incumbent) a presidential election.

IamAtikulate:
The Insight:

1. If SW had given all their votes to Buhari in 2011, Jonathan would have still won. So in 2011, SW votes couldn't have make any difference.

2. In 2015, if SW had boycotted the entire election, Buhari would have still won, but if SE had boycotted the election, it would have been a landslide win for Buhari.

3. If Yoruba backed APC had boycotted the election leaving Igbo backed PDP to vote, Buhari would have still won this means that SW APC's votes can't make any difference.

4. If the card reader malfunction didn't disenfranchise SE/SS and their turnout was like that of 2011 and other previous elections before 2015 and other regions voted for Buhari massively like they did, Jonathan would have won the election by 1.6 million votes.

Finally, under a free and fair election, SW APC can never match Ndi Igbo nationwide.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Atiku Isn't A Match For Buhari / Policeman, INEC Officials Seen Exchanging Ballot Boxes In A Private Car In Abuja / Is Sowore Protest A CIA Clandestine Operation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.