Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 (18276 Views)

Check Out This Professional Logo Designs That Made A Difference. / How To Choose A Colour Scheme For Your Logo Design / For Ur Professional Logo,t-shirt,card,banners Etc @ Affordable Price Enter Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by silasweb(m): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
Very nice thread
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Jaqenhghar: 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nike was designed for 5$ . Eat my shorts

1 Like

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Jaytecq(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
ijbeauty:
Who will teach me pls
i will teach you till you have no questions to ask http://instagram.com/jaytecq Trust me!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Newboss(m): 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2018
CodeTemplar:
true words.
Logo design is time consuming also. if you fuel a gen to get a logo designed.
You use pencil and paper to design logo. angry That's a million dollar secretangry

1 Like

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Jaqenhghar: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Problem is, Nigerians will ask to pay little or nothing plus copious revisions like say nah dem dey feed person.
No wetin dey pain na say one dunce with zero imagination will come and be charging you tons money. Na on top your head dem want be millionaire
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by chosenwan1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2018
The thing with logos is there are professionals and hustlers. The hustler is hungry and s/he would take anything because they want to quickly build their portfolio. Meanwhile the professional has the expertise and process to deliver, s/he knows how to create a brand not just a one of design that does not mean anything. Bottom line the hustlers have bastardized the market, hence why Nigerians do not place any value on such services besides there is always one hustler who would do it for cooked indomie and coke. My logos are still 15k for start ups meanwhile the price varies for established firms grin
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Premiumwriter: 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Problem is, Nigerians will ask to pay little or nothing plus copious revisions like say nah dem dey feed person.
the thing tire me o
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by lucarella: 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Oh please spare me! Everyone will create a story around a thing just to appear professional and make money off it.
A logo is a logo. If a company becomes a Fortune 500 company, the logo (no matter how it was created) automatically becomes a case study. If you pay 2,000 for a logo and it’s attractive enough to describe your brand, stick with it and invest more in making your company successful.

Logos don’t help your company become successful.

7 Likes

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by TruthHurts100: 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
Airoflaw:
how do u think dey pay dis guy

They didn't pay anybody for this. Someone inside the wacky bank must have done that for free.
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
ijbeauty:
Who will teach me pls
I can teach you via online

1 Like

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by ponti93(m): 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
@op you sincerely telling plenty story... Those logo of big names that you think was made with millions could have been made free or even done with free logo websites... When the company was still a young unpopular company... The reason why you think its professional is because the companies are now big brands... A logo no matter how ugly or uninspiring it looks... Will automatically have value and become memorable as you said, once the logo becomes a popular brand

2 Likes

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by InvertedHammer: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2018
/
What kind of magical thought and research went into the Nike, Mercedes, Coca-Cola, etc logos? They were designed when they had no sophisticated design softwares. Heck an automobile company used just the initial BMW. For a logo design for a piano company, every designer wants to include a picture of piano. Therein is the problem. A designer could get $1m for a logo design but don't forget that somewhere out there someone paid $20m for a painting that could pass for an incoherent scribble.

The thing about logos is that a logo becomes what you call it. If a brand is profitable, there will be no such thing as bad logo design for the brand. Apple could have a rabbit for a logo and still be profitable. Does logo really matter?
/

1 Like

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Splasshhh(f): 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
Buffalowings3:
grin
Fiverr things
Some Indian somewhere is ready to do it for 20$
for 5 cents if possible.
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by emperorblog(m): 10:45pm On Oct 12, 2018
did u need a profitable business idea ?
check my signature
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by DerrickM(m): 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2018
It's the value a designer gives it really but 2k is just so darn obvious that the person is hungry and trying to survive. It's now becoming the norm of most Nigerian clients to demand free work for exposure or do samples with no pay,i say this unapologetically. They don't mind splurging on material things for themselves or family but can price a designer's work like we are in Oshodi market. I got the shock of my life this year when I visited my good friend in his Lagos office who got me into graphic design and branding from our varsity days. He studied Industrial Design (Graphic Design option) while I studied Architecture but same faculty though I was year ahead.

He told me he designs logos for 250k now while I finally got a client to pay 10k for my design. I told him not to be so shocked as he has been in the game longer than I have,has packaging and now high paying clientelle back to back. Designers should value their work better and not be cheap themselves period.
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by ijbeauty(f): 1:02am On Oct 13, 2018
kelvinrhs:

I can teach you via online
Alright how do we go about it?
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by ijbeauty(f): 1:06am On Oct 13, 2018
Jaytecq:

i will teach you till you have no questions to ask http://instagram.com/jaytecq Trust me!!!

Wonderful. How do I reach you sir
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by TruthHurts100: 7:17am On Oct 13, 2018
I'm going to use a line or two from your write up on my Instagram. Am I permitted?

Logo design in today’s world is totally under rated. People do not understand how important a good logo is and how valuable it is to their business.

Kindly tell me your name, so I can quote you properly.

Thanks
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by don4real18(m): 7:31am On Oct 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
What kind of magical thought and research went into the Nike, Mercedes, Coca-Cola, etc logos? They were designed when they had no sophisticated design softwares. Heck an automobile company used just the initial BMW. For a logo design for a piano company, every designer wants to include a picture of piano. Therein is the problem. A designer could get $1m for a logo design but don't forget that somewhere out there someone paid $20m for a painting that could pass for an incoherent scribble.

The thing about logos is that a logo becomes what you call it. If a brand is profitable, there will be no such thing as bad logo design for the brand. Apple could have a rabbit for a logo and still be profitable. Does logo really matter?
/
Yes, a logo matters
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Codes151(m): 7:55am On Oct 13, 2018
Na logo person go wake up chop?
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by erad(m): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2018
TruthHurts100:
I'm going to use a line or two from your write up on my Instagram. Am I permitted?

Logo design in today’s world is totally under rated. People do not understand how important a good logo is and how valuable it is to their business.

Kindly tell me your name, so I can quote you properly.

Thanks

The article isn't mine,
The source is attached at the base.
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Princepri(m): 2:37am On Oct 14, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/

/

Logos matters a lot. sadly, Logos have lost their value especially in this part of the world. Nike paid $35 ($200 TODAY) for their logo to a design student at that time. Davison, the designer doddled for over 3 WEEKS and worked for 17 hours to design the logo. He presented multiple logos to the client and the swoosh was chosen. The company later rewarded her with 500 shares ($18,000) when the company went mainstream. http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/06/the-creator-of-the-nike-swoosh-logo-was-originally-paid-only-35-for-the-design/
Since then Nike have made 4 updates to the logo. Guess how much they paid?.
Most of the giant companies today, updated their logos multiple times. Yes, their logo is part of their success. Netflix lost millions of dollars because of a simple logo change
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/netflix-gets-new-logo-users-mourn-loss-of-the-nice-red-one-9551106.html
Logos don't have positive effect but they can have negative effects. If customers hate it, the brand will lose. Also don't forget the millions of dollars the company will use to reprint all their brand assets.
There is no successful logo you see today that hundred's of hours was not put into the research and the development of the logo. That's why you see their logos been used as case studies. There is a strong story and meaning to every popular design you see today. Good design is purposeful. you can't get good design by trial and error. Nike, Cocacola and BMW logos have very strong meaning that connect to their audience. It's part of the thing that makes them a successful brand. https://medium.com/@AED_in/10-famous-logos-that-have-hidden-meanings-a2ad075b59b1
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by kilojoDesigns: 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2018
kokomaster3d:
Apple Logo was designed for $1m by a renowned Graphic Designers.

I think Paul Rand

1 Like

Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Jaytecq(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
ijbeauty:

Wonderful. How do I reach you sir
Whatspp, Lets start from here 08083171337
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Kryptolord: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2021
Nice
Re: Why Professional Logo Design Does Not Cost N2,000 by Authenticbiz(m): 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
lucarella:
Oh please spare me! Everyone will create a story around a thing just to appear professional and make money off it.
A logo is a logo. If a company becomes a Fortune 500 company, the logo (no matter how it was created) automatically becomes a case study. If you pay 2,000 for a logo and it’s attractive enough to describe your brand, stick with it and invest more in making your company successful.

Perfect. The value attached to a logo is gotten from the success story of the brains managing the company.

There are companies that spent thousands of dollars in logo design, but the company was managed badly and both logo and company died.

Inanimate things don't actually have value their value comes from the values human place on them.

Simple...

Logos don’t help your company become successful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Medical student's Artworks / Sogal Art Auction, Victoria Island, Lagos, Top 7 Sales / See These Awesome Miniature Scale Art Cars By Eddie Putera (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.