Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,870 members, 7,855,561 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

7 Health Tips On How To Deal With Anxiety - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Health Tips On How To Deal With Anxiety (361 Views)

7 Health Benefit Of Bitter Kola / 7 Health Benefits Of Cassava Leave. / 7 Health Benefits Of Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Health Tips On How To Deal With Anxiety by 24hoursreporter: 10:53am On Oct 13, 2018
At a time in our life, we tend to struggle with anxiety. In fact, when you are in this state, you are completely unstable. You tend to immerse yourself in deep thought about things happening around you. I definitely understand that feeling, as I have been there before.

Sometimes, fear of the unknown can cause anxiety. However, when you are always anxious about little things, it has health implication in the long run. This is why we have come up with some health tips on how to deal with anxiety.

7 Health Tips On How To Deal With Anxiety

#1. Practice Deep Breathing

Deep breathing is one of the health tips on how to deal with anxiety. It is an effective tool for calming our nervous system when we are distressed or anxious.

According to Liz Arch “Conscious breathing can help pull us out of the past by giving us a direct anchor to the present moment.” If you can master the art of deep breathing very well, you can definitely deal with anxiety.

#2. Know That Being Anxious Will Not Change Anything

What most people tend to forget quickly is the fact that being anxious will not change anything. In fact, it sometimes makes things worse.

So, it is advisable to find a solution to what is causing your anxiety. If you can control the anxiety with a deep breath, start brainstorming on how to handle the situation on the ground.

I repeat! anxiety will only make things worse as you will completely destabilize while in this state.

#3. Speak With Someone You Trust

Speaking with someone is among the health tips on how to deal with anxiety. It is advisable to talk with someone you trust very well when you are anxious about something.

Ordinarily, your parents or any other close family relative could have been better. You will be less vulnerable when speaking with someone. Speaking with someone sometimes reduces the stress on your mind.

#4. Encourage Yourself That There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel

No matter what you are passing through in life, there will always be light at the end of the tunnel. Just take a deep breath, eat good food and look at the brighter side of the opportunity.

See every hard time and challenges in your life as another interesting episode of your success story. With this, you will naturally bounce back from being anxious and be relaxed.

#5. Allow Yourself To Feel Your Emotions

One of the health tips on how to deal with anxiety is allowing yourself to feel your emotions. Express your feelings to people around you or on social media platform may help. Its a way of allowing yourself to feel your emotions.

#6. Engage In A Healthy Distraction

Engaging in a healthy distraction will go a long way to reducing the anxiety you are currently going through.

Something as little as taking a walk in nature, getting coffee with a friend, seeing a comedy movie in a cinema can do the magic. A good comedy and laughter can help carry out a factory reset on your state of mind.

#7. Limit Alcohol Consumption

One of the most important health tips on how to deal with anxiety is limiting alcohol consumption. Sadly, most people tend to increase their intake of alcohol once they are overwhelmed or anxious.

This will only make things worse and put you in a more unstable state. So, it is advisable to limit alcohol consumption when you are in a state of anxiety.

Source: 24hoursreporter

Cc

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: 7 Health Tips On How To Deal With Anxiety by junesum: 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
I agree with all listed points, except the last one. A small amount of alcohol helps me relieve stress and get rid of anxiety. I do not urge people to drink alcohol as soon as they start feeling anxious, but a small dose of alcohol will not harm in my opinion. I also drink vitamins when I feel bad, for example [url="https://tonusjournal.com/brain-health/cerebral-key-pills/"]Cerebral Key[/url].

(1) (Reply)

Gynaecological Infections - Why Should You Be Aware Of It? / Have You Fought Infertility And Its Still Persisting? / Ants In My Cup! Is That A Sign Of Excess Sugar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.