Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York (41194 Views)

Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by rusher14: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
wickyyolo:

Economy class and she is complaining grin

Please don't laugh at her but she needs to appreciate the difference.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Schwartz: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
rusher14:

Not so sure you were in Business class.
What has the class got to do with? First class, business class or economy its the same risk and fatigue. Have you experienced turbulence on air before? Have you even flown before? Flying is not for the faint hearted o especially long trips

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by rusher14: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
Schwartz:

What has the class got to do with? First class, business class or economy its the same risk and fatigue. Have you experienced turbulence on air before? Have you even flown before? Flying is not for the faint hearted o especially long trips

What exactly are you saying?

Can you compare the leg room, reclined seats that are actually beds with the cramped seats in economy?

There's a good reason they shut the curtains and I tell you it's not only because of the cuisine.

By the way, no be no Molue carry me come UK yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by GOFRONT(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2018
To come fly us to dubai na!! grin grin grin
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by holluphemydavid(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
GOFRONT:
When is it coming to Nigeria??
to meet d lifeless president u mean?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Agugbadin: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
Singapore airlines was the best airline for the year 2017
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Agkolchips: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
Good thinking Good product...
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by AbujaBlue: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
OP that is a picture of the wrong plane. The A350-900 ULR is a much smaller aircraft than the A380 (pictured)
!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by AbujaBlue: 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
This is the correct picture

2 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by centboy123456(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
dessz:
Common from Lagos to Benin I vomited 3 times cos of motion sickness, just thinking of the 18hrs of non stop flight.. Makes me wanna throw up

lol baba are u serious
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Smile4daddy(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2018
I'm stil waiting 4 the day I will enter a plane�then once we get to the skies, I will escape tru the back door and enter heaven. Planet Earth Struggling Nor Be Here. tongue tongue
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by wink2015(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
Automotive1:

Singapore Airlines has reclaimed the title for the world’s longest commercial flight with the relaunch of its 9,534 mile Singapore to New York route.

The Airline cancelled the Singapore to New York direct flights in 2013 due to high oil prices .

The brand new A350-900 ULR (ULR for ultra-long-range) 161-passenger aircraft used for this record-breaking 18.45 hours non-stop journey (under normal condition) departed yesterday Oct. 11 with 150 passengers and 17 crew .

This flight time is over 45 minutes longer than Qatar Airways’ Doha to Auckland route - the previous longest non-stop journey . The distance and flight time varies with headwinds,tailwinds,weather condition and aircraft's model.

All 67 business class seats were fully booked while the 94 premium economy seats had limited number of seats left. Both classes of seats have a return flight that starts from £3,805 (N1.8m) and £1,230(N591k) per person respectively. There will be no economy class on this route .

The business class passengers will get a bed space, two meals they can request to eat at anytime and refreshments in between, while the Premium economy passengers will get two meals at fixed times plus snacks.

Free WiFi and an extra 200 hours of films and TV shows are available onboard each Singapore to New York flight that will initially run three times a week while daily operations starts on October 18 after a second Airbus A350-900 enters service.

What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/worlds-longest-non-stop-passenger-flight-takes-off-from-singapore-to-new-york/

singapore is a small but mighty country.

Nigeria is a failed state loaded with corrupt political leaders.

2 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Bacteriologist(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
toyetade:

From where did you took off ?

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by odedinigbin(m): 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2018
Afonja007:
edo airways na im me dey use their food good rice and human tongue

Ehhnnnnn!
O boy,u nid a serious deliverance o
U dey dey eat human beings?
I pity ur papa and mama o
Cos u fit eat dem
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by dessz(m): 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
centboy123456:

lol baba are u serious
the thing don tire me oh.. I just stick to sleeping immediately after I take off
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Bacteriologist(m): 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
AbujaBlue:
This is the correct picture

It's all CGI and a green screen.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by AZeD1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2018
Akorkor:
Very long Journey. I recently flew Emirate to Los Angeles last week and its 16hrs long and it was hell. Whereas, Turkish airline was a just 12hrs distance to the same location.

Flying too long has a very bad side effect like swollen legs, high blood pressure et al. So I won't even recommend this to my enemy.

There's a trick to flying long hours.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by yankison(m): 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
[quote author=Okpueze1 post=72013931]When you have progressive minds in the helm of affairs.
We don't even have a national carrier in Nigeria.[/quote

We individuals are the one dragging Nigeria backward ... Those civil servant at helm of authority are more corrupt than the politicians ..if you know you know .
How could snake swallow 30millon in a jamb office ]
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by ChroniclesNg(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
Automotive1:

Singapore Airlines has reclaimed the title for the world’s longest commercial flight with the relaunch of its 9,534 mile Singapore to New York route.

The Airline cancelled the Singapore to New York direct flights in 2013 due to high oil prices .

The brand new A350-900 ULR (ULR for ultra-long-range) 161-passenger aircraft used for this record-breaking 18.45 hours non-stop journey (under normal condition) departed yesterday Oct. 11 with 150 passengers and 17 crew .

This flight time is over 45 minutes longer than Qatar Airways’ Doha to Auckland route - the previous longest non-stop journey . The distance and flight time varies with headwinds,tailwinds,weather condition and aircraft's model.

All 67 business class seats were fully booked while the 94 premium economy seats had limited number of seats left. Both classes of seats have a return flight that starts from £3,805 (N1.8m) and £1,230(N591k) per person respectively. There will be no economy class on this route .

The business class passengers will get a bed space, two meals they can request to eat at anytime and refreshments in between, while the Premium economy passengers will get two meals at fixed times plus snacks.

Free WiFi and an extra 200 hours of films and TV shows are available onboard each Singapore to New York flight that will initially run three times a week while daily operations starts on October 18 after a second Airbus A350-900 enters service.

What do you think?

See the list you can pay to book a flight below

www.chronicles.com.ng

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
GOFRONT:
When is it coming to Nigeria??
tomorrow morning.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Kobicove(m): 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
izzou:
angry

There would be no economy class on this route? angry angry

Rubbish angry

Let me go to Edo state and board something faster and cheaper

Nonsense angry

Edo Airways abi? grin
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Felixv: 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2018
Congrats. One for airbus over Boeing

But I see Boeing looking for revenge - 797.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Automotive1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
wink2015:

singapore is a small but mighty country.

Nigeria is a failed state loaded with corrupt political leaders.
True...

The Politicians keep stealing money they will never spend cheesy
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Akorkor(f): 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2018
rusher14:

Not so sure you were in Business class.

NO!!! I am not in Business class. Although after the plane landed, I saw some girls taking a shot from business class sit. I am sure they are posting it on IG
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Akorkor(f): 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
rusher14:

Please don't laugh at her but she needs to appreciate the difference.

My dear, I don't need you to plead to anyone not to laugh. I have flown many planes and if I want business class I will get it. In life, there is time for everything

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Akorkor(f): 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
toyetade:

From where did you took off ?

Dubai to LA. 16hrs flight.

For Istanbul to LA - 12hrs

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by macello4(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
daben1:
"akorkor" pepper?
i guest u are from kogi rite scalygwan
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Akorkor(f): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
Schwartz:

Tell them!!! Most of them have not even been to the airport before. Always running their mouth on the internet.

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by macello4(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
daben1:
"akorkor" pepper?
i guest u are from kogi Ebira rite scalygwan
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by bujebudanu1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
E don land na
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Akorkor(f): 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
macello4:
i guest u are from kogi rite scalygwan

NO!! I am not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Many Injured (Photos) / Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 / Fully Loaded Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.