Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Fayose Presents Handover Note To Hos, Inaugurates Speaker’s House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Presents Handover Note To Hos, Inaugurates Speaker’s House (578 Views)

Speaker House Of Rep Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila Visit Bola Tinubu - Photo / Okorocha Produces Handover Note After Ihedioha Issued Ultimatum- Pictures / Speaker House Of Rep.,yakubu Dogara Mourns Hon. Olatoye Sugar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Presents Handover Note To Hos, Inaugurates Speaker’s House by Helpfromabove1(m): 5:58am On Oct 13, 2018
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has presented a handover note to the state’s Head of Service, Dr. Gbenga Faseluka.

The event took place during the special State Executive Council meeting at the new Governor’s Office in Ado Ekiti on Friday.

He also inaugurated the Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly’s new residence named Rt. Hon Kola Oluwawole’s Residence.

Oluwawole was impeached on Thursday by 14 of the 26 members of the Ekiti State House of Assembly.

Fayose told Oluwawole to see his impeachment as a price of leadership.

“If I were you, in the interest of Ekiti, I will tell them to carry on. Everything works for good.”

[READ ALSO] Primaries: 272 Senators, Reps may not return in 2019

Speaking at the council’s meeting witnessed by some traditional rulers, the outgoing governor thanked the people of the state for the opportunity to serve.

He urged them to extend same cooperation to the incoming administration in the interest of the development of the state.

Fayose said, “What has a beginning must have an end. It is not the number of years spent but the quantity and quality of achievements.

“I’m a man who came, saw and conquered. I can’t finish all, I have done my best. History will be kind on me as a man who has given his best to the people. I will remember all for your support, I bear no grudges against anyone.”

Fayose said he would be available to answer any question on his administration.

Meanwhile, an Ekiti State High Court on Friday refused to grant a motion seeking to restrain the Governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, from dissolving the 16 local government councils.

The application was filed by the state’s Association of Local Governments of Nigeria, led by the Chairman of Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government, Dapo Olagunju.

In his ruling, Justice Abiodun Adesodun, who subsequently adjourned the substantive matter till October 22, described the motion as pre-emptive, speculative and not being meritorious. He said there was no compelling fact in the application to warrant the granting of the order.

https://punchng.com/fayose-presents-handover-note-to-hos-inaugurates-speakers-house/

Re: Fayose Presents Handover Note To Hos, Inaugurates Speaker’s House by cooldipo(m): 6:06am On Oct 13, 2018
Time up!
Re: Fayose Presents Handover Note To Hos, Inaugurates Speaker’s House by tukdi: 6:23am On Oct 13, 2018
undecided
Re: Fayose Presents Handover Note To Hos, Inaugurates Speaker’s House by ekhai(m): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2018
HOPE HE'S NOT PLANNING TO RUN AWAY. EXILE IS LOADING.

(1) (Reply)

Zamfara Primaries: Court Orders APC, INEC To Maintain Status Quo / UK Independent - Nnamdi "Mr President, I Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship 2015" / 'You May Choose To Leave': PDP Accuses Buhari Of Insensitivity To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.