Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (78469 Views)

A Nigerian Taxi Driver Picks Peter Obi In UK, Drives Him Free Of Charge (Photos) / If PDP Picks Peter Obi.... - Reno Omokri / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by CilicMarin: 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
wideawaken01:
Mention the name of an experienced politician in the North that will help Baba to WIN North the way they did in 2015.

What is power of incumbency when the powerful people that made it happen for Baba in 2015 have all gone out of APC.

Which experienced politician has been helping to win the North since 2003?

Somebody who has about 14 Northern Governors alone, and you are asking senseless question. Atiku will disgraced next year.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
senatordave1:
Am afraid this may result into an ethnic fight between ibos and yorubas.after my tribe,i love the ibos most but there several tribes that dont like them even in the south south.i think buhari will win the north while atiku wins south with buhari winning with less than 1 million votes..

U prefer nightmares to dreams grin
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by kotv: 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
CilicMarin:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

With This Combination!

Atiku Has Just Won The South West 100%

Sai Buhari Till 2023

grin Just decieving yourself. If he chose SW, it would have destroyed his guaranteed block vote in SE and SS. APC does not even have a guaranteed block vote in SW. Afterall, in 2011 despite Osibanjo was running as VP with Buhari, PDP vote was almost close to 50%. Also, there are SE and SS in South West who will vote and their vote counted as part of South West vote. He made the right decision. He saw through that trap APC tried to set up for him. Stay decieving yourself. Now he should figure out how to include NC and Atiku wins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by IbrahimDamola: 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
deomelo:
Politics and jokes aside, Atiku made the right decision even though at the back of his mind, he's still going to lose based on the same decision, but he's trying to minimize his lose.

Obi or anything ibo or ipob related in the North and the SW = Automatic failure, but he can not ignore the SE since the SE is the PDP's most rabid and eternally blind supporters. The SE is a deadly and losing trap he can not walk away from.

Atiku just self destruct, even though inevitable

With this goofy and predictable announcement, I'll just go ahead and sit back and enjoy @ #SAIBABA2019 cruise to VICTORY

grin grin

My dear pained buharideen brother, if the north don't want to associate with 'Igbos' why are they in a PDP whose chairman is an 'Uche'? grin

I know you are disappointed PDP didn't give you the ammunition to insult the East and taunt them by ignoring them, so your plan B is to hope and pray North hates the East and love your yoruba fake muslim skull. cheesy

E pain you wellu wellu! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by kotv: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U prefer nightmares to dreams grin

He's an APC supporter. Chances are he's not even from SS, probably a fulani or Hausa. A while back he kept saying that Atiku is hated in SS and SE because we supposedly hate Northerners. Since his propaganda was ignored, he's switched to SS and SE is the only place Atiku would win. He even believes APC has a strong foot in River State grin. Must be a different River State than the one I was born and raised. Please don't mind that one he's still sleeping. They believe the hate campaign they used and spread to win election before will work this time around. Please allow him to continue sleeping and dreaming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by san316(m): 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Which Tinubu's clout? He is only in charge of the Agbero class of voters. Lagos elites and middle class despise him.

Most of the elites and middle class either do not have time to queue for PVC or cannot wait in the sun to vote. How many cars do u see parked at polling units?
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by lucind(f): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
With this combination pdp has won SS and SE 100%, what's so special about SW vote. I have never seen a tribe as jealous as this people, tufiakwa!!!
CilicMarin:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

With This Combination!

Atiku Has Just Won The South West 100%

Sai Buhari Till 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by XOGBADO(m): 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

STOP thinking like that, The west has 6 states and they are all under the control of APC. U zone ur VP to a place u have strength, Not in a place ur weak n very likely to lose.

...Atiku is maximizing his strength, atleast PDP has rewarded loyalty. You have a point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by san316(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
blackgold90:

Why are you people so selfish, so the two VP should come from South West before you vote out APC?

Don't t forget the SS+SE will vote PDP if you like let your SW vote Buhari.

The North will surely vote Atiku.

You will be surprised how Atiku will lose woefully in the north by the time our singers release damning album about him. By the time Atiku is damaged in the north, he would only get votes in plateau, Benue and Taraba. Niger is non negotiable, Kogi is a no go area, may be Kwara because of Saraki. But the northerners have made up their mind. Kwankwasiyya is either kwankwaso or Buhari. Any other person is an infidel.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by kotv: 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2018
san316:

You will be surprised how Atiku will lose woefully in the north by the time our singers release damning album about him. By the time Atiku is damaged in the north, he would only get votes in plateau, Benue and Taraba. Niger is non negotiable, Kogi is a no go area, may be Kwara because of Saraki. But the northerners have made up their mind. Kwankwasiyya is either kwankwaso or Buhari. Any other person is an infidel.

NW and NE may likely vote more for Buhari than Atiku. NC is not a guaranteed vote for him. Even within his stronghold, you forget that the maltreatment of the shittes by Buhari would come in play. There's no guarantee vote from them either. You can realize as much album as you want. Invite Wizkid to sing into it to, Buhari destroyed each strength he had by his own actions.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Ategberoson(m): 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

My brother join hands with us, let us atikulate and kick out the daura buffoon.

SE in the bag.

SS in the bag

NE in the bag

MB in the bag

Everybody is Atikulating my brother.

I like your vibes but hope you've the main action with you because mouth no do em
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by biztip: 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2018
people who don't know argue at times. u guys forgot DT Igbo's re d ones who live in all parts of Nigeria in large population. una dey forget easily what happened in lagos in 2015 when an Oba insulted the igbos. so all those protest votes for PDP DT nearly gave them victory was from Yorubas even in their own land. I see same replicating in 2019
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Omonaijani: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nfora: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2018
Was Peter Obi not the governor of Anambra?

I am not aware anambra was better economically, than Lagos,lead by a Lawyer,fashola.

undecided
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by biztip: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nfora:
Was Peter Obi not the governor of Anambra?

I am not aware anambra was better economically, than Lagos,lead by a Lawyer,fashola.

undecided
anambra was economically at par with lagos when obi was there. infra structurally beta than lagos too then. peter really brought class to governance in anambra. come to anambra and see .stop saying things ant places u Neva been to

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by boxypane(m): 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2018
jumpandpas:

By the time you discover that Shgari and OBJ won without SW you'll cover your face in shame. Even the guy I quoted didn't argue with me because he's enlightened.
What you should ask yourself is "was there quality opposition then like we have now"
The game is different now, more understanding and exposure, and mind you, politics in Nigeria is not decided on social media.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Delivar(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
divinelove:
angry Big mistake

Why give vp to south East when u already have their votes.

VP should have been used to get massive votes from South West
Who told you Atiku already has south east votes? If Atiku hadn't picked Obi a lot of SE/SS folks wouldn't bother to vote. But in this case there would be a high turnout of SE/SS voters. Many south west voters are actually tired of Buhari so I believe Atiku will get sufficient votes there as well.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by dklex(m): 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
why o o h why our colonial G, this our ridig permutation is just too much
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by san316(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
kotv:

NW and NE may likely vote more for Buhari than Atiku. NC is not a guaranteed vote for him. Even within his stronghold, you forget that the maltreatment of the shittes by Buhari would come in play. There's no guarantee vote from them either. You can realize as much album as you want. Invite Wizkid to sing into it to, Buhari destroyed each strength he had by his own actions.

Don't worry, during campaign, PDP lies will be demystified. Shias will either vote Buhari or abstain completely from voting. Then again, how many are they in the north? The love for PMB in the north is like madness. Forget all the online propaganda

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by kotv: 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2018
san316:

Don't worry, during campaign, PDP lies will be demystified. Shias will either vote Buhari or abstain completely from voting. Then again, how many are they in the north? The love for PMB in the north is like madness. Forget all the online propaganda

So because they may not support your Dullard, that's reason why you people would abstain them from voting. You even proudly announce this. This is why we must remove this anti democracy party from this country. APC is nothing but evil waste.

The person who climbed up a pool to protest against Buhari was from the North. The person who trekked for Atiku the second he was announced as PDP presidential candidate also from North. Even recently, a video was shown of APC rigging Kano votes in the APC primary to choose Buhari as APC presidential candidate. Even supposedly he's strongest stronghold, you still unsure and had to rig grin. We await this demystifying from APC. Do you think only South is experiencing the mismanagement and hunger Buhari brought to this country.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Cchuks27(m): 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
jaxxy:

Guess they have there reasons. Who’s both from Abia? NIO is delta bt married to delta. Obi is Anambra.

Yes, she's from Delta state (my bad) but her husband is from Abia state. So I still don't get why you said the husband's state kicked against it.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Zombierudeen e pain you no be small. cheesy

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by san316(m): 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
kotv:

So because they may not support your Dullard, that's reason why you people would abstain them from voting. You even proudly announce this. This is why we must remove this anti democracy party from this country. APC is nothing but evil waste.

The person who climbed up a pool to protest against Buhari was from the North. The person who trekked for Atiku the second he was announced as PDP presidential candidate also from North. Even recently, a video was shown of APC rigging Kano votes in the APC primary to choose Buhari as APC presidential candidate. Even supposedly he's strongest stronghold, you still unsure and had to rig grin. We await this demystifying from APC. Do you think only South is experiencing the mismanagement and hunger Buhari brought to this country.

Nigeria is not being mismanaged by Buhari, he just changed the corrupt ways things were being done. There are millions of people like me who believe this. The man who trekked for Atiku has one vote only and he probably has no influence whatsoever in his community, the man that climbed pole is retarded and will probably not even vote. Thousands of NPower beneficiaries will vote PMB, thousands of rural dwellers who benefitted from the cash transfers will vote PMB. PMB won't have to rig to win in 2019, he will win on his record that you guys are trying to avoid.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by UgwuAghachi: 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2018
intruxive:

Lol, u r so wicked. I bet the hair on my ballz those dundees from the yeast wont see ur sarcasm

Tah sharap.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by kotv: 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
san316:

Nigeria is not being mismanaged by Buhari, he just changed the corrupt ways things were being done. There are millions of people like me who believe this. The man who trekked for Atiku has one vote only and he probably has no influence whatsoever in his community, the man that climbed pole is retarded and will probably not even vote. Thousands of NPower beneficiaries will vote PMB, thousands of rural dwellers who benefitted from the cash transfers will vote PMB. PMB won't have to rig to win in 2019, he will win on his record that you guys are trying to avoid.

He's not mismanaging the country yet poverty have increased, millions lost their jobs, hundreds of companies closed down, food prices increased, recession hit, etc. Keep fooling yourself. You don't have to rig but yet did it on a primary election that's just him running against your other party members alone. You and Buhari would soon see that a hungry citizens are not happy citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by san316(m): 12:06am On Oct 13, 2018
kotv:

He's not mismanaging the country yet poverty have increased, millions lost their jobs, hundreds of companies closed down, food prices increased, recession hit, etc. Keep fooling yourself. You don't have to rig but yet did it on a primary election that's just him running against your other party members alone. You and Buhari would soon see that a hungry citizens are not happy citizens.

Recession was inevitable. It had been predicted. See links https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/138723-exclusive-okonjo-iweala-opens-up-says-nigeria-economy-in-danger.html

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/okonjo-iweala-warns-of-economic-recession/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwi6ltLrgILeAhVkIsAKHSqmAGMQFjAAegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1WAWNNi9dTG93tHJYgFlh4&ampcf=1&cshid=1539385336491

GEJ was already having difficulty paying salaries before he was kicked out. He even delayed NYSC allowance for almost a month(I was serving then).

Government revenue from oil dropped hence the resultant effect on the economy but not for once did the government fail to pay salaries. PMB even gave bailouts to state governments to clear arrears. Closing down of companies and job losses are inevitable outcomes of recession but more important companies had been closed down under PDP even though things were relatively o. (NITEL) comes to mind.

Many companies that closed down were even companies that benefitted from the fraudulent PDP government.

An autopilot government as u claim cannot get us out of recession but PMB did. He's completing abandoned projects that PDP spent billions without anything to show for it. There is now relative peace in the NE compared to pre 2015. Do you remember that at a point in 2013, Abuja was considered a no go area due to insurgency? But now we can freely move around in Abj, go to churches or mosque without fear of bomb blast.

Grow out of your shell and see things for what they are. What is lacking in Nigeria now is free money but throwing free money around will only kill the country further

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Rexnegro(m): 1:22am On Oct 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:
I am not impressed ..our surest bet would be a VP from the SW...i am a realist
I said this same thing and I was bashed like I said worst.
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Opharhe: 2:09am On Oct 13, 2018
SarkinYarki:
I am not impressed ..our surest bet would be a VP from the SW...i am a realist
But now we have this and it's equally good. Let's give support.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by blackgold90(m): 5:41am On Oct 13, 2018
san316:

There is no competition in the south because the south is already polarised between APC south west and PDP SS + SE, And there are 6 vs 11 states in South.

The real competition is in the north.
Atiku is from a geopolitical zone,his zone will vote for him. If the NorthEast, Middlebelt, south south, South east vote for him he will win.

The division in the south caused by Yorubas In 2015 for voting out GEJ a South South president after south west having received and got the support of both SS and SE while Obj was president if not corrected in 2019, don't think Yoruba will get presidency through APC while the Igbo is yet to get it. Because this is the only selfish reasons you guys will be voting a failure.

It is either the north will continue to be in power or the marginalized south east will leave with the help of world powers because the marginalization by then will be so glaring.

But during campaign I strongly believe some south West leader will educate your likes in the need to vote wise for equity sake
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by san316(m): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2018
blackgold90:

There is no competition in the south because the south is already polarised between APC south west and PDP SS + SE, And there are 6 vs 11 states in South.

The real competition is in the north.
Atiku is from a geopolitical zone,his zone will vote for him. If the NorthEast, Middlebelt, south south, South east vote for him he will win.

The division in the south caused by Yorubas In 2015 for voting out GEJ a South South president after south west having received and got the support of both SS and SE while Obj was president if not corrected in 2019, don't think Yoruba will get presidency through APC while the Igbo is yet to get it. Because this is the only selfish reasons you guys will be voting a failure.

It is either the north will continue to be in power or the marginalized south east will leave with the help of world powers because the marginalization by then will be so glaring.

But during campaign I strongly believe some south West leader will educate your likes in the need to vote wise for equity sake

No world leaders will come to your aid. The only thing that will help the ibos is if they realign their brain and start acting strategic rather than sentimental. Voting Atiku gives the north 8more years, voting buhari gives them 4 more. Which way to go?

And mind you, NE have always gone to PMB against Atiku. PMB will win even Adamawa, Atiku 's state
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by Collins4u1(m): 6:40am On Oct 13, 2018
talk2saintify:
shocked

Very smart decision from ATIKU
If Atiku Continues with this SMARTNESS, then winning 2019 elections would'nt be a problem
Even Though Peter Obi Never achieved any thing while in power during his tenure as the Governor of Anambra, Igbos and Easterners will still vote for him because Peter Obi is From the East!!
We already know that at least 55% of people who voted buhari during the last election are regretting it already, so we can admit that the reverse will be the case come2019.

Peter Obi never achieved nothing while in office?
If you're not from Anambra or From Anambra but don't go home, kindly stop talking nonsense!
Re: Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate by blackgold90(m): 7:05am On Oct 13, 2018
san316:

No world leaders will come to your aid. The only thing that will help the ibos is if they realign their brain and start acting strategic rather than sentimental. Voting Atiku gives the north 8more years, voting buhari gives them 4 more. Which way to go?

And mind you, NE have always gone to PMB against Atiku. PMB will win even Adamawa, Atiku 's state

There is a law signed by PMB that stipulates only 1 term for a vice president who completes tenure with a president expect the law is repeal Atiku will do 1 term.

Even at that northerners will prefer to vote for a more years Atiku presidency than a just 4years buhari. Was it not obj 8years and Gej 6years from South, why do you want to suddenly shortcharge north to only 8years of Buhari?

NE have never gotten a better chance to vote Atiku before, he contested with a more appealing obasanjo choice of a North Central Yardua. This time they will vote for him.

The SE have made that alignment and your leaders and making it to work for a better Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Fati Ajimobi Hails Father, Ganduje For Dethroning Emir Sanusi / Oshiomhole & Wike Meet At Senator Omo-Agege's Thanksgiving In Delta State / 'Thanks': Wike’s Response To Atiku’s Congratulatory Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.