Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,005 members, 7,841,851 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Wicked World! See What A'ibom College Of Aides Said About Gov. Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wicked World! See What A'ibom College Of Aides Said About Gov. Udom (378 Views)

Ayade Stops Salaries Of Aides, LG Chairmen, Others Who Refused To Join APC / Photos: Check Out What Mikel Obi Said About Gov. Yahaya Bello. Declares Support / Kyari, SGF In Shouting March As Osinbajo Turns Down Sack Of Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wicked World! See What A'ibom College Of Aides Said About Gov. Udom by Tom18: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
We are Solidly Behind Gov Udom - College of Aides

Tom FredFish, Uyo, 12th October 2018

The College of Aides to Governor Udom Emmanuel have condemned in strong terms attempt by fair weather politicians to misinform the public and cast aspersion on the Governor of Akwa Ibom state, Mr. Udom Emmanuel.

Speaking on behalf of the college, Engr. Ufot Ebong who is the Dean adviced the public from giving attention to people whose integrity cannot pass through the simplest moral scrutiny, noting that Barr. Mfon Udeme is a "very jaundiced and disturbed" man living in a dreamland.

The is in response to a statement credited to one Barr. Mfong Udeme, who in a report published by ThisDay Newspaper said that about 200 aides of Governor Udom Emmanuel were warming up to resign from his administration.

Engr. Ebong said: "such a statement must have come from a very jaundiced and disturbed mind, living in a dreamland with wishful thinking. The Atiku tsunami has caused the opposition to grab at any straw to survive so as the Dean of the college, I won't dignify such trash with a response, instead I will allow it to be consigned to the dustbin of the warped mind that wrote it."

One could have been satisfied with what Engr. Ebong said since he heads the College of Aides, however other aides of the governor did not spare Barr. Udeme who they described as a failed politician who wants to survive by all means.

This line of thought is driving by Mr. Ndueso Essien, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, who noted: "few of my colleagues who were not favoured by the zoning arrangements in their localities and some who could not get any assurances of imposition went to APC, because they wanted to stand election at all cost."

Continuing further he stressed that "I learnt most of them have not been able to secure the tickets and to make themselves relevant, they were induced to attack the government they once served."

"Yes, I have been approached and threatened, and most of my colleagues have been approached, but we insist that we cannot be party to any attempt to lead our state backwards to the ugly past we once dreaded", he concluded.

On his part Mr. James Abang, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Project slammed the Akwa Ibom State APC for being mischievous and acting undemocratic.

He said: "APC is drowning at an alarming speed. This started last Sunday after the emergence of the people's Atikulator. You know when you are drowning, you don't have the liberty to say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me; no, you just scream anyhow for help, and hold on to anything. That is what APC is doing now. They are just screaming."

"First, that their members are being attacked by ghost gunmen. Next, that 200 or is it 2000 governor's aides are resigning. There is no need for anyone to worry himself. Which aide will leave a winning team for a drowning one, he asked rhetorically?

For Anefiok Mauculey who is serving as the governor's Special Assistant on Media, he noted that: "I think Mfon Udeme is leaving in utopia. The other aides who wanted to go like Udeme have gone. Those of us remaining are committed and solidly behind the second term bid of his Excellency Udom Emmanuel. Those who left in the past did so for selfish reasons. In Udom Emmanuel we have seen a man with integrity, a man of peace, a selfless leader who goes out of his way to do so much for the betterment of the common people."

"Will the so called aides quit because they don't get salaries at when due? Or will they quit because the governor has not performed? The simple answer is No. So on what yardstick or basis will they quit?"

"I think Mr. Udeme was only engaging in hasty generalisation to please his new pay master. Unfortunately there are no art to read the mind construction on the face otherwise people who lacks integrity and gratitude shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. Since he resigned about two weeks ago he has been spewing lies and insult not only on the person of the governor but the office of the governor where his postmaster is desperately seeking to occupy. As far as am concerned, my former colleague may have said what he said because he had nothing to say. He is alone on his selfish journey to perfidy and the said 200 aides are only in his fantasy world."

What remains clear is the goodwill, strong support and unflinching commitment enjoyed by the governor who is confident that his aides are committed to his administration beyond 2019.

(1) (Reply)

Vice President Atiku's Burden Of Corruption / ''presidency Has Ordered EFCC To Detain Fayose Indefinitely'' PDP Alleges As His / Court Validates Buhari’s Order To Seize Properties Linked To Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.